BIONICLE cameos in non-BIONICLE related stuff!

Yup, I also only just learned about it. It’s not a 3rd Lego movie per se - it’s not related to the first two Lego movies - and is instead a movie telling the life story of Pharell Williams (a musician) in Lego animation form. It’s called “piece by piece” and is set to release later this year afaik.

5 Likes

No. I realized that the game requires graphics processors better than what I have. Oh well… I barely had enough storage for infinite…

2 Likes

The clipping is bad in this. The pieces can’t connect at all.

1 Like

you need infinite storage lol

1 Like

I’m not so sure, it might just be unconventional building techniques
It looks to me like it’s built around these two pieces stacked on top of each other, with plates and tiles filling in the gap

4 Likes

That area can work. What I’m concerned about is this

That looks like a too small pin hole to me, through which they put a part with an axle. Maybe it’s just a weird perspective, but I can’t see that working.

2 Likes

Looks like a rendering error

One of these would work

IMG_7875

4 Likes

Coincidental name drop in the Google Translate mod for Paper Mario, Book of Mario Thousands of Doors.

6 Likes

Update on these cake guys:

Here’s what I have so far. I’m pretty certain I have the arms correct and the torso seems to align pretty well with the pictures.

I have ideas for how the legs go together but I need to test them still.

7 Likes

thanks for your work

3 Likes

Update - I took another look at the images recently and threw together this rough mock-up.

From what I both remember and can see in my pictures, I believe the legs were connected with those little black bar pieces. I can’t remember what the lower legs looked like, so I just whipped up some that roughly matched the image.

I’m at a loss as to what the back looks like and how the masks go together, and as I am no longer in California, I cannot get more pictures or more looks. Additionally, as far as I’m aware, I’m the only one who has posted pictures of this, so my crappy shots are probably the only thing out there until DuckBricks goes back to the Master Model Builder workshop.

8 Likes