Bionicle Kanohi Mask Powers Animations

Some animations I made of Bionicle using their Kanohi mask powers.
Took me about a week or so to animate and in doing so, I learned some new things in Blender, such as making an object turn invisible and more.
(I’m currently working on the Olmak mask power of dimensional gates. To do this, I would use render layers.)

Bionicle parts from ldraw, brickshelf, and Maphrox BNG asset. Matatu mask, Ekimu mask, and Protector mask modeled by me.

https://vimeo.com/217729997

32 Likes

I dont get the mask of shadow and light, what do they do?

Nevertheless, this is pretty cool!

1 Like

Thank you. The mask of shadow turned the protector evil while the mask of light turned the protector good. It’s not accurate to the canon story, but supposedly the Bionicle wiki stated that the mask of shadows can sense evil in others while the mask of light can spread friendship and stuff. I could’ve just animated Makuta and Takanuva shooting shadow and light energies, but I decided for this instead.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Thanks! :slight_smile:

No. I’ll check it out and see what they have.

I should’ve added a slow animation to the mask of time as well to show it slowing down time. And many thanks! :slight_smile:

lol. Thanks! I used Lewa Nuva to show the Nuva Mask powers that can be shared with others nearby. I couldn’t find any Great Komau, so I used a noble instead. Maybe I will model Great Komau when I find good references online.

Hmm…kinda like with Vakama and Makuta in the movie? Good idea. :slight_smile: I think I would probably have to change the size of keyframes from the character attacking the Vahi user. I’ll see what I can do…

2 Likes

This is really impressive. Awesome job!

1 Like

This is so cool. I can’t get enough of the animation!

1 Like

Beautiful as always!

1 Like

Are you using BioSector01? That’s the most complete one.

But yes, the Mask of Shadows allows the user to see moral darkness in others, as well as give power over shadows and fear.

The Mask of Light allows a user to see moral light in others, and gives power over physical light as well as spreading understanding to others with peace and trust.

Love these animations though. Kinda wish the Mask of Time’s animation was executed better, but I love how you used the masks on most of the traditional characters.

1 Like

I refuse to stand by and allow you to put Lewa Nuva, who for all we know now has a completely different form, alongside a Protector from G2. You are disgraceful sir.
I’m just kidding. These remind me of the Bionicle Masks of Power game that is in production by the youtuber Jocool1231. Elijay played it in one of his videos. I love the glow on Onewa’s mask, although it’s funny that he’s in Metru form but without the Great Komau and instead has the noble version.

1 Like

How I would have done it is showing a character gonna attack the guy wearing the Mask of Time, and then once the Vahi is activated, he slows down in mid air.

1 Like

I enjoyed your presentation of these mask powers, particularly the Jutlin and Mask of Creation, whose powers I don’t believe we’ve ever seen in any physical format. It’d be cool to see more videos like this, demonstrating the powers of lesser known masks.

1 Like

Pretty neat demonstration.

1 Like

Amazing as always, it’ll be cool to see what you, do with this.

1 Like

Pretty cool! As an idea for the mask of time, what about a clock in the background? Show standard movement of the clock while the mask is inactive, then speed it up and slow it down when the mask is activated.

1 Like

Awesome animation but one misspell really made it the best.
Mask of speeding! XD
All I can think of now is pohatu using it and getting a ticket for going to fast, either that or else it gives others tickets for going to fast! XD

1 Like

Wow! These are phenomenal. I really like them all, they’re great.

1 Like