BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

We’ll say discretion for now, unless it gets to be an issue. You may have to do both upon staff request.

3 Likes

Ok, cool, how about my second question:

2 Likes

While I’m early, I will say this on behalf of anyone who wants to achieve a good-looking team with no oddities like identical masks, uneven colours, etc.:

Please strongly consider giving consent to change your design’s mask, spear AND metallic colour.

I get why people wouldn’t want this, but I and many others especially don’t want to be forced into having two Hagah with the same mask or spear. And at least some people would prefer it if there was some pattern in the colours of the Hagah (e.g. 2/2/2 gold/silver/gunmetal). We can’t leave this to chance.

6 Likes

Doritos. There’s your answer. Have fun.

3 Likes

It’s Hagah time boys

9 Likes

Another thing: does anyone know a good paint that matches flat gold and other official metallic colours? If so, post it here and on this topic.

As for silver, gunmetal and pearl gold, I can recommend these:

61wI2zXU2JL.AC_SY355

51mrc7KvaEL.AC_SY355
The silver one is called Humbrol Acrylic Paint No 11, though I think it comes in spray as well. It’s not the best match, but it does the job.

5 Likes

“Artist’s Loft Metallic Acrylic Paint, 4 oz. (Metallic Bronze)” is what I’ve been using for metru gold, Galva recommended it to me ages ago and it’s a perfect match.

Example on a toa of psionics I made a while back:

12 Likes

I don’t own an Iruini, how tall is he?

1 Like

good luck to everyone :grinning:

1 Like

Do you know where to buy it online? It’s not in stock on Amazon.

I hope winning MOCs of Toa Hagah will have the same poseability range of any other Toa with Metru build (a.ka. don’t have extra shoulder articulation like on @Minirigby 's MOC )

1 Like

I got it from amazon.ca about a year ago, I don’t know anywhere else for sure.

Is this an “if you enter more than 1, they must be submitted together as one topic”, or “you can do them together/separately - just don’t submit the same build twice between your topics”?

And if the former, will we be able to edit the topic to add the others if we finish them at a later date before the deadline, for the sake of keeping things together?
I ask this because no matter what, my Pouks will be the last of mine ready to be submitted, and Gaaki could take longer than the other 2 to finish, but I’d want to “lock in” my entries for Kualus and Bomonga as early as possible so that even if the others aren’t finished in time, I’ve still submitted the ones I’m happy with.

3 Likes

And so it begins! It’ll be really interesting to see how this one turns out. Looking forward to it all the same, not least of all because it will probably be the only one of these contests that I enter :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Also, whoever’s been making the thumbnails for these has been knocking them out of the park.

One question: would Kopaka Mata’s sword be considered too long for a spear tip? Looking at it in Stud.io, it’s about 2 studs longer than the Aqua Axe piece.

Slightly taller than Nokama and Nuju

What’s that in cm? Guess I should have been more specific lol :slight_smile:

Oh this is going to be fun.
To Bricklink!

2 Likes

May I post all entries on the same topic, or I must make separated one for each entry?

Also, fellow Stud.io MOCers, please consider trying this: SwampKryakwa's Colorpack v1.5

It’s little color tool by me that will be really important for you to use - Stud.io pearl colors both are inaccurate and not best in look, this must fix issue for you

@Tarkur Exactly 1 stud taller, actually (if we don’t count mask)

1 stud is 0.8 centimeter

Edited for Double Post - BioKnight

1 Like

The time has come! :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:
Good luck to everyone, and plase show me your GREAT-Hagahs!!

4 Likes

Thankfully we’re able to correct for mismatched paint/colours in post…

But if anyone’s looking for some cheaper alternatives and/or doesn’t have much experience/confidence in painting, Sharpie’s Metallic Gold and Silver markers/paint pens are a dead ringer for lego’s old silver and flat dark gold as used by Toa Norik and Iruni, respectively.

(Though I’ve also found that similar products from different brands do almost as well too)

8 Likes