Bionicle dialogue in a normal conversation

Has there ever been a time you managed to sneak Bionicle dialogue into a normal conversation?

For example, I was in a group project from either my Junior or Senior year of high school (about 1-2 years ago). I don’t quite remember exact details but from what I recall, a group member started getting frustrated with the work/research they were doing and so I said, “You? I’m the one suffering here.” The rest from there is kind of a blur, but I’m still pretty satisfied that bit of Onewa dialogue managed to fit right into the conversation, even if nobody caught the reference.

What about you guys? No one necessarily had to get the reference, but what were some times you used some Bionicle dialogue and it fit right into the conversation?

9 Likes

Yeah I had a friend who would always quote Whenua’s “heey woaaah” line from bionicle 2. I bullied him.

10 Likes

I once asked if somebody to forgive me “I ask, as a friend”, a brief bit of dialogue in legend reborn

3 Likes

I’m not very familiar with the dialogue since I didn’t grow up with it. But I have periodically thrown a ‘that is the way of the BIONICLE’ into converations whenever the number six is brought up.

4 Likes

Well, I frequently slip Treespeak into casual conversations…

Yeah, that’s probably why I have no friends in real life :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

Some citations from movies, constantly. For example that Tuma’s “yeeees”. But most of them are translated so I don’t remember how exactly the sound on english. Also some intonations are different (Keetongu’s “No” is very cool in my language version of movie). Usage of Bionicle (or different fandom) phrases is pretty cool stuff I think.

3 Likes

where you’re going, there’ll be no friend-company.

4 Likes

I use bionicle references and occasionally dialogue in conversations regularly. I sometimes use it to see if there is a bionicle fan in a group of people, and sometimes its just because I talk like that anyways.

Though it makes lots of people think i’m crazy

4 Likes

Last fall when I was in a Robotics class, we were working with a school edition of EV3. And I called the white Bohrok eyes by name.

5 Likes

always wanted one of these

2 Likes

I will frequently say “Clean it all, it must be cleaned!"

7 Likes

That reminds me, I think I once said “such perfect balance” after testing something out. (can’t remember exactly what it was, might have been a new snowboard or something)

2 Likes

I always squeeze “Tahu” into conversations.

4 Likes

There were some lamppost banners at this field trip I went on, one of which had “Unity” emblazoned upon it. I muttered, “Unity, Duty, Destiny” to myself and some guy heard me and told me never to say those words again.

3 Likes

Hmm…
I oughta try this sometime.
Now, which line(s) to use?

2 Likes

What? Why?

2 Likes

Working as a janitor in real life, I can’t state how often I say this.

When ever someone asks me how I can hike/travel so far in so little time I retort with “I can travel very quickly by moving very slowly.”

EDITED FOR DOUBLE POSTING - Spiderus Prime

Edit: Sorry to those who believe that my post is repetitive, but I am newer to this forum and have not yet discovered all there is about how it operates. To give you a reason behind why I had two separate responses- one was a general reply to @Nogus1, while the other was my own inserted conversation. While I apologize for if this seems to be self promoting, I believe such an extreme action as marking my post as spam is not necessary and very uninformative. I would have, and will still, feel appreciated if someone were to comment explaining to me my posts misdoings. Another apology for if this sounded crass, but I ruminated on how to respond and found myself incapable of bettering my word use.
Double Edit: Thanks @Spiderus_Prime for dealing with this issue.

4 Likes

TAKUUUAAAAAAA!!!

6 Likes

Walks around local neighbourhood shouting this at the top of my lungs

But in all seriousness, I think some of the lines I quote I only realize after the fact. Sometimes I’ve quite deliberately brought up the Brutaka/Axonn dialogue about lost causes in serious conversation (with non-Bio fans, giving a brief bit of necessary context), because it’s genuinely a very effective line for one that’s so concise.

As far as less deeply meaningful quotes go - any and all lines from the Bohrok promo material are up for grabs. :stuck_out_tongue:

Perhaps one that’s become an almost instinctive response for me comes up whenever I’m with a person (or group of people) who are going somewhere and neglect to tell me precisely where. And so I begin:
“Where are we going? Why are we going? Are we going at all, or just walking in a big circle? Or is it…” :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve yet to figure out how to properly end it without mentioning Zyglack, but invariably I’m interrupted by a confused/amused individual prior to that point, so I haven’t had to yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

The next one that I’m trying to integrate into regular conversation is Takua’s “I couldn’t find water if I fell out of a canoe.” :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Hold your rahi, I’m coming!

2 Likes