BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

The only permissions that will be reflected are the three listed in this topic.

5 Likes

alright got it. thank you for clarifying

1 Like

So uh

With the Biocup starting I have to focus hard on my current builds and get them out of the way in time for it to occur

So no entry from me :c

4 Likes

I have a rules question for TTV.

For one of my designs, I want to use a Duplo “minifigure” tool as a spear tip, but there’s (obviously) no simple way to connect a Duplo part to a Technic axle.

Would I be allowed to use a 3d-printed/custom adapter piece on the grounds that it is part of the weapon?

Image (Adapter in pink for clarity):

1 Like

if i just throw iruni and whenua into my studio file, do i have to submit a picture with them next to my hagah still?

As long as you include a free link to download the piece, then that’s fine.

You will still need pictures.

5 Likes

alternatively you could use a 2L axle connector and a 2L pin connector.

1 Like

The pin connector is too narrow to grip the Duplo anti-stud.

A Duplo stud is 9.6 mm, while a pin connector is 7.8 (ish)

I could wrap a rubber band around it, but the anti-stud on that wand is pretty shallow.

1 Like

So, I just reread the rules, and it specifies a “single metallic color” for armor only. Does this mean the shield, spear tip, and mask can all be a different metallic color, or are those things included under “armor”? I know that masks can be any color, but I’m specifically talking about the spear tip and shield here.

Any parts on Iruini that are gold or Norik that are silver count in this metallic group. So mask, armor, feet, etc. all need to be one single metallic color.

1 Like

That’s what I thought, however I noticed that one particular entry uses pearl gold spear tips and flat dark gold armor, so that’s why I’m asking for clarification.

Edit: I should also mention that that particular entry isn’t pending or DQ’d.

No, use a half pin with a stud.

Sorry, I’m a system builder so some things seem so obvious to me that I forget to mention them.

A stud isn’t any wider.

I’m looking for a piece that will grip this middle tube:

The tube has a 9.6 mm inner diameter, while the standard System “block” is 7.8 mm.

It’s Duplo.

Oh. My bad.

If you can finagle it, that exact same part (the tube) on the bottom of a system piece fits, but with the piece you’re using, the connection would be nowhere near strong enough.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

1 Like

Someone did it, pink thunderthighs Pouks, and it looks fabulous!

2 Likes

If you could advise which entry that is, that would be appreciated. It may have just been missed.

2 Likes

It was Senit’s entry

Specifically Pouks and Bomonga

2 Likes

Thank you. As suspected, this was simply missed. That being said, lemme discuss it with Meso first and we’ll discuss a few things regarding situations like this.

1 Like

Ok if i have to change it its ok. I just had a different interpretation of the shade thing and saw it as it could be any version of the color you are using.

1 Like

Question since it was brought up elsewhere:

Would this be considered fine colour-wise or would the Metru shins on the upper arms need to be gold, too?

1 Like