BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

Y’know, I thought the Nui Stone would be the main sticking point with people instead. I didn’t think a sword would be so divisive.

8 Likes

Yeah honestly I thought the sword was a given since we’ve never had a character without a weapon be canonized before

Just checked BS01:

Yes

14 Likes

Did Greg said she was blue? /s

5 Likes

Yes, actually. Reign of Shadows, chapter 7:

Anyway, continue.

5 Likes

Oh also Into Darkness Chapter 2:
“Matoro looked where he was pointing. Half buried in rubble was a Kanohi Mask of Power, one whose shape seemed vaguely familiar. Scattered nearby was blue Toa armor.”

4 Likes

Certainly this must be tampered evidence/s

1 Like

I am half-expecting there to be wholly unnecessary discourse over what shade of blue.

9 Likes

Honestly it wouldn’t surprise me, but we probably shouldn’t open that can of worms.

I actually like the idea that the variety of masks on Mata Nui weren’t limited to the original twelve. Assuming someone there wore a mask of intangibility that matoro knew.

3 Likes

It does make sense considering we haven’t seen a decent chunk of the Matoran on Mata Nui

3 Likes

Actually, that’s a weirdly specific thing that you can extrapolate from a couple greg quotes from around 2007 (I don’t have time to go find them, I apologize, but they should come up if you search “Intangibility”).

One quote mentioned that the reason Matoro recognized the mask of intangibility was because Nuju told him what it would look like.

But a different quote indicated that Nuju never told Matoro about Tuyet.

Oddly, this indicates both that there were no Mask of Intangibility matoran on Mata Nui (at least, none Matoro ever saw), and that Nuju just happened to mention what a mask of intangibility was to Matoro one day.

Greg quotes are fun, but they add weird quirks to the canon sometimes.

EDIT: FYI, this, and the moment when Takanuva recognizes the Mask of Intangibility on-sight in Dark Mirror are a couple of the reasons we can be certain the Mask of Intangibility Tuyet wears LOOKS like a mask of intangibility (IE, a mask we have not seen before, and not, say, a Pakari).

6 Likes

That’s technically sorta confirmed: In “Death of a Hero” we see four Matoran on Metru Nui, around the time of Matoro’s death. Three of them have masks of Biomechanics, Fusion, and Rebounding.

12 Likes

It would be cool if someone based the Mask of Intangibility (or another mask) off an unidentified mask from the comics. Like the red one back there. Or some of these;

Southern_Continent_Matoran_Kanohi
Comic_Unknown_Kanohi

10 Likes

This one is most likely a stylization of the Komau.

3 Likes

Not necessarily. Based on the Toa Metru, we know that sometimes Matoran don’t know what mask power even their own mask shape has. So it’s quite possible Nuju referenced some Matoran as wearing a MoI, since he knew what it looked like from Tuyet.

3 Likes

Both of you make great points. I would love it if we used these unknown masks to either fill in gaps of lore like the Noble KauKau or Tuyet’s Mask of Intangibility. After all they currently just exist and it would also give us more masks for MOCs or other Contest Characters. Of course I’m not saying chose randomly or to do it to a mask like the Noble Avohkii, more like the Pehkui or Mask of Enlargement

3 Likes

I realized now that there was no Toa of water with dark blue and medium blue at all.

3 Likes

What if we made Gaaki’s new mask be a Mask of Intangibility

4 Likes

What about Nokama and Hahli?
Hahlii.PNG

Yeah it works pretty well, though I’m not sure other people would like 2 back to back Toa of Water with the same mask