BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard, Part 2 (Art) + Part 1 Winners

Maybe Khingk’s Noble Hau could work. I’ve seen a Pouks moc similar to the winner and thought it looked cool.

22e25ea0955ea55d5e30d63810f1831f_preview_featured

2 Likes

Say I’m planning on keeping Pouks’ mask, but creating a new mask for Gaaki. I’d then accompany my entry photo with a photo of the various views of JUST Gaaki’s mask, right?

Or would I have to draw Pouks’ mask too?

What’s the reasoning behind this? Is it because it obscures Norik and/or Iruini, or is it because of the canon implications of them using Exo-Toa armour?

1 Like

Where did you get those knights parts? The chest armor too

I made those knights’ shoulder armors and you can copy them from my Hagah entry. There you can also find the Kalmah foot, but that piece I stole borrowed from another entry that I can’t remeber now. The knight sword was made by MecraMakuta for his Hagah entry

All the other pieces, with exception of the custom masks, are avalaible in the Biopack.

2 Likes

If the mask for Pouks is a custom 3D mask, you only need to link the free download link for the file. If Gaaki’s isn’t, that’s the one you need to draw.

Both.

5 Likes

The Hagah were the Makita’s personal body guards, and the Makuta are frequently said to have armies of Exo-Toa. It would make sense that the Hagah would hop into them from time to time.

Seeing as the Exo-Toa completely negated the Toa Mata’s powers, it makes absolutely no sense that a Toa would willingly use an Exo-Toa suit.

2 Likes

Seeing as it appears Eljay is posting in the thread, I’d like to take the opportunity to reiterate my question from earlier.

Additionally, what’s the verdict on the art changing aspects of the kanohi worn by the two 1/3 consent hagah, provided said aspects are not seen in the entry image?

2 Likes

Here’s a couple quotes on Exo-Toa and the Hagah.

No, they were not made for the Toa Hagah. They were made to function independenty, the way they did against the Kal, on the orders of the BOM.

(Link)

They weren’t designed to work independently. They were originally designed to guard BOM fortresses, and we know the BOM also had Toa to protect them. So it is reasonable to assume that some Toa (even if not the Hagah we know of) may have used them in the past.

(Link)

They weren’t intended to be used by the Hagah, but it’s not impossible they used them at some point. Seems like a reasonable rule to disallow them IMO.

1 Like

Right now, we’re leaning yes, it would be prohibited. The previous winning entries retained the colors of the winning MOCs, and we’re opting for precedence for the time being.

Elaborate, please.

3 Likes

Huemus was right, I copy them from his entry.

Though I’m unable to find it at the moment, I recall there being some statement made that had Perp’s Pouks won, there would’ve been some allowance to different interpretations of the thigh armor, on account of it being a little difficult to make out on the entry image.
My question is whether the set-in-stone mask designs must 100% be the design used in the entry photograph, or if there can there be modifications made to areas of the mask not visible in the entry photograph?

EDIT: It has come to my attention that the discussion pertaining to Pouks’ thigh armor was in reference to Kodiak’s winning entry, and not Perp3tual’s artwork. I apologize for the error.

1 Like

Not accounting for stylization, yes, you need to use the pieces shown in the entry photos. But pieces not shown (such as Pouks’ knee armor), we’re allowing for modification.

5 Likes

Fair enough, I suppose. I just thought it would be more interesting to depict them in a way never seen before.

1 Like

So, Exo-Toa is a no-go.

But what if…

17 Likes

Is that thing even canon?

1 Like

Of course it’s canon, it has one on it’s underside.

18 Likes

that’s not what I meant

yes
i want to see kualus on one

1 Like