BIONICLE Headcanons

Yeah

I really like the idea of animistic origin stories mixed with what I think is essentially nanotechnology.

Right now, I’ve just been obsessed with the Dark Times between the building of the Koros and the Toa arriving, and like drawing up trade routes and which Koro would trade what. At one point, I was even thinking about the logistics of Lava Farming, there’s a surprisingly good amount of gaps one’s imagination can fill there.

5 Likes

I was recently reading Legends 11: The Final Battle, and I noticed a small detail that, if implemented, could have tied the story together just a tiny bit better.

Early in the novel, there’s a scene where, in an attempt to both sabotage Teridax’s Plan and show some degree of mercy, Krika offers Gali a Tablet of Transit, allowing her to flee Karda Nui and get through any Brotherhood forces unharmed. Ultimately, Gali stays, but it’s not made clear if she kept the tablet.

Then, later on, the Av-Matoran of Karda Nui need to leave Karda Nui before the Energy Storms return, and the only way out is through a portal that we are told has a Makuta base on the other side. The Matoran’s plan is to just move fast enough that they aren’t noticed, and, as far as we know, this works.

My idea would simply be to change the latter scene so that, rather than just running really fast, the Matoran get past the Brotherhood base with the Tablet of Transit that Krika gave Gali earlier. This really has no effect on the final outcome of the events, but it ties back to the earlier scene (as well as other times the Tablets were shown), it makes the Matoran’s escape past the Makuta base more realistic, and it gives Krika’s actions a lot more direct impact.

9 Likes

Why wouldn’t his shield be able to block energy attacks? It wouldn’t need any special properties for that, other than being high-quality metal.

5 Likes

Headcanon: the Mask of Biomechanics is actually called the Mask of Technopathy

4 Likes

I like that
Minor related headcannon: when the mask of technopathy is in the use, the gear-like bottom portion of the mask rotates

7 Likes

And the Mask of Hunger is called the Mask of Consumption

3 Likes

Well take the Rahkshi for example, if a normal object gets hit with a shattering or disintegration beam, it would basically get destroyed, so for Kopaka’s shield to block (and reflect as it seems to be able to do) it would have to have special properties and not just high quality so that the destruction beams didn’t actually destroy it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s true. As far as I know, ice seems to have this reflection/deflection effect in the comics and stories, since Matoro is able to use it in the 2006 arc to stop Umbra.

2 Likes

I have a new headcanon that Cordak Blasters are more (less?) than just straight-up missile launchers. I now like to think of them as non-lethal riot control weapons, invented specifically in order to deal with the prisoners of the Pit.

“The Mk-I Cordak Revolving Blaster. One of the Nynrah Ghost’s finest. Mark-One because they got it right the first time. Named after the first Toa team in history, specifically to reflect their invention of the Toa code. It hurts like Karzahni, knocks them out cold, but won’t leave any bruises that won’t heal. It teaches the bad guys a lesson, but lets them live in case they need to learn more lessons. So you don’t have to hold back. Best of every world.”

-Toa Helryx, introducing the weapon to a newly-hired jailer.

8 Likes

I think Toa Nui is impossible but Toa Nui Nuva is possible.

Greg said regular six toa can’t whistand that kind of power. Even one source said Greg said it was made impossible by great beings.

But Great beings couldn’t foresee that Energised protodermis could change toa into Toa Nuva. Toa nuva have greater handle of toa energy and can form Toa Nui.

Tahu needs to rebecome a Toa Nuva in order for this to work but in theory it does.

Also the Toa Nui can multiply the mask power by six time using the sharing function of Kanohi Nuva. His speed is time 6 and strenght also and shielding.

3 Likes

Alternatively, they could have Takanuva take Tahu’s place. He’s technically a Toa Nuva… I think.

4 Likes

Literally that XD

He is honoary meber and redubbed himself as Takanuva and has nuva armor look alikensrmor on him but he is aregular toa power wise :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Headcanon: the Toa Suva in the Great Temple could transfer masks to Toa like any other suva, but unlike others it could also transfer tools and weapons. That’s why it was full of them in LoMN. Nokama’s hydro blades could easily have been used by Naho or Tuyet at some point in the past, for example. It was just one more advantage of living in the most luxurious place in the MU

9 Likes

Now this has me thinking; if the Makuta power of Hunger were to be turned into a mask, would it be the Avsa? Or is there another hypothetical “Mask of Hunger”, and the Avsa should be renamed?

There are slight differences between the Makuta power and the Kanohi (the Avsa can absorb emotions and inner light, and can drain from a distance, while the power of Hunger cannot do either), but it’s not clear if any “Makuta Kanohi” (which are confirmed to be possible) is necessarily a 1:1 expression of the power.

In name, but not in power level, and the latter is what matters here. He’s a member of the Toa team that calls themselves the “Toa Nuva”, but he isn’t an actual Toa Nuva with the special powers that regular Toa don’t have.

Unrelated idea: I have a simple theory that in Reign of Shadows, when Teridax attempted to leave Lewa behind when the others in the Core Processor were teleported into space, he did so specifically so that Lewa couldn’t save the others in the way he ended up doing.

EDIT: My looking into kraata powers reminded me that the power of Slow is basically this:

3 Likes

That’s confirmed

6 Likes

Awesome; I’m honestly surprised there’s an official explanation, given that it was an accidental detail.

3 Likes

Nuhrii is shown with a Ruru, then a Komau, then a Kaukau. I know that that was in part due to a glitch in MNOG 2, but I like to headcanon that he had some kind of residual memory of his skills/interests in mask-making, and he would randomly make new masks for himself.

4 Likes

It wasn’t an accidential detail :wink:

3 Likes

This makes it seem like it was:

3 Likes

He seems to be referencing some kind of list. Not the actual story beat.

It would be quite a typo since it is an entire paragraph where Lewa describes how he noticed everyone is leaving and he isn’t.

3 Likes