BIONICLE Canon Contest #3: Honor Guard

To add to the Jovan discussion, he also has dark blue in his colorscheme :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I may have phrased that unclearly. My point is that Jovan is distinct from a Toa of Earth, or Sound, because he’s gunmetal grey and black, so the same logic should apply to Gaaki being Metru Blue and Flat Dark Gold.

1 Like

Not really. Nowhere is it specified what shade of gold or blue a Toa of Psionics is. It could be anything, varying from Toa to Toa.

The distinction between gray and gunmetal gray comes from the shininess, not the shade.

A better Psionics analogy would be to compare a blue-and-gold Toa with a blue-and-keetorange Toa.

3 Likes

“VARIAN!” he yelled. An azure mask popped up next to him. --No one gets left behind

(okay so it’s just the mask, she could have Metru Blue and Azure and gold, but this at least means Azure is present)

Fair, most of the Orde Mocs I’ve found use Metru Blue and pearl gold, so that’s likely how he’ll end up.

1 Like

That just means that Varian’s blue is azure, not all Toa of Psionics.

I’m not really sure that this will end up being a problem, though; if Wikipedia is to be trusted, “azure” is pretty broad anyways:

I sure hope so.

It would have been awesome if red and blue highlights were part of Magnetism’s official colour scheme. Pretty much everyone already does it anyways, though.

1 Like

Am I in the minority for wanting Gaaki to be metallic lime green?

5 Likes

Well probably, most people want her to be silver, gold or gmg. So yeah its unlikely. (but if anyone makes gaaki lime green in the group-art segment I might vote it because the combo looks cool)

Honestly, that was a joke, I don’t care if Gaaki is gold or silver or whatever.

Though MLG Gaaki would be funny.

2 Likes

I should stop taking so much so seriously

I may be the only one, but I always felt like the metallic Hagah armor - added to denote a higher status than regular Toa - would sort of “be above” the rules for standard Toa armor color? Mainly because it’s most likely given after the Toa has come into being…
As such, the metallic armor would be a separate thing from any standard armor that was previously on the Toa, and any overlap between colors of other elements would be purely coincidental

5 Likes

I won’t vote for gunmetal Bomonga because I won’t vote for gunmetal Toa Hagah at all. If there was a rule prohibiting gold for Gaaki and Kualus then there would be one for gunmetal Bomonga. Unfortunately, it didn’t happen.

3 Likes

I don’t think anyone believe that a golden Kualus for example is canon breaking. It’s just many rather avoid the confusion with other elements, either light, psionics or magnetism.

4 Likes

How will the voting happen? Will every hagah have individual polls or will team entries have separate polls from single entry polls?

I believe it’ll be by character? Could be wrong though.

The voting is for character not for team. If it is the same that the previous vote, the polls will have a photo of the entry Toa (lets say Pouks) and a link to the original post with more Pouks images, his description and maybe the rest of the Hagah if the autor uploaded more Toa.
So the end result could be each Toa been made by the same person or a different person. Team “consistency” could be later “fix” in the team art portion of the contest.

4 Likes

Yeah, statistically speaking it is very likely that all four Hagah will be by different people.

5 Likes

So close to voting! Only 1 more day!

2 Likes

Mhmm. It looks like I won’t finish my Kualus and Bomonga drawings in time. I think I had some good ideas, but I guess it serves me right for procrastinating so much.

I wonder if reviewers/collectors like Duck Bricks will build the winning moc to a tee, or if they’ll use the mask, metallic color, and/or spear-tip from the winning artwork. :thinking:

2 Likes

Push forward my dude. There aren’t as many art entries as I’d imagined, but the ones entered so far stand out by virtue of being a rarity.

Speaking of art entries and whether different people will win…

I happen to have seen a piece of artwork by someone who has yet to enter and suffice it to say, none of us stand a chance :flushed: I’m 90% confident they’re going to win all four entries.

600th post bois let’s party :tada:

1 Like

true, true

I appreciate the encouragement, but I really don’t think it’s possible. I’ve had the ideas swimming in my head for months, but I only started working on the final artwork earlier today. I have a lot of schoolwork and studying to do today as well.

Do you know for sure that they’re going to enter?

1 Like