BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

everything you feel about people whoa are “anti-creativity” is the same thing people feel about “anti-metru”. Trying to gatekeep allowing metru torsos in a contest that doesn’t require them is just as bad as if people started saying they were required.

3 Likes

?..

I don’t quite understand why you’re saying that

Ok, let me break down my reasoning:

Quote 1:
Q: 3. Toa Nidhiki is green and silver, correct?
A: No, he’s just green. He’s a Toa of Air. Toa Iruini is green and silver.

Greg answer here can be read as “He’s solely green because he’s a Toa of Air”
Which would not quite line up, as we have seen another Toa of Air using silver: Kongu Inika. (The other two Le-Toa with metallic colours (Lewa Nuva and Iruini) admittedly have extra armor.)

Quote 2:
Q: You also said Nidhiki was all-green, and not Silver/Green. Wouldn’t the latter be more logical, seeing as Lhikan is Gold/Red?
A: Nope. Because Nidhiki didn’t come from the same place Lhikan did, so no reason he would need to be dual-colored like Lhikan. After all, neither Matau nor Lewa is dual-colored, so why would any other Toa of Air be?

First, look at Greg’s choice of words here: “no reason he would need to be dual-colored like Lhikan”.
Secondly, again we have Kongu Inika as an example of a dual coloured Toa of Air. And Lewa Phantoka as well.

Keep in mind, Greg gave these answers in 2005, so before Kongu Inika was a thing. We thus have a case here where new canon material contradicts previous reasonings behind Greganswers.

3 Likes

Your postulated reasoning, you mean.

It seems pretty self-explanitory.

You reasoning is based off of your interpretation and reading between the lines. But those answers don’t seem to be one of the multitudes that are so vague.

7 Likes

I feel like this discussion has been had previously, but I’ll just say how I’d respond to that.

It doesn’t matter what his reasoning is, he still said Nidhiki isn’t silver.

Kongu was sort of a “non-standard” Toa in that he wasn’t created normally, the Red Star popped him into being one. Lewa Phantoka is wearing armor.

Basically, even if his reasoning is flawed, he still said it and it’s still canonically correct. (Of course, this means stupid crap like the Shadowed One is a mammal because he breathes air. But, if we want to be completely canon-adherent, we can’t pick and choose which Greg quotes are correct. Nidhiki is not silver.)

3 Likes

I’ve heard (and Greg has stated many times) that the way BIONICLE sets and characters are created is that the design team creates the actual toys first, and then Greg somehow adds the story and characterization to them.

And the fact that Kongu Inika has silver has nothing to do with the fact that Greg explicitly said “No, Nidhiki hadn’t silver”.
In addition, Kongu Inika is a special shape-shifting being, while Nidhiki is a normal Toa.

For me personally, the silver and green Nidhiki are very good too.
But I would like to support the Full green Nidhiki because I want to respect Greg’s statement as much as possible.

6 Likes

Both of them don’t have their natural armor/weren’t transformed through natural means AND the quotes were made before the two were sets. (Pre ‘06)

1 Like

Uh, what?

1 Like

Oh sorry - I am japanese. my English will sometimes broken.

“Kongu Inika is a special transformed being”

this is correct! :rofl:

ADD: I couldn’t escape. Please let it be your laugh. :cry: :rofl:

15 Likes

I feel like the fact that Kongu Inika didn’t exist at the time only strengthens Greg’s answer; if there was a Toa of Air with silver when Greg said “no silver, he’s a Toa of Air”, then we could write it off as a forgetcon. But the fact that his answer didn’t contradict anything at the time makes me think we can’t just ignore it.

(Although this answer did come in the same statement in which he said Iruini is silver…)

I think you’re right that this one’s inconclusive; Greg definitely seems to only be refuting the assumption that Nidhiki’s colour scheme is related to Lhikan’s.

Okay let me put this into perspective. Why would a man whose ability is to camouflage with his surroundings wear contrasting colors like a shiny and reflective material?

2 Likes

Because it’s toys for kids. Why did Nuparu do it?

EDIT: granted, he was nearly-completely black, including the red pins, but he does have reflective bits.

1 Like

I don’t think Toa can choose their natural colours.

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry. I am a supporter of silverless Nidhiki, but I think there is a reason for this.
His Volitak probably has less to do with his body as a Toa, because it’a mask that has worn by him when since he was a Matoran.
(Of course, it could explain why he didn’t wear silver to avoid detection.)

I partially agree with this.(for Hagah’s armor are clearly added piece)
One of the abilities that the Toa of Light has exclusive use of is the ability to “change the color of the body” (technically, it’s processing light), and If the other Element Toa are also capable of this, I think it would be mentioned as such.

Although there are examples of Mata Nui’s Matorans changing color partially as a result of rebuild (e.g. Kopeke).
It’s hard to imagine them actively changing their own color like a chameleon.
(Karzahni is unique and special being, so I don’t know how it is)

3 Likes

I mean, they can just paint it. Or change armor. For instance, I doubt Lhikan had gold armor as a Matoran. It was probably something he received/earned/gained after various hijinks and shenanigans and stuff.

I don’t know if he had gold armor when he was a Matoran, but Greg said that at least the gold armor of the Toa Lhikan is natural and not like the Hagahs.
(I think Matoran Lhikan was the same color as Jaller, and when it became Toa, the yellow became metallic, thus Yellow metallic = gold.)

About painting, yes, we’ve already saw a example : Metru Matoran’s kanohi.

If he has the ability to camouflage why would he care about the color of his armor?

Unfortunately,

Well, Lesovikk has silver.

Even though he was born fairly early in universe.

I don’t think that’s the result of the mutation.

2552d4a21fd19e544ca3abacba4f095b5b609ad595b87905f712e6cfba764b19d9c05cbf83bfe938d79942c670e52d53d29528805869ffb43f59459a3a1b669467df89b7f8672dab6bbe212249125e1503fc5b3f2496e6230577cdda67bf49495760a3eaa00f5816fb27eefd9c8ba8ad

2 Likes
  1. Kongu is a Air Toa with lightning powers and an organic mask. Why should we assume his colors are normal?
  2. Whether silver can be standard armour for a Toa of air is irrelevant. Greg’s words are quite clear: Nidhiki is not green/silver. The colors of any other air Toa don’t change that. Lego could have made a pink and yellow air Toa, and Nidhiki would still be “just green”.
12 Likes