BIONICLE Fanfiction Story: Surrender or Run -- Chapter 2 & Chapter 3

Chapter 2

Toa Mahri Jaller stood in the sunshine at the base of the towering Monument to the Fallen in the center plaza of the city square. The Monument was a giant marble carving of the symbol of the three virtues, with a gold plaque at the monument’s base reading the names of those who sacrificed their lives for the greater good. A name on the plaque stood out to him, seemingly brighter than every other name on the list.

Toa Nuva Tahu, Jaller read, with a twinge of sadness, recalling the events of that fateful day two years ago.

He was so lost in thought that he did not notice his old friend, Toa Takanuva, walk up to him and place a hand on his shoulder.

“Listen, I feel the same as well. It’s been rough, not having a mentor anymore,” Takanuva told Jaller.

“It’s been exactly two years since he died, today is the date,” Jaller responded. “I think we should leave now.”

Jaller promptly placed the wreath of flowers he was carrying at the base of the monument and started to walk off, Takanuva following. It had not been long since they left the plaza until they heard a gunshot and a small explosion. The two Toa quickly turned around and drew their weapons.

“What was that?” Jaller said, sword and Cordak blaster at the ready. His Cordak blaster did not have all six rockets in them; it only had five.

He looked down to examine his blaster, and then noticed the dead body at his feet. He looked over and saw the same expression of shock mixed with confusion splayed out on Takanuva’s Avohkii.

The crowd of Matoran and Agori started to gather around the dead body, and the two Toa were smack in the center.

“No … no … this isn’t good,” Jaller whispered.

“Not good at all,” Takanuva responded.

The crowd took one good look at the dead body, and noticed the missing rocket in Jaller’s blaster.

“It wasn’t me! I swear!” Jaller screamed, backing off.

“Listen, we’re innocent,” Takanuva said flatly, staff pointed at the crowd of Matoran and Agori. A ball of energy was building itself up at the head of the staff. “I don’t want to use force on you, but if you attack us we will be forced to respond in kind. Turn back now, while you can,” he addressed the crowd.

The crowd started to scream angrily, and threatened to advance toward the Toa.

Jaller bent down and picked up the ID card that was on the Ta-Matoran’s body. It read:

Nuhrii, chief Councilman, Opposition Party of New Atero.

Chapter 3

Turaga Dume made his way through the crowd of Matoran and Agori, who were all swarming him with questions about what just happened.

“The chief Councilman of the city-state has been assassinated in broad daylight! What is the meaning of this?” one Water Tribe Agori asked him.

“Who could have done it?” a Le-Matoran in the crowd yelled.

Dume looked beyond the crowd and saw a squadron of RCF drones keeping watch for unusual or violent activity, photon ray blasters and AK-47s at the ready.

“How are you going to deal with this incident politically?” a Ko-Matoran journalist asked him.

“STOP! Stop swarming me!” Turaga Dume yelled, frustrated. “I assure you, we will bring the killers to justice! They will not get away with this! Everyone has a right to live! … “ he trailed off.

Dume continued to push his way through the crowd, with the crowd making way, believing he was off on an important mission.

“ … or do they?” he finished his sentence, a wicked grin on his Kanohi Kiril.

C&C is appreciated!

1 Like

You’re definitely gonna want to condense these into a single topic, or get a mod to do it for you.

1 Like

Yeah, I was going to do that but eventually I figured that I would exhaust the topic character limit soon enough so that’s why I decided to make them separate topics

you can just make the new chapters in new posts underneath the first topic. Double posting is allowed in this kind of situation.

1 Like

Alright then

@Mod_Squad someone please close this topic