BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I have asked this a couple places so please forgive me if I got an answer that I didn’t see but I was wondering what defines a toa hagah shield?

Meso and I may discuss this further, however this is a Hagah Shield. That being said, I believe we’ve already said that so long as the MOC has a shield of any kind, and the final artwork uses the specific Hagah Shield piece, it’s all good for entry.

We are able to contact him via email, which is where we will send the winning entry.

It’s up there. No time frame for when they get added to the list, it’s whenever I am able. Best of luck!

You aren’t, however you are the only one to offer something substantive that we can mull over.

We’ve held off on talking about voting since a lot of it hinges on how many entries we get. I can confirm a couple of things, however:

1. There will be brackets, so several polls containing several entries that eventually whittle down to one.
  2. You will be able to vote for multiple entries at once. The system can not recognize preference, so this is the best we can do.

I hope that helps ease some concerns.

8 Likes

So for the second part of the applicable contests where the mask is chosen, how do you feel about masks built from LEGO pieces? Personally I believe it should be an acceptable art form.

1 Like

That would be fine, except that mask submissions will need to be submitted alongside artwork of the character wearing it. So unless the MOCist is willing to submit artwork of the winning MOC wearing their design, then it wouldn’t be viable for entry.

2 Likes

If there’s gonna be a second list, I cross my fingers that Turaga Jovan is considered :slight_smile: I always wondered what a Turaga living in the harsh surroundings of Voya Nui would look like, and maybe it would be fun to have a building contest for a smaller character (for the first time, to my knowledge :smiley: )

4 Likes

There will certainly be a second list, however we are not considering Turaga Jovan.

Also, as a reminder to everyone: If you are entering the Toa Helryx contest, you must post a link to your topic right here. If you don’t, we will not be counting your entry and it will not appear in the polls.

Quick question: is it ok to post our contest entries to our personal blogs/galleries while the contest is still ongoing?

Absolutely.

I don’t think I’ve seen this asked: is Toa Dume up for consideration? If nothing else, I’m sure there are some encyclopedists who want it established what a Great Kiril looks like.

Pursuant to that, is it out of the realm of possibility to hold a depiction contest for the actual shape of the Great (and maybe Noble, but I doubt folk care about that as much) Pehkui?

1 Like

Hello, um, I was looking at the pictures I uploaded about a week ago, and they are a bit obscure, is it ok if I add some more with more light in my topic?

Regarding wear & tear:

I have chrome elements that, through regular use, have lost the metallic coating and become nigh-transparent. Would it e against the spirit of the contest rules to use these elements primarily because of their transparent color?

Any photos you wanted to enter should have been entered when you made the topic.

I would advise against using those if possible.

1 Like

If a second list is in the cards, any chance Toa Dume will make it?

2 Likes

I believe we considered him at one point, however I don’t believe he is in consideration now. We haven’t talked about it in a while.

1 Like

Question, I know it’s probably too late but if someone says I can use their 3D printed parts for my MOCs for the contest but they’re not one of the listed 3D modelers in the rules, would I not be able to use them? (I just noticed the June 1st update) (also this is for the Hagah not Helryx)

I know this really lame but I caught a stomach virus over the weekend and I every technical difficulty today, and was wondering if I could upload my Helryx images, I had clicked reply right when the topic closed.

2 Likes

I saw you attempting to post, so if you make the topic before 12:30 EDT, we’ll make an exception and allow it.

3 Likes

Where is the new post button under lego creations, or do I add the images under the original topic?

1 Like

It’s the light blue button in the bottom right corner. There should be a plus there, but the boards are slightly broken atm

2 Likes

I see lol