Bionicle MOC - Mantis: Plague Mech Alpha (V2)

Many of you would have already seen this in the topic for Dragonfly. But i wanted to make a new topic for the updated Mantis because he’s gone from being my least favourite moc to one of my best in my opinion. I also just really wanted to take some more photos because the ones I had weren’t that great. I am currently working on a new moc as well, as long as a big update to Arkus which should be posted sometime this week :slight_smile: Anyways here he is.
Changes are;

• Lower legs and feet drastically improved
  • Better coverage on arms
  • Torso had been reinforced (you can’t really see that but it makes posing him easier)
  • Weapon arm has been flipped to other side
  • Ammo rail attached to weapon arm
  • And a few others i might have missed

Mantis: Plague Mech Alpha

Action Shots

Various Closeups

C&C is as always encouraged and appreciated

66 Likes

Amazing as always except for the gap in the back of the head/neck

1 Like

Oh yeah, huh never really noticed, I can fix that pretty easy, thanks!

This is amazing. The red eyes look cool

1 Like

Such an improvement over the original, looks great!

1 Like

Glad you think so!

1 Like

Reminds me a bit of district 9.

1 Like

SAME OMG, I’ve been trying to put my finger on what it was for so long and it totally is district 9 that he reminds me of

1 Like

I already enjoyed the original a good deal, though the modifications you did make work in the MOCs favor.

1 Like

Great moc

1 Like

Your mocs continue to amaze me. Really, i don’t know why i like these so much. The aesthetic that you use is just really pleasing to me, i guess.

But, the top section of the lower legs seem to be gappy, and an ammo rail on what looks like a sniper rifle is just a bit out of place. Excellent job, otherwise.

1 Like

This is like… a million different levels of awesome

1 Like

The top section of the lower legs is like that to allow for articulation, and i since removed the ammo rail for that exact reason hahah. Glad you like my work btw, it means a lot

Very good moc.

1 Like

Looks like it is preped for battle. The army camo color scheme makes this moc more threatening when you add those red eyes. It also looks like it could exist in real life. I would also not want to mess with this thing.

1 Like

But, it looks like a super evil villain’s minion.

1 Like

The face desing looks wery menacing also like the long fingers:

2 Likes