BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I love that MOC! :+1:

(That being said, even then, this MOC might be too greebleed/unique from the Hagah builds to have a united visual aesthetic with Norik and Iruni’s team. (I’m not saying variation isn’t doable, but since the Hagah are meant to be borderline clone sets, we should take care that neither the two members we’ve already gotten in set form nor any of the members who get an appearance at the end of this contest look like the odd man out.) Maybe use the custom chest armor from this MOC and custom shoulder armor that requires less arm customization than these Ultimate Dume Masks, and use some Piraka shins, and maybe Vahki hips, but keep everything else looking the same as Norik/Iruni.:+1:

iS thAT A ChALLENGE?!

hhhhECK I’m going to do it now.

1 Like

depends on if it’s fair to both players.

By that logic, this is a Metru build.

This isn’t a Metru build. It’s a ccbs build with a Metru torso.

3 Likes

That’s brainlet tier. It’s almost as if they’re not mutually exclusive. You can argue that the CCBS doesn’t belong in G1, but saying that it isn’t a metru build solely there’s too many CCBS pieces surrounding the torso isn’t a good take.

“Yeah you used the metru torso but there’s too many ccbs parts so it’s not actually a metru build”

4 Likes

Yes. That is a Metru build. Not a good Metru build, but a Metru build nonetheless.

You can get into the semantics of whether or not it’s a “G1 build”, but it is a Metru build. It has the proportions and silhouette of a Metru-build Toa.

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what I meant. When a person builds a MOC that uses Metru torso, they usually do it with all the other corresponding parts. Like this:

2 Likes

At this point I think the Hagah should have their own discussion topic

7 Likes

I see.

7 Likes

Does the gear function still work?

no, I removed it on purpose, but I think I could finagle it. I’ll get back to you on this one.

1 Like

Also, does it really matter for the purposes of the Hagah contests? Do they need gear functions?

I am hoping that the entries take advantage of 15 years of R&D that allow us to put the shoulders on balljoints.

3 Likes

I dare you to enter this as Kualus.

It’s still a little high for my tastes, too. It should be one peg lower.

Does anyone care?
It is better without it anyways.

1 Like

Amen to all of this. :clap: :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Put this next to literally any of the nine Metru build sets we have and tell me it’s the same build.
Build== torso build.

2 Likes

I will look you in the eyes and tell you that they are both Metru builds.

It’s a very versatile build.

The styles are wildly different, but they are all Metru builds.

1 Like

I was referring to @Racie02’s CCBS/Metru guy.

Well, I think we aren’t even talking about Hagah anymore, we are talking about some of Bionicle building systems. We are way off topic right now :laughing:

2 Likes

pffffft my bad

2 Likes