BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

I doubt Dume was the only Toa Lhikan ever met (though he was probably left a significant impact on his image of a Toa) so I think we could afford a hypothetical Toa Dume contest a bit more leeway.

But oh! How I wish Greg had just let us call the Maxilos face/helmet a powerless great Kiril. :cry:

Do we know if the fourhead colour coding of masks in Metru Nui predates Dume? He might have been the inspiration for it. Or at least the reason they use black to identify noble masks.

Iā€™m pretty sure Greg said he was the reason why Lhikan looked like he did.

It does. Iā€™m pretty sure of that. Because if it wouldnā€™t the fact they did would make no sense (Iā€™m pretty sure that after he came to Metru Nui there were no new Turaga there. As only the Mangai and the Metru would have been Turaga in Metru Nui after him.)

1 Like

I always figured they exported most of the masks made there. Or Dume just kept some extras in his personal Suva.

yeah I forgot them exporting masks
Itā€˜s supposed to be marking them.
They could have written ā€œnobleā€œ, ā€œpowerlessā€œ or ā€œgreatā€œ on them, but decided to mark them with the colors. Itā€˜s just a mask making rule. So they prevent Dume getting Jallers powerless Komau instead of his noble Komau. (just examples)

1 Like

Really?! Iā€™m so interested the information! :hushed::heart_eyes:
Do you have a source?

1 Like

Yeah just looked for it and well, I just misinterpreted some quotes.

1 Like

So, since weā€™re talking about Dume and canon, does he really look like a metru matoran, or is his set just another design oddity? If the ignition comics are anything to go by, they seem to prefer his movie design.

3 Likes

More likely than not it went like this:

-LEGO Employees produce a set with one of the Matoran designs, a brand-new marbled mask, and a big bird
-Script writers for the film want to have a plot twist and they need a bad guy to be the villain before Makuta truly arrives
-The combo model is designed and the filmmakers give Makuta wings to accommodate, wings which he never actually uses in the film
-The comic traced over a still of Dume from the film because nobody really cared that much to go find the original set as a reference

Also, something important to note: The Metruā€™s Turaga forms look absolutely nothing like their Toa forms outside of some vague similarities in masks. None of them share the same color schemes, either, adding significant amounts of black and changing their primary colors to a lighter shade. So Dumeā€™s Turaga form is actually really unhelpful when determining his Toa appearance.

As for me, this is Dumeā€™s color scheme(credit: Kodiak):

16 Likes

Does anyone know why so many people give Toa Dume a hammer?

1 Like

imo he seems like the kind of guy that would absolutely deck people if given the opportunity

4 Likes

His turaga tool is a staff, so maybe people like giving him a hammer because itā€™s also a long-shafted weapon?

2 Likes

I mean, every Turaga has a staff tho

1 Like

exactly. So why the hammer?

2 Likes

Deal

5 Likes

heck yeah

I promise youā€™ll have a minimum of one vote for both of those if you enter them.

5 Likes

unless Nidhiki is DQā€™d for being silver

4 Likes

The problem with Nidhiki is mainly the mask, as itā€™s not possible to have a green Volitak on a purist MOC.

And Iā€™m pretty sure I couldnā€™t make a custom head green enough given the parts Iā€™d need. (I do actually have one that could work as a Volitak - but of course will not look as good as the actual piece, even if the parts needed existed in Metru green.)

The quotes up above on Nidhiki not being silver feel to me like they have enough of a grey zone to allow it nonetheless -
Gregā€™s reasoning in both can be read as contradicting or directly contradicts with what we know of other Toa of Air.

Most of all, though, we have this speaking for silver (though of course itā€™s a mutated form)

2 Likes

I think he was intended to be evil from the design stage. I mean, heā€™s on a big scary bird, and heā€™s in the ā€œevil colorsā€ and has evil red eyes.

I donā€™t feel that what he said contradicts anything we know (other than Iruini being green and silver), so I feel that silver Nidhiki should be outlawed.

Be gone, fiend

Donā€™t support drunk headcanons guys

@KDNX Donā€™t think that it should be allowed, since despite Gregā€™s reasoning being wrong, that doesnā€™t make his statement automatically wrong and allows Nidhiki to be silver

Edited for Double Post- Prentice1215

everything you feel about people whoa are ā€œanti-creativityā€ is the same thing people feel about ā€œanti-metruā€. Trying to gatekeep allowing metru torsos in a contest that doesnā€™t require them is just as bad as if people started saying they were required.

3 Likes