BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Hello, um, I was looking at the pictures I uploaded about a week ago, and they are a bit obscure, is it ok if I add some more with more light in my topic?

Regarding wear & tear:

I have chrome elements that, through regular use, have lost the metallic coating and become nigh-transparent. Would it e against the spirit of the contest rules to use these elements primarily because of their transparent color?

Any photos you wanted to enter should have been entered when you made the topic.

I would advise against using those if possible.

1 Like

If a second list is in the cards, any chance Toa Dume will make it?

2 Likes

I believe we considered him at one point, however I don’t believe he is in consideration now. We haven’t talked about it in a while.

1 Like

Question, I know it’s probably too late but if someone says I can use their 3D printed parts for my MOCs for the contest but they’re not one of the listed 3D modelers in the rules, would I not be able to use them? (I just noticed the June 1st update) (also this is for the Hagah not Helryx)

I know this really lame but I caught a stomach virus over the weekend and I every technical difficulty today, and was wondering if I could upload my Helryx images, I had clicked reply right when the topic closed.

2 Likes

I saw you attempting to post, so if you make the topic before 12:30 EDT, we’ll make an exception and allow it.

3 Likes

Where is the new post button under lego creations, or do I add the images under the original topic?

1 Like

It’s the light blue button in the bottom right corner. There should be a plus there, but the boards are slightly broken atm

2 Likes

I see lol

You still need the three breakdown pics. Once you’ve done that, you’re good to go

1 Like

Here’s the topic link. I added breakdown images

1 Like

@Eljay

I don’t recall if this was ever asked prior, but will there be a separate thread posted for the art/mask contest after the MOC voting finishes?

If so, will any further rules/clarifications specific to the art submissions be detailed in that topic?

I’m not as much of a MOCist as I used to be, but I will definitely be entering the art contest.

Thanks!

1 Like

There will be a separate topic for the art contest. And we will post the rules specific to the art contest then.

6 Likes

Sorry, if already asked: for the second part of a contest, can an artwork be black&white? Or it must be painted?

1 Like

The artwork will need to be in full color, not just black and white.

1 Like

With regards to stud.io issues:
Some official Bionicle parts are missing from stud.io, but some 3D modelers managed to replicate and port them to stud.io.

Will we need to link these parts too(do they count as custom too?) or does this only apply to pieces that don’t exist in any sets(actual custom pieces)?

e.g.
I wanna use a Metru torso for future contests but the modeler/replicater of the piece might not permit such files going public in raw studio model form(unless by way of integration in MOC pics) by then. Will I have to link pieces like this too? Or since it’s a piece that actually exists, you’ll let it slide?

@Eljay

1 Like

The Stud.io file has to be accessible and the creation inside must be the same as it is being presented. So while custom models of actual pieces don’t count as custom pieces, if the modeler doesn’t have them public and as such they are missing in the file, then it doesn’t qualify for entry.

2 Likes

Dear TTV,

I have looked at the poll topics for the Helryx contest entries and seen a statement that each user is allowed two votes. Is this two votes in each poll topic or two votes in total for all entry topics?
I look forward to hearing from you and thank you in anticipation!

1 Like