Bionicle MOC - Dagon: The Great Leviathan

They called me crazy when i bought two of the same lego elves set… But I’d say it was worth it. This Is Dagon, a giant sea serpent like creature that uses a colour scheme I’ve been dying to try out for ages. He’s a bit different from the stuff I usually make, but I love him nonetheless. Also he was really hard to take decent photos of because of how big he is.

Dagon:The Great Leviathan

So like with pretty much all mocs, I strted with the head, was a blast to build and i crammed as many teeth into it as i could.

I then began creating 3 large torso-like portions of his body that would then all be linked together, via smaller segments to make up his entire form.

He has a long whip like tail which is pretty much just made from simple ccbs segments, but allows for some cool posing.

Almost didn’t fit in my setup when you stretch him out like this

Closer shot of the upper body

I’ll finish off by saying that I love how this turned out,he looks amazing on display and I really can’t get photos to do him justice. Its a shame that i need a stand to hold him up for most poses, but it can’t really be helped with a moc of this size and shape. Thankyou all yet again for checking this guy out and all of your comments and critism are welcome as always :^)

Heres a link to the MOC Spotlight for Dagon :slight_smile:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KfJ1Zmm4lw

122 Likes

cool beanz, looks amazing!

3 Likes

so uh how much would you say it cost to build this?
i love this so much and need my own lmao
so beautiful

18 Likes

Hahaha, thankyou so much! Well over here in Australia the water dragon set costs about $25 so 2 of those plus if you already have uniter Onua and Terak, as well as a few basic parts you should have enough to build it if you were serious about it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

i love the deep-sea look of this guy

1 Like

The blue and purple looks swell together.

1 Like

The head really sells this set for me.

The colour scheme, medium azure, purple and even lavender, indeed looks like an interesting one.

1 Like

Awesome. Love the aesthetic.

1 Like

Dagon? As in Dagon in Lovecraft? If so then it is even more awesome

1 Like

Ayyy, waiting for someone to pick up on that

1 Like

Wow I already have most of those so I could actually do this. :open_mouth:
(I’ll let’cha know if I succeed : P )

2 Likes

Woah.
This is fantastic, I love the shaping of the head especially.
Definitely getting some Prisoner Zero vibes:

Great job all alround!

2 Likes

Oh wow i never made that comparison, been a long time since I’ve watched Doctor Who, but yeah i totally see it

1 Like

This is a really great MOC. Great use of those wing pieces!

1 Like

This looks great! The colors really make it pop.

1 Like

Wow, it’s so nice to see a predominately azure and purple MOC. Said colors really make the MOC eye catching, looking toxic and appropriately aquatic all the same. Those wing pieces also look quite good here.

1 Like

This looks awesome! The use of the wing pieces sets this apart from every other “dragon” MOC. The brick built head is also pretty cool.

1 Like

The overall color is “gloomy” yet vibrant, all beside the tip fin looks sturdy-

2 Likes

Really liking this, it’s definitely not something you see every day, especially those colors.

1 Like

######wait where did my post go?

1 Like