BIONICLE G2 Story Theories/Analysis Topic

That’s good.

Anyways, let’s get onto the protectors. Are they like Matoran, are they like Turaga, or are they a mixture of both?

1 Like

They seem to be both. The guys over at NYCC said that the Protectors we’ll be getting in set form are the elders of the island.

It was said that they are like the village elders of the island. But, that doesn’t mean that they are.

Some people theorize that they are actually just protectors of the masks.

For example, they could be the reason why the mask is hidden across the island. They are hiding them for those Who are worthy enough to retrieve them.

Very good point. Kinda like how the Matoran in 2004 knew the locations of the Great Kanoka Disks. Perhaps one of the protectors will betray one of his fellowmen.

3 Likes

It’s pretty much confirmed that there will be more than one Lord of Skull Spiders. On his Twitter, Kahi posted a picture of a display at the Lego store, which has multiple Lords against the Toa.
https://twitter.com/TheJonathanJuan/status/520349595545927680

1 Like

#ThegreenoneseemssuspiciousbecauseheremindsmeofApollo

And if you couldn’t understand that, here: The green one seems suspicious because he reminds me of Apollo.

I believed this at the very beginning. It would not make sense to just have one.

Also according to Kahi’s twitter, Lego has stated its a soft reboot in those exact words.

That doesn’t really confirm anything. That’s just the display.

Who’s this Apollo you speak of?

It confirms a lot, actually. If there was just one, why would an OFFICIAL Lego display have two of them? I think Lego is trying to tell us there are two types of these guys.

3 Likes

If you read the Greek book, the Iliad, Apollo was a master of a bow. He also sided with the Trojans.

1 Like

That’s true, but this is the first time the sets are displayed outside of NYCC, and Lego has very good attention to detail when it comes to things like this. Displays are generally used to represent something happening in the story. I don’t think it’s a coincidence.

1 Like

Outside of comic con?

Then it may be even less relevant. I don’t think Lego store employees would care how many they put in the display.

But, hey, anything is possible. I suppose.

I mean, I’m even coming up with some strange/crazy/almostimpossible theories on how the old Bionicle universe connects to the new one.

Keep in mind, this first reveal to the general public is a huge deal. With only one Lord anyways, I’d think that they would only display one if there is only one in the storyline. They never displayed two Makuta sets.

3 Likes

I’m really beginning to believe that the Skull Spiders are the reincarnation of the '01 Rahi.

It seems everything is a reincarnate of the original BIONICLE.

2 Likes

This makes me wonder what else will be reborn into this new generation.

The legend reborn could be also be reborn.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty hyped myself.

@Kretta I feel as if this reboot won’t return to the Glatorians, especially since they seemed to rather get lower sales at the time they came out (which lead to BIONICLE ending). Not to mention they sometimes where rather disliked by the fans.

Now, I wanted to talk more about the setting. Looking at “The Legend” promo video, the island seems to have a mixture of Chinese and Aztec culture, with it’s own little ideas, as well.

5 Likes