BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

But it does change the context. My point was that silver is not a standard “Fire colour”. You cannot use the Nuva or the Hordika to disprove that, because they are not standard Toa.

… who are not standard Toa. For a standard Toa, their weapons are not necessarily indicative of their colour scheme, since most Toa Tools are made of Protosteel, which is naturally silver.

This is objectively wrong:

" Identifiable physical attributes of Ko-Matoran include white, shades of blue and grey, silver, and black Kanohi and armor, as well as light blue eyes."

Well to cut things short-if you read the room you may find that noone is buying what you’re selling. Keep on keepin on though if you want, said pretty much what I wanted to on it.

You can make your point through your own moc or your votes but it is opinion based which is fine-although what others have presented to you is also strong evidence whether you want to deny it or not.

2 Likes

I will concede this, as I forgot the exact verbiage. However, this is a rather unimportant detail because, again, the colors listed on BS01 have no real correlation to the exact limits of what colors a Toa can have.

2 Likes

I was just looking back, and I realize that I may have been misunderstanding your arguments.

Just to be clear, I only think that Kualus’s metallic colour should not be blue. If someone wants to give him standard white and blue armour, and then another metallic colour on top, I have no problem with that.

It’s just that only white and blue gives no visual distinction from a standard Toa of Ice.

(That’s why I’ve been spamming #pinkpouks2021. Pink would definitely make any Toa stand out.)

As far as I am aware theres not a pink metal in Bionicle, I’d not vote for it for such a reason. Now if you could 3D print parts to make it his secondary color?.. maybe. Still have never heard of pink on a character and I don’t feel one to make that choice, personally

1 Like

We just haven’t seen it because it’s such a rare metal. Perfect for the Hagah. (Note that this is supposed to be read in a half-joking tone)

Yeah, and I know that a lot of people WANT the opportunity to stretch the liberties of what gets added to canon in these contests, but I myself am not one of them. Just feels like pushing it far to me

1 Like

We know. That’s still a ridiculous position based solely on the flimsy justification you’ve provided so far.

Tell that to Norik and Iruini. Silver and gold aren’t aberrant colors for Toa in general. Friggin Tahu had silver from the second year of the line’s history.

I mean, yeah, but it’d look like ■■■■ because metallic pink is hideous.

(X)

2 Likes

Fair enough. Gold/silver/gunmetal is definitely the least controversial way to go.

What do you mean? Blue is a standard Toa of Ice colour. The Hagah armour is supposed to distinguish them from their fellow Toa. If Kualus’s Hagah armour is blue, his colours match that of a standard Toa of Ice. Therefore, he would not stand out as an elite Toa of Ice. Hence, his Hagah armour should not be blue.

No, but they are for Toa of Fire and Air. (I will admit that Norik’s silver doesn’t really stand out all that much, but Iruini’s gold definitely distinguishes him from a standard Toa of Air.)

And he was also a next-level Toa.

It doesn’t even have to be specifically gunmetal either- I’m not opposed to mixing the flat gold/silver, pearl gold, or copper either. Definitely feels like other viable rare metal colors to me. Although copper is probably far less likely.

1 Like

Sarda is a Ta-Matoran with significant silver. Before you say “he was rebuilt by Karzahni”, note that he was reverted back to his original form by mutagen.

3 Likes

He was brought back closer to his original form, but he is still mutated.

Personally, my view on the matter:

• The Hagah should be two colours only - their respective Metru colour and a metallic colour.
  • The only thing with metallic colours that I don’t want to see is an uneven team balance, or colours that are literally identical to the Metru colour (like Metallic Black Bomonga, for example). Beyond that, anything goes. Gunmetal? Copper? Rose Gold? Blue? Pink?
  • So I’d be cool with 3xGold/3xSilver, or 2xGold/2xSilver/2xSomethingElse, or even a rainbow of six different metallic colours. Just nothing like “2xSilver/3xGold/1xGunmetal” or something weird like that.

:hushed:

3 Likes

So whats your opinion on the fact that we’ll have two toa with black metru bodies and none with a metru red? In my opinion the secondary colors and armor plates/designs/limb piece choices aren’t as important. If anything, they help show that these arw Toa from different areas.

This is the only point I disagree on. The use of secondary colors can make for much more vivid mocs.

1 Like

The mutation that he still had was his ability to breath water. The Mahritoran have completely reverted to their original body types.
Official Greg Discussion | Page 232 (thegreatarchives.com)

2 Likes

Um, I don’t think I understand? Norik is Metru Red. When did I say someone else needs to be Metru Black other than Bomonga?

Well yes, but I feel for the Hagah the precedent has been set for two colours, and if there was only one or two that had three, it would mess with the colour palette for the whole team a bit.

I’d like to see people use the metallic colours in combinations to create vivid MoCs, rather than have to add an additional colour to pull it off. But if it’s really well done, I’m not super adamantly opposed to the idea either.

1 Like

Eh, I don’t think the rarity of the IRL metals we refer to these colors as really matters. We don’t know that gold Toa armor contains much, if any, actual gold; and we can have colors that don’t correspond to any actual metals.

He would stand out because of the arms and armor he wears, not what color they are. All Toa Hagah wield a spear and rhotuka shield and have a specific color arrangement.

Let me remind you that metallic colors for Toa of any element, as well as aberrant colors in general, are common on Toa. Jaller, Kongu, and Hahli Inika have metallic armor of colors that aren’t standard for their elements.

Also, silver is metallic grey, really, and all the Toa Metru have grey joints, so does that mean they’re somehow special? What about Lhikan? He’s not really an elite Toa, at least not in terms of his public office. And you can’t really prove there aren’t a fair amount of Toa with aberrant metallic colors. You can only prove that we haven’t seen any.

That armor wasn’t granted to him by a Makuta appointing him to a notable political status, though. It happened because he fell into plot goop. That doesn’t signify that he’s special. We know he’s special because we’re the audience, but we don’t choose his color scheme based on his importance to us.

3 Likes

False. His torso is black.

4 Likes

Yes but Norik’s body is black. I’m just saying it lacks consistency from the get go.

Maybe, but theres this quote: “ those chosen were bestowed with armor made of precious metals, to honor them as elite Toa.”
I wasn’t going by MY definition, but what is said in canon.