BIONICLE Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker

Excellent point. All mask/art contest entries should include furby-like eyes to achieve 100% canon accuracy.

whydidimakethisimsorry

I’m sorry why do I do this to myself

12 Likes
1 Like

I will never un-see that…

1 Like

A submission i guess

3 Likes

Noice beard!

1 Like

Gotta get back, samurai jack!

3 Likes

Quick statement: If you see anyone claiming to be a member of the TTV Cast or Staff on 4chan, making claims or declarative statements regarding what people have to do while participating in this contest, understand that they are impostors and not actually any of us.

The best way to get an official answer regarding a question about this contest is either here on the TTV Message Boards, a comment on YouTube on one of our videos (assuming the response is from one of our accounts, which can be confirmed via the main TTV channel), or a Discord server one of us are actually in, which can be verified through the previous two methods.

Thank you,

-Eljay

11 Likes

All of the above.

A further question about the Mask of Creation’s symbols, though: given the shear amount of detail implied by the description, can we enter mask art in two scales?

Allow me to explain. There’s obviously no limitation on the art size, so in theory I can make my mask art life-size to fit in all the detail I want.

But.

People who want to recreate him would probably want to 3D print the canon mask, and it would be insanely difficult to shrink down a big design and still maintain the same level of detail.

out of courtesy to 3D modelers, should I create the detailed mask art, but have a slightly less detailed (but clearly intended to be the same) mask on the drawing, and/or as supplementary material?

Also, are there any rules against sculpting a 3D mask entry? I don’t mean 3D printable, just a clay sculpt.

1 Like

I think that if the 3-d modellers want a simplified version of the mask, they will simplify it themselves.

But if you do want to make a simplified version, you should probably do so outside of the contest. In its own post or something.

Otherwise, if could create confusion about which mask is the “real” one.

I can’t speak on behalf of mask-modellers, but as a guy used to modelling for video games, lowering complexity of a model for an increase in performance is something I’m very used to.

2 Likes

It’s something most PC gamers are used to as well. Find me someone that doesn’t use Maximum Potato Mode for their settings and I’ll show you someone that spent way too much on their rig.

1 Like

@Eljay

Here is my formal entry for the Meet the Maker contest!

Breakdown photos, design process, and color-palette explanations in post. Additional breakdown photos can be taken and provided upon request.

Submission photos are provided below in the following order: Front, Side, Back, Entry Photo.

I would like to emphasize that the palette of this submission ought be re-interpreted as largely sand-green in the art portion of the competition. This entry is meant to be a physical foundation for artists to get the color palette just right later. The pieces simply don’t exist for a mostly sand-green build. In accordance with the contest rules, there are only two shades of green present: sand-green, with transluscent crystal green acting as an accent. White pieces ought to be regarded as sand-green for artist’s interpretation later.

Credit to KhingK for the Mask of Creation design, which I truly hope ends up becoming the canon mask regardless of MOC winner. I purchased this print from KhingK’s Shapeways store Forge of the Mask Makers.

Happy forging for all the other participants! Looking forward to the awesome competition!

2 Likes

uhhhh hope im doing this right, linking my topic entry here is the right way to link it here correct?
https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/artakha-meeting-the-maker-canon-contest-2-meet-the-maker/55563

2 Likes

Here’s mine: Artakha, The Creator (Canon Contest #2: Meet the Maker)

4 Likes

I’m considering maybe participating in the art portion this time. I felt like I was late to the Helryx contest and just ended up being there to enjoy the ride. This time however, I feel like I wanna show off some of my skill in the second half when it gets to that point, and plus, I’ve never done this before and it could be really fun.

Best of luck to the mocers out there!

7 Likes

Here’s my entry!

8 Likes

@Eljay some questions on the green rules:

1. Can the shade of green be olive green (the color of chi cragger’s hands)? I know many people interpret gray-green as olive green, so would, say, a Metru green/olive green moc be allowed?
  2. Does it apply to the hammer? I.e. if someone makes a Metru green moc with light green bohrok eyes on the hammer?

No.

We’re playing this by a case-by-case basis. So it’s not being prohibited as of now, but if it adds too much to that color, we may ask it to be changed.

here is my moc!

https://board.ttvchannel.com/t/canonization-contest-2-meet-the-maker-artakha-the-creator/55572/9

1 Like

Tell me again, why do we need an art contest and can’t just set Mask of Creation from g2 as Artakha’s mask?