BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

It seems like that for the most part, the “popular masks” have been knocked out in the art rounds of the contests. The only exception was the hagah contests where the masks were locked in for 2/4 of the toa. The kakama did make it through for pouks though.

I don’t think those can be used in the contests

Thanks, that’s what I was going for. Now I just have to build a Tuyet. Oh and My mask is now available for use in contests here: Toa Tuyet's Great Mask of intangibility, Kanohi Ahp by Rothanak - Thingiverse

5 Likes

This is a good design, but oddly enough, it feels like a merger of Khing’s mask and Galv’s first take. I kinda like how his first attempt came out looking like the Predator, even if it doesn’t really fit Tuyet herself; this one sorta loses that, but it also works really well for this individual character.

Yeah…not sold on these. I just don’t think RSF has a lot of good masks in general, much less ones that fit Tuyet.

7 Likes

For once I would actually not have anything against this 3D design, because I feel like it looks similar enough to my custom head design to be workable for me personally.

(by the way you may also use this design)

4 Likes

I’ve been thinking about how StudentScissors used one of the trans-blue Nui-Rama Ruru for his Tuyet, and I think it’d be neat to get another commonly-transparent mask with a visor eyepiece like the Kanohi Kaukau for the Mask of Intangibility. The only downside is that both commonly-transparent masks would be primarily worn by Toa of Water.

2 Likes

That’s a good idea. Can someone make Tuyet mask that can use the Toa Mahri visor?

3 Likes

Here is some more inspirational material for a Tuyet design.

5 Likes

I’ll try modding mine so it’s an option

3 Likes

If you have a great MOC and you just don’t like the Mask design to me, I’ll vote for that MOC in the hope that they will be replaced by something else in the Art-contest.

Selecting mask is not important for me, at least in this contest method. :wink: :revolving_hearts:

12 Likes

That would be awesome

100% agree with you. As long as the mask is some shade of blue, I’m fine with it being a placeholder.

6 Likes

Rothanak_mask of intangibility Tuyet Visor
Still gotta test print, but here’s the render

11 Likes

Yeah same here. My Tuyet uses a faxon as a placeholder mask.

1 Like

Ok that looks better than I could’ve imagined, great job!

Side note, should Naho’s Huna have a visor as well? Since the visor is meant to keep water out of a Toa’s face and Naho’s biggest moment is swimming for help, I think it probably should.

2 Likes

I think it would be cool, but we shall see what version of the huna is most popular and if it will work with a visor without changing it too much

4 Likes

This looks miles better with the visor in it. Originally I was pretty iffy on the design but this is great.

4 Likes

Thanks, It works! But there is a small gap between the visor and the forehead because the digital model of the visor is not completely accurate.

9 Likes

still looks cool!

4 Likes

Thanks, I think I’m done fiddling with it now: Toa Tuyet's Great Mask of intangibility with Visor, Kanohi Ahp by Rothanak - Thingiverse

5 Likes

I meant to ask this here a couple days ago, but I completely forgot about it.

As I’m sure everyone here knows, the recent Toa Hagah contest canonized the appearances of the four remaining Toa Hagah, including their masks. Kualus’s mask is in the shape of a Mask of Sensory Aptitude, while Gaaki’s is in the shape of a new mask entirely.

Bomonga and Pouks are in a gray area; while their masks were intended by their designer (@Galva_Nize) to be variants on the Faxon and Kakama, this piece of backstory was not canonized with their appearances, and these masks are officially recognized as being new shapes entirely, in the same vein as Gaaki’s.

Would there be any interest in a Ask Greg topic to have these designs canonized in-story as variants, or would people prefer to leave them as unknown shapes?

6 Likes

I would prefer if they were retconned to the Normal Faxon and Noble Kakama if I’m being honest respectively.

But that is maybe just me :pensive:

4 Likes

Given that A) they’re pretty obviously meant to be those masks, and B) Kualus’ mask is already considered to be definitely the MoSA, I’d like to see Pouks and Bomonga bee officialized as well.

2 Likes