BIONICLE G1 Canon Contests Discussion & Questions

TYQ mentions their tools being taken away from them. Them having weapons was always confirmed.

“It was a bad situation, but Gelu knew all hope wasn’t lost. They had taken away his weapon and those of the Toa, apparently not realizing that Toa did not need weapons to use their powers. That was going to give them an edge Kabrua would regret.” -TYQ Chapter 3

Also I didn’t answer my own question there. I agreed that the Tuyet move was necessary because it’s already been causing arguments. It was causing arguments months ago, probably throughout the whole run of the Hagah and maybe before, which is… a while.

If there have been actual, significant arguments about the TYQ gang’s armaments then I’m willing to rethink my stance, but I was thinking there’d be little to base any arguments on beyond personal feelings, which aren’t really a heavy stance.

And people immediately asked TTV to remove that as well.

8 Likes

I mean, yeah, but not all of them. Maybe Orde and Chiara had weapons and Zaria didn’t.

You mean my post? I asked because I was curious if they planned to. Like I said, I don’t really mind if they ask or not; I just want to know if it’s something we should expect. Though personally, I actually would prefer the masks be determined by the contests. Partly so that we don’t wind up with another green Volitak scenario.

2 Likes

Sigh.

That is all.

12 Likes

Also

These words taste very delicious now that I’m eating them.

10 Likes

Guess my whole concept for Orde is invalidated. Sigh. Whatever.

To be fair though, I don’t think TTV was wrong to ask. I’m more annoyed by the response. The question was asked in a very open-ended manner. Could’ve been answered by a simple “yes they have weapons”. Just surprised and very annoyed Greg gave an actual detailed answer for once.

12 Likes

Thank you NICE INFORMATION!

AND NOW, I MUST BUILD MACE FOR MY ORDE :rofl: :wink:

8 Likes

oh my gun…

Good. I’m going to put a pole on the gun handle.

I need to make a huge spear

18 Likes

I think they should have polled the community if they should ask the Q before doing it, instead of making an executive decision.

3 Likes

The absolute audacity right now

Does Tuyet use a [any, whatever form of] sword?
Yes
Tuyet MOCs will now be mandated to use the [specific, unique] Barbed Broadsword

6 Likes

They should’ve read the chapters. 99% chance it would’ve gotten an answer faster than waiting for an email response and wouldn’t have led to… this.

4 Likes

Please…

Please be joking

6 Likes

ohh…except for Tuyet, all Toa contests will create weapons with long poles.

4 Likes

duly, noted… and ignored!

4 Likes

Well… ignoring any pertinent information will only bite you in the butt… but do you

10 Likes

Hopefully they also have long polls

You know, as in lots of entries?

…i’ll see myself out.

4 Likes

Have you seen his Pouks entry?

4 Likes

Good. I gave up on Zaria with gun, but I’m getting an idea for a staff

Add a handle to the long stick and add Mistika Gali’s scope
also ammo launcher playware
Yes, anyway, it’s a staff

We still have a lot of time. we have plenty of time to fix moc.

We both read the same post, right? The question TTV asked was “Does Tuyet use a sword?” Swords are the most common type of Toa Tool. In no way is that the same as asking if Tuyet used the Barbed Broadsword. I get that you can argue there’s subtext implying the question “Did Tuyet use the same sword as Teridax did on his disguise,” but nowhere in the question is that made explicit. This question could not hold up in court as proof that the prime Tuyet wielded the barbed broadsword.

2 Likes

But consider this: we aren’t in court.

Subtext is so very important. To the point where the majority of the pointless discussions we like to denounce and then partake in could be avoided if people would be willing to let it take a little bit more precedence.

If people really want an optional sword, go for it, I guess. It doesn’t seem well advised, either way.

7 Likes

As in, the one they just mentioned in the previous sentence.