Bionicle G1 v.s G2

There’s a big difference between mystery and poorly described story. Mystery is when you have something open to interpretation, that leaves people free to speculate and create their own answers. Poorly detailed story is when there are questions that make the story seem to make no sense, and you have to guess at an answer for the story to make a grain of sense. Questions like: why can’t the Protectors use the MoT against the Skull Spiders? Do the Toa have elemental powers with their original masks? If the Protectors have elemental powers, why do they need the Toa?

There’s a difference between a mystery and a poorly defined story. Bionicle G2 is a poorly defined story in every way.

Right, fans can speculate whether the mask is the same exact mask as the G1 Vahi, or if it’s a new one with more powers.

Because it controls time. And the Protectors have guns.

Did you see the animations, how Narmoto almost died instantly from the Skull Spiders?

Again, we’ve only had one year, and G1’s first year wasn’t any better. Maybe worse. Probably a lot worse.

Thank you. I was trying to think of a good example of mystery.

And that makes it a useless weapon how…?

I see your point and counter with: why didn’t he just use his own elemental power?

Let’s see, in 01 we had

1. Power sets for all the Toa and the Turaga.
  2. A backstory given for our villains.
  3. A main villain who was actually mysterious and not poorly defined, who had motives clear enough to make sense but just mysterious enough to be, well, mysterious.
1 Like

With 2015 coming to an end I can say with out a doubt Bionicle 2015 was lackluster and I agree 01 was so much better in all aways and I can say that without the nostalgic stuff getting in the way of my views.

We had mind controlled animals, and Makuta, who we knew nothing about except that he was evil.

That we knew were normal fauna of the island controlled by Makuta.

“Once, they were normal Rahi, then Makuta put infected masks on him and took control of them.”

Bam. Backstory.

2015 Makuta has a backstory.

“A long time ago, on the mythical island of Okoto, all lived in harmony.It was a place of wonders and beautiful landscapes. From the island’s elemental forces, two brothers, known as the Mask Makers, created Masks of Power. Each brother had a special mask: Makuta owned the Mask of Control and Ekimu the Mask of Creation. The brothers provided the islanders with many masks but Ekimu’s were the most treasured. His brother became envious and forged an evil plan. It was a sacred law that a mask could not contain the power of more than one element, otherwise it would become too strong, or dangerous. But Makuta wanted to create the strongest mask of all time, The Mask of Ultimate Power. When Makuta put it on, it took control over him, and the island began to shake and crumble, realizing what his brother had done, Ekimu knocked the mask from Makuta’s face. A shockwave, rolled across the land, sending both brothers into and endless sleep. The masks were scattered all over the island, waiting for a time when someone would come looking for them.”

Bam. Backstory.

Yes, but the Skull Villains don’t.

Look, this is pointless. All I’m saying is that G2 has thus far hade a poorly done story. I’m not saying every part of G2 is poorly defined.

Yess, they’ve handled Makuta’s story great, if not his motives. This doesn’t take away from all the other stuff G2 has done wrong.

They are undead henchmen of Makuta. I don’t think we need to know much else.

Well, my point is that there still isn’t a single reasonable example that you’ve given me.

Yeah, I’m getting sick of this too. Let’s end this, just don’t reply to this.

1 Like

I just wanna now what they are, like the species, but I’m fine with that not being answered for a while

plus Ryder Windham hinted that it will be explained at some point

1 Like

I like the mystery.

1 Like

same

also like the voodoo vibe they have

1 Like

The skull villains I like better than the Rahi. Mostly because I love skeletons, but you know.

You.

Mr. Skeltal likes you.

4 Likes

http://i.imgur.com/GnwEBE9.gif

3 Likes