BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

about Tuyet Contest,

I looked up Greg Discussion archives about Tuyet.
Eventually, her weapon was only seen in dark mirror.

But I found this.

nui stone and nui stone shards embedded in her armor cannot coexist.

I’d prefer a natural balance, be 3-3 or 2-2-2, which seem the two likely outcomes at this point. And honestly, I don’t expect most of the art to willy-nilly change colors except to reach a “natural balance,” however that is defined once the MOC part is finished.

Actually, a question about the Hagah art portion: will it be starting as soon as the voting for the MOCs ends, or will there be a brief intermission for 810NICLE Day?

I have heard that “Eljay Says the F-Word” may be connected to the Hagah results, but it’s unlikely to me. That’s probably something different. I think the results will be announced either just before or just after 810.

On the topic of colour schemes,

I don’t think that this is a good idea.
This might be a hot take, but monochrome colour schemes are ugly and it’s impossible to make one look good. Like, you gotta use at least one additional colour unless you want the character to look bland and boring.

Moreover, a character with such colour scheme would stand out too much, because there are no other monochrome beings in the Bionicle universe… well, besides Tren Krom, because he’s a big piece of meat… and probably jerbraz, because he’s invisible and doesn’t have any colours.

As for me, I’ve always imagined Tuyet as being metru blue and gunmetal (or black), with magenta or pink eyes and heartlight.

Staying on the topic of Tuyet, people have been talking about tuyet’s sword recently, so I’ve come up with a sword design for my potential contest entry:

I might flesh it out more if I actually get to building Tuyet herself

16 Likes

if i had that back blade i would totally steal that deign

Hey, that’s subjective. I think it can be executed well. Like, check out Firedracax. Or, shameless plug, my weird grey Toa.

3 Likes

I agree that a monotone color scheme isn’t necessarily bad, but Firedracax has two different colors on em

1 Like

Okay, he’s mostly Mata red. It’s a pretty negligible amount of Metru red.

Its just about half and half.
Either way thats not what monotone means?

:man_shrugging: if you insist

I forgot who said they wanted to see a metallic and metru blue tuyet (or if someone asked) but here’s a recolor to see how it looks.

1 Like

And others.

13 Likes

they all have grey heads.

1 Like

I’ve been biased against artwork for the building/artwork phase because I find them more abstract and would rather see the final artwork based on something that is visualized with standard pieces. This image here is giving me great reconsideration, but then the argument could be made that the entry should have used physical models in the first place (though this contest has shown my tastes to be contrary to what the majority of people want).

2 Likes

Well, it’s kinda monochrome and that’s the reason why I think that this model doesn’t look that good.

Your MOC works so well because it’s actually not monochrome, there are quite a lot of glowing red accents that make it pleasing to the eye.

Okay, there are indeed some monochrome Matoran with no story significance, but I think that my point still stands

3 Likes

Careful of what you say about my boy Kapura.

14 Likes

Kapura most definitely had story significance.

So does my Tuyet

5 Likes

Okay, you win, there is one single monochrome Bionicle character that is worth caring about!
It doesn’t change the fact that I don’t like monochrome colour schemes though, so my point still does, in fact, stand.

3 Likes

:man_facepalming: dude, are you really saying that those images disprove his point?

And even if you are, all of those are artwork, sprites for a game, with shading that makes them look way more visually interesting. And even with that, they look kinda boring.

4 Likes

That depends what his point is.

If he’s trying to say “Tuyet shouldn’t be monochrome because no one else is”, then yes, they do.

If he’s trying to say “Tuyet shouldn’t be monochrome because I don’t like the look”, then no. That’s an opinion, and there’s no disproving to be done.

3 Likes