BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Virtually anyone except the Hagah tbh. These characters were never specified to wear uniforms so they’re fair game.’

Even 1 Inika build is too much.

1 Like

I will die on a hill to defend the Inika build.

7 Likes

I could definitely Marendar as a (largely) modified Inika build. But i don’t want Nidhiki or Lariska as Inika builds. They should be more sleek to match their asassin/athlete type of roles.

The Inika build is good imo. But it could be better. It would work for one or two more characters but maybe not Toa. The Inika were (technically) the first that had the Inika build.

2 Likes

Keksalot will kill you on a hill to destroy the Inika build.

6 Likes

Pickett’s Charge Flashbacks.

This I agree with. Lariska should have a unique build like the 2004-2005 titans.

7 Likes

I will kill him on a hill, I will kill him with a drill! I will kill him out in France, I will kill him with no pants! I will kill him on a boat, I will kill him with a goat! I will kill him here or there, I will kill him anywhere! I will kill him, Sam-I-Am! I will kill for eggs and ham!

8 Likes

Ditto on this, since they were introduced post-2009 and are on a team with Gelu I think from a set design perspective it would make sense for them to have an Inika/Piraka base.

Of course there’s so much room for interpretation with that group I’m sure we’ll see some very cool custom torsos that fit perfectly fine. I almost see Orde with a Krakua-like sleek technic aesthetic

7 Likes

Preach. It was CCBS 1.0 (not my words, but very accurate words nonetheless). Although, shouldn’t it really be called the Piraka build? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It might be interesting to see Varian with an Inika build, to contrast her with Norik, seeing as they originated from different teams.

I think as well it’d be neat to get three generations of Toa on a single team with the YQ crew: Orde being a Mata/Helryx/Krakua-esque build, Zaria being an Inika build, and Chiara being a Metru build. I do have some rationale behind this, but the only one worth mentioning is Orde’s: with him being one of the first Toa, he would presumably share a similar build to Helryx and the Mata (the latter of whom Krakua feels like an upscaled version of, maybe with some Metru thrown in).

I’d also love to see more use of the Kongu Mahri/Pohatu Phantoka chest piece. It’s not a piece I’ve seen used much at all. (Violently winks and nudges at own WIP Tuyet).

7 Likes

If it uses the piraka torso it is. If its the torso the Inika used it is the Inika build.

1 Like

Cue “But what REALLY is an Inika/Piraka build and can one be custom made” 10,000+ posts argument

8 Likes

If we define an Inika build as using an Inika torso, then we have to concede that Gadunka is an Inika build. I, myself find this argument quite preposterous. I think that the correct definition of an Inika build should include custom torsos, such as G2 Tahu. He has the same shoulder width as an Inika torso, probably.

perfection

No please don’t do that. I don’t want another one of these discussions.

But I would consider anything that uses the inika torso as the torso an inika build. aswell as the metru waist (mostly) A makuta torso= makuta inika build
piraka torso= piraka build
especially because the Inika build wont be a requirement it doesnt really matter what the rest looks like for these contests.

2 Likes

Why complicate things, an inika build is the torso and whatever waist piece and armor pieces you are using. However no contest will ever limit you to the inika build so if you want to do a custom build instead do so. Since non of the characters that has had contest announced have been canonically proven to be inika builds. Which would make this debate quite redundant, which in turn makes this agument I just wrote redundant as well

3 Likes

So guys how’s it-

oh.

Eeh… A unique build, absolutely, but not like the 2004-05 titans IMO. This is the one character that might benefit the most from a WholesomeGadunka build in being atypical and elaborate with less of the clunky titan build feel. I understand the titans are nostalgic for most (including myself), but I’ve got Krekka and Sidorak assembled currently, and…

Eeh.

I expect this to be an unpopular opinion, but maybe for a (maybe) completely new species, deviation from the status quo is the way to go.

I’m gonna be honest champ
gonna be real honest with ya sonny
really gonna butter it fine buddy o pal o chum o friendo
I don’t know what I’m saying

Inika Build… Kinda sucks.

Cronk does not want to pass away, Cronk will not perish on this day! Cronk will not drink a hemlock tea, Cronk will not perish in the sea! Cronk will not perish with a whine, Cronk will not die in Liechtenstein! Cronk will not perish on french ground, Cronk will not lose his Orlebar Brown! Cronk will not perish, Mr. Kek! Cronk does not want to lose his neck!

…oh wait he unironically likes the inika build alright go ahead

inhales

OKAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WHAT QUALIFIES AS AN INIKA BUILD?

this is sarcasm please mods stop trying to kick my door in how did you get this address help venmo me $3,401.46 so I can purchase an amazon stock and become friends with jeff bezos and finally be safe from their vengeful glares please help I beg of you also inika build sucks

9 Likes

Tbf I’d like to see a Lariska that takes inspirations and cues from all previous dh and 04/05 titans and combos.

I think you could get something cool out of that.
Tbh though I might be fine with whatever as long as its as far away from a systemonicle as possible

uh… it has bionicle pieces in it.

2 Likes

Tuyet should not look evil. (and I would prefer Metru builds for most if not all the Toa)

Lariska should be different from designs we have seen before. And definetly NOT a Vortixx. (It should be a rule that Lariska can’t be a Vortixx)
Inspirations from the already conon DH designs sounds good.

Orde should be similar to BCs version. (atleast the mask) But I would think its ok if Orde just ends up as an updated Helryx build. (more bulky, gold parts, no Hunchback, not so frail)

Zaria should just look cool I guess.

Chiara could be a sleek build (same for Nidhiki and Lariska) for a more lightning like look. (lightning bolts look thin) and to work better for the sneaking around. (which is the ability of her mask) ( also Please use KhingKs Volitak, that looks one looks cool, maybe Galvas mask its kinda cool but looks to different from nuparus)

Nidhiki MUST NOT be silver. Use the winning Chiara Mask.

Varian maybe make the Mask and some highlight parts a lighter Blue than the rest. I would like tha arm blades to have some kind of dual weapon functionality like the nuva or Metru.

Gsb should mainly be gold. That’s it.

Marendar should not Look evil. Its supposed to “free” the Agori of the MU “supressors”. Also make it stable.

If any future contests will ever come and Dume is one of them. Please don’t give him the set kiril.

4 Likes

what if I just make a nidhiki that is green but uses the silver volitak as a placeholder

3 Likes

Thats no problem. but not if its a part that has to stay silver

1 Like