BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

If Botar’s Replacement isn’t on there, we riot.

12 Likes

How do we vote? I keep seeing links for the polls but they all say they don’t exist or are private.

1 Like

@Eljay

Out of curiosity, I’m wondering why none of my entries made it to the polls.

As far as I’m aware, I could have sworn I followed all of the rules and no one informed me if my entries were disqualified.

At this point, I don’t think my entries would have had a chance just from looking at a lot of the ones currently in the running, but I at least would have liked to have had a chance to be in the running. If not, then I at least deserve to know why mine did not qualify.

I doubt anyone is going to answer me or do anything, but nevertheless, this is still very upsetting and disappointing. Admittedly, they are kind of bad, but like I said, I would have still liked to have had a fair chance.

2 Likes

By the new post info box above your comment, it would appear that you are new here, no? In order to vote, you need to reach the level of Villager. To do so, you need to visit a certain number of posts and spend some time. I can’t remember exact numbers, but the Trust Levels topic goes into more details about this ranking system. Have fun exploring the site.

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

As far as it looks in the Honor Guard: Entry List topic, it appears as though you did not post your entries to it- which was the prerequisite action to be declared as ‘submitted’.

4 Likes

Cantri is correct.

Slight clarification, we said we’re still open to it, but it has not been guaranteed. We’re probably gonna do it, I just wanna be specific about the wording here.

4 Likes

Know what? Whatever. It’s fine. Like I said, mine weren’t very good anyway so I probably would’ve lost in the first round, knowing my luck. A lot of the ones on here are a lot better, so no big loss there.

One thing I will say is in the future, perhaps make this a little more clear. While I remember an entry topic for the Helryx contest, I could not find one for this contest, so I most likely wound up forgetting about it. It’s not you all, it’s on me for having so much trouble understanding how the message boards work since it’s so confusing to me. That’s all I will say.

1 Like

This is in the rules for the contests. The link goes directly to the appropriate topic.

I’m not sure how much clearer you want that to be. You failed to properly enter your MOCs. I don’t know what else to tell you.

2 Likes

Perhaps the order of the contests could be altered? (although, if Tuyet was moved behind Lariska, then I guess we’d have a lot of toa in a row…)

A lot of people have been saying who they voted for in the poll topics, and I’ve noticed that there seems to be little consensus. Everyone seems to like different entries, so I expect that whichever entries win will win by a small margin

2 Likes

So, I’m curious to see what other people think here, but I feel like the polls for the Hagah contest in particular need to be smaller (by that I mean not having 20 entries per poll). Often, I find myself finding a top 3 in the first few and then just looking for a standout among the rest – which isn’t likely when 97% of the entries are so similar. I think the results of such huge polls will be less accurate, though I’m curious if anyone else agrees.

3 Likes

Honestly, I have to disagree. I found it really difficult to scrape out votes for something I could honestly say “I want this to be canon over the others”. I mean, excepting art and a couple major standouts, I skipped quite a few polls entirely.

5 Likes

…then this might benefit the people who actually do vote.

No offence, but if so many of the entries are so similar to you that you don’t have any preference, then smaller polls won’t make a difference; you’ll still vote for the few you like. This might benefit people who care about a lot of details when it comes to the Hagah.

Basically, such a thing would probably not impact you, and might benefit others (or it might not, I dunno)

2 Likes

As I said way earlier, I only plan to vote in the final poll. The Hagah are way too similar for me to pick one from the other.

I just finished voting and I have to said it was really tedious because of the large number of entries, so I take off my hat to the TTV Staff for order this. Sorry for the +700 messages in the topic, but hey, you made us wait for the contests.

I have to said, I didn’t end up voting for many entries that I would said were my favorites from the poll, because the no future alteration permission granted. I prefer to have a good team coehision rather than really cool individuals.

I got tired a little voting, but having more polls would have been even worse, so I think it was a good desicion. I agree that many entries are so similar that the only that stand out in most cases are the ones with new and differents design (that personally I find a bad thing because they won’t look like Norik or Iruini), or the ones with a better photo or render.

Despite this I still think than the “best” entries will past to the next round (having maybe less votes if everyone take all the time in the world to analyze each entry). At the end, this first vote works like a a big filter so the real contenders of the contests.

5 Likes

I’ll let life know not to make us do that again next time.

11 Likes

It’s not like I’m utterly averse to that.

2 Likes

You want to have your own life and tend to your well-being and obligations? The audacity

6 Likes

I’m definitely one of those people, but only significantly after this first round goes by. After I got into a rhythm, it was a sort of “spray and pray” approach to how I voted. I still definitely kept in mind team consistency and the permissions allowed on the entries, but there came a certain point where I knew that there would only be so much my vote would be worth solely by sheer volume of entries. It won’t be until the later polls where stuff like consistency really comes into play (and of which, I guess I have a much stricter definition of, if the other entries are anything to go by).

I will be very curious to see the results of the first round and how the votes shook out, if there were any clear favorites, or if there was a much more wider spread of votes compared to previous contests.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen, some groups have clear favourites, while some polls are very mixed.

1 Like