BIONICLE cameos in non-BIONICLE related stuff!

So I was just discovering that an album I purchased by my favorite band had been uploaded to youtube when I decided to click on a suggested video for a different band and saw this:

19 Likes

That looks cool but… what is the cameo?

A Rahkshi torso and part of an Exo-Toa built into a mechanical skull and Jetrax T6’s in the backround.

10 Likes

Oh I see it. Daaaang…

1 Like

it’s actually broken Jetraz t6’s if you look closely but that’s a really cool find either way

4 Likes

Oh wow you’re right.

3 Likes

Just came across this and thought it belonged here:

https://www.felberpr.com/wp-content/uploads/makuta-logo.png

8 Likes

If only lego trademarked the name…

1 Like

And look what got popular on reddit a couple months ago:

Reddit - Dive into anything?

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/98d1w9/exos_are_just_bionicles/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list

6 Likes

In the first Maximum Ride Novel, there is a reference to some 2005 sets, specifically one of the characters disappointing he couldn’t get one. Its been a while since I’ve read it, but that’s the only part of the book I remember lol

9 Likes

I move that we accept Cayde 6 as Bionicle canon, as one last way of honoring him.
Edit: just rembered; I made my original Destiny 1 hunter look like Lewa. Come to think of it, my current Destiny 2 character is meant to have a blue Miru. Huh.

1 Like

Is it just me or does Taskmaster’s mask from Insomniac’s Spider-Man look very similar to the G2 skull masks

13 Likes

It’s not just you.

1 Like

“They call him Skull Grinder.”

Or at least I do.

4 Likes

In one of Rifftrax’s Twilight series riffs, Mike Nelson quips (in character as Edward) that he has a bin full of Bionicles at one point

3 Likes

funny talking about trademarks, since you’re using a name from another company.

(I know it’s not trademarked, I just saw that as ironic.)

13 Likes

I guess this fits in here. Probably the largest channel to do something Bionicle related in the last (ever?) few years.

8 Likes

What is the first picture from?

In episode 9 season 8 of friends on the microwave in joeys apartment there’s a mask less Kopaka standing there.

Also in episode 11 season 8 there’s a mask less Gali standing in the shelf in joeys apartment.

6 Likes