BIONICLE Canon Contest #1 - The First, Part 2 - by Oomatu [Version 3]

[Version 3] I’m super happy with all the feedback everyone has given me! Here is hopefully the last batch of tweaks before the contest ends. My schedule is kinda hectic so I’m shooting a moving target here.

• Removed the hose intakes on the mask to give it a more streamlined look.
  • Sealed the front visor to match the concept and illustration.
  • Fixed a mistake on the mask concept.

113 Likes

perfect

2 Likes

this is honestly incredible

6 Likes

That’s such an epic drawing, the mask design is the best yet imo. That’s a pity that it can’t participate, since you didn’t provide the picture of the mask’s front/side/top view (There’s this rule in the contest’s rule list)

2 Likes

Welp looks like I’m not entering.

Solid work man.

5 Likes

So, this is my vote.

3 Likes

Not exactly frail or ancient looking, is she?

2 Likes

Fantastic, love the lighting and background

4 Likes

Still working on that. I’ll update the post later.

3 Likes

Looks a little too much like meta knight to me

Love the lighting and style.

2 Likes

Wow, the artwork looks incredible. Probably, too squat for my liking but overall impression is great.

I knew it was only a matter of time before you showed up and cleaned shop. This is crazy!

2 Likes

This is a pretty fantastic piece of work, great job! the colors and lighting especially are fantastic.

1 Like

Crap, now I see it too. XD Gonna make some adjustments in my second draft.

holy crap, this is insanely good!

What a beast

2 Likes

Updated with Version 2. Much happier with mask design!!

2 Likes

You’ve managed to make it even better! What a tremendous art! I love the colors, the stance, the expression on the mask, the angles, the texture, the location - everything.

2 Likes

This trully is wonderful piece! The lighting, the alien birds in the background…
The only thing is the mask - it fits really well with the design of the MOC, I just don’t like how it looks (as a mask). That is just a personal preference, though, great job!

1 Like

well, alright then

There’s not much I can add to this that hasn’t already been said. If most of the other works are destroyers, this is a dreadnought. I’m not a personal fan of the mask’s overall design, but I like the “wings” reminiscent of Technic panel fairings. My first exposure to that family of LEGO pieces was the MNOG boat, and it’s been one of my favorite pieces ever since.

1 Like