BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the order of the contests get voted on?

4 Likes

@Winger @Timeline15
BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions - #798 by Eljay

This is the quote ye seek.

4 Likes

I have a question (I think it already was answered, but couldn’t find it even with search :man_shrugging:): does art need background? Like does character need to stand on something? Or just white would be ok? Thank you much!

1 Like

I have a few questions for 3D art entries. A bit last minute to be asking, perhaps, but hopefully not too late.

Just want to make sure I’m correct on the interpretation here: we cannot simply use Stud.io’s render feature, I’d imagine, but is it okay to build the base model in Stud.io, export it to Blender, and then within Blender design the mask, model any pieces missing in Stud.io, etc. and 3D-model an environment? Or is it expected that the whole creation is modeled from scratch? I wasn’t planning to take a whole lot of liberties with the geometry for most of the existing pieces, aside from adding dents and scratches and the like, given that Ghost’s style is one of my favourites for BIONICLE media, and I was hoping to emulate something similar.

Additionally, I’d assume that, for the environment, use of public domain textures, e.g. rock textures, would be acceptable?

Finally, for the mask’s connection, is it expected that we match the connection style used by the mask in the winning MOC? E.g. since the winning Helryx MOC used a 2001 Pakari, our 3D mask model also needs to use the 2001-style connections?

1 Like

No, you need to actively be creating something here. Adding your interpretation of this character. What you’re suggesting is just switching the mask and posing the MOC. That’s not the goal here.

It is not expected. That is up to you.

5 Likes

this is a discussion channel; submissions should be made as a topic and then linked here.

OK! My bad. Thanks, Hawkflight.

1 Like

Is there an estimate date for the end of the artwork contest?

2 Likes

Haven’t gotten a reply in the voting topic itself, so I’m reposting this question here:

Under this system - do I have to vote in every poll? Or, as long as the polls that I do vote in, I place three votes for, I’m ok?

1 Like

I mean, we’d like you to contribute to the entire thing. It feels like a disservice to the entrants to just… not vote in all. But we can’t stop you.

4 Likes

I get what your saying - it’s not for lack of effort. It’s just that in some of them I’m pretty indifferent to most of the entrants - they’re all of an equal quality.

But I’ll have another look over them and see if any stand out, I suppose.

1 Like

Good Morning Eljay,

The Second Toa Helryx Art Contest Poll Vote, Please?

From,
Nathan

2 Likes

Nathan,

We’re working with a new voting system. Properly determining which entries move forward will take us at least a day. Please be patient.

Thank you,

Eljay

5 Likes

Then, Artakha MOC Contest Next Week?

1 Like

The order of the contests is voted upon, I believe.

6 Likes

The Second Toa Helryx Art Contest Poll Vote Now?

4 Likes

No. Be patient, and please do not ask again.

11 Likes

The First Toa Helryx Art Contest Poll Began From July 26 to 28, 2020.

2 Likes

Yes, it did.

9 Likes

The guy legit speaks like an AI

14 Likes