BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I think you misunderstand the point of my post. People have been arguing whether the Metru torso piece should be mandated or not. “I don’t like it” is not a valid reason to disqualify it.

Right, that’s your opinion. If you don’t wanna vote for it, don’t. My point wasn’t if it looks good, it was that it should be allowed to enter.

1 Like

So why are you attempting to argue with me then? Are you trying to argue my opinion or convince me that it should be allowed. Because I already said I think should be allowed. So if that’s the case you’re just being redundant.

Why are you saying you wouldn’t vote for it when whether you would or wouldn’t is irrelevant? I don’t care if you think my build is a “chunk piece of mashed bits,” only that you wouldn’t be for disqualifying it. The fact you stated your opinion of the quality of my build rather than my actual point makes me think you misunderstood, hence my repeated clarifications.

2 Likes

Because I don’t like it. Is that hard to understand? Let it be allowed, I won’t vote for it. My reasoning is super simple here.

3 Likes

No offense intended, but I don’t think he cares too much.

3 Likes

Thats fine, I wasn’t trying to provoke offense either. My opinion is shared. I’m not saying it to try and hurt anyone’s feelings. I’m saying it as a fair warning that if you want the moc to stand a chance, a lot of other voters like me won’t consider it. If it helps I’ll say this, I don’t like it contextually. I don’t think its a terrible design or build, but under the circumstances for the contest, I absolutely don’t like it. I want cohesion with Iruini and Norik. It doesn’t provide it.

1 Like

So do I, which is why I said in my initial post that if there is no art contest, I would be for only allowing the far left build in my first image, but I don’t want that out of a MOC contest. That’s why I gave the suggestion of doing both MOC and art, as we have been already, and the art can redraw the torso design as a regular Metru torso. It allows for creative builds that people can freely vote if they think its well built, while also maintaining cohesion with Iruini and Norik in the art.

1 Like

Again, you’re talking about your own personal opinion.

Anyways, I think we can just drop this here - both parties agree that custom torsos should be allowed, end of discussion. It doesn’t matter whether or not they actually like that building style.

1 Like

Yes exactly… we’re ALL stating our opinions, and I’m not trying to stop anything. I really don’t even understand why this point of conversation persisted.

Gonna change subject again back to colors.
What colors do you see in your mind for the team’s metallics? I see
Kualus-Silver
Pouks-Silver
Bomonga-Flat Gold
Gaaki-Flat Gold
I know the discussion with Gaaki is it’ll be too similar to Psionics, but imo the pearl gold is more in line for Psionics than the flat gold.

I’m also not opposed to gun metal on some of them, although it could be difficult

1 Like

#pinkpouks2021

But seriously, I do want each Toa to have a unique metallic colour, as difficult as that may be to coordinate.

Pouks - pink
Gaaki - orange
Kualus - green
Bomonga - blue

I’m not set on Kulaus and Bomonga, and maybe one of them could have red?

I think the biggest issue with that desire is that its gonna have to be painted… and that sounds really difficult to get the way you envision it

I fully agree. You just asked what I saw, not what I thought was realistic.

In a more conventional (and purist) stratosphere, I still think it’s possible for each Toa to have a unique colour. Gunmetal and pearl gold are very much available, and quite a few sets came with that metallic blue.

As for the last colour, maybe… metallic green? That would take some creativity, but I think it could be done, between the technic panels and the krana.

Masks would still have to be painted, but that’s not that bad, especially if they are 3d printed.

1 Like

For me, Bomonga is dark gold, the rest are silver.

I know, it’s not very balanced, but that’s just how it ended up working with my MOCs. My eye colors are currently just following the Toa Metru trend, but that part is subject to change.

EDIT: What about torso armor? Are people giving a unique piece for every build?

1 Like

I’m going to try to, but I don’t mind mirrored repeats of chest armor/shoulders. Like a silver gahlok kal shield, gold nuva shoulders, silver metru shoulders, etc.

I want to stay simple but also have to add a small level of complexity to make them look more unique.

2 Likes

Same. I don’t want to make mine look like clones of the two official sets, and there’s certainly a few things I think would benefit from some improvement. For instance, lack of shoulder articulation and the very thin waist. The trick is to address these in a way that doesn’t stand out too much from the original two.

I’m not worried about that. I had stated above, but the community is already familiar with adding that to regular metru builds. I think just letting it look like Norik and Iruini is enough, because the option to modify if desired is still open to people. But thats just how I see it. :man_shrugging:t3:

Personally I would see it as a waste of potential building skills, limiting it to follow those two sets doesn’t really let you do anything interesting build-wise, which is I think most of the fun in competitions like these.

But, to each their own I suppose.

Its really so common and easy by this point is it actually doing something special either way? Personally to me it shows no higher level of skill to make the shoulders articulate. Its just a visual preference that makes it look more cohesive to me at this point. And if you want, it can be changed amongst the personal collection.

There are six more Toa getting contests that you can go wild with, the Hagah are the only ones that should be limited to fitting in with their set teammates. If someone wants to do something wild, custom, or out there with their Toa builds, they can wait until after the Hagah imo.

7 Likes

Oh, I’m not doing the standard way to add shoulder articulation I’ve seen, I think my way looks a bit nicer than that, but you can be the judge of that yourself once the competition starts.

Oh, I’m not proposing I should “go wild”, mine still look fairly similar to the original two sets, just, fleshed out a little more I think. And a filled in waist.

2 Likes