Bionicle set prices on the web

Ouch. I live in the United states, but I got a pretty good idea of how that feels. All the more reason why a good amount of Bionicle prices on the web are outrageous I say.

I hope I am not sounding insensitive…

TBH, even though a lot of people price old sets really high, if you do some hunting, you can find more reasonable prices. For the longest time I was looking for Axonn and Brutaka, and everyone would list them at over or around $200. But I waited and dug through loads of eBay entries, and eventually, I found them each for around $40. You just need to know how to look.

But you think you know bad? There are Bricklink listings for Kapura’s red Ruru that price it at $60+!!! For one piece of plastic! I don’t care how cool that mask is, I’m not spending $60 on it!

3 Likes

On eBay and Amazon, I’ve been noticing that a lot of the 2016 sets are starting to creep up in price. Even the $10 sets like Ikir are going for around $15 to $35.

5 Likes

That really grinds my gears. I’ve noticed that too. I don’t understand how people can start overcharging so soon. I understand G1 being expensive, but G2? Really? People think they have gold when in reality: they have iron.

4 Likes

Toa Hagah Norik on eBay for around $17 dollars, pretty good for a rare set

I paid $1.20 for a complete used Norik on craigslist. There is literally no reason to use ebay/amazon unless you want to get ripped off.

1 Like

That’s why I would choose to get individual parts from bricklink, or get them second hand like on Craigslist

1 Like

I can get all the Toa Mata + Takamata (Mata version of Takanuva) for 20 bucks.

What would that look like?

His original release I assume. Although, he’s more of a Nuva than a mata.

Something like this.
http://pre11.deviantart.net/6eac/th/pre/i/2013/179/9/d/takanuva___mata_version_by_noblemike12-d6b50v7.jpg

Switch the arm and leg colors with the ones Kopaka has, and the mask for the Glowing version.

2 Likes

Light grey?..but I don’t think takanuva’s Nuva version had any…

Bricklink shop doesnt have all the pieces for Takanuva, so compromise and what not.

I saw a boxor missing 6 prices and instructions going for 60$

I’ve seen both ends of the spectrum. I’ve seen someone trying to sell a used Gorast for the ecuivalent of 70$, and saying that it costs 110$ new. I know that they got that price from a native Lego store that sells retired sets, at an increased price. And you guessed it, I saw Gorast there for 110$.

But let us not forget all our favorite people: The ones who have absolutely no idea of what they are selling. You know what I mean? Someone selling a huge chunk of bonkles in good condition for a joke price. I just found a crown jewel of that typ. Got a hold of the 6 Toa Mistika/Phantoka, the 6 Makuta Mistika/Phantoka, all 6 first wave Glatorian and all 6 Glatorian Legends in really good condition, complete and with canisters and manuals. Back in the day all that would go for 100’s of dollars, but how much did I pay for it? 55$. I was ecstatic. The guy also sent along, for free Keetongu and Sidorak without box or manuals, all for free.

In short; people who are clueless of what people actually pay for Bionicles these days, bless you.

3 Likes

Yeah, clueless sellers are the best. I got Jaller, Hahli, and Matoro Mahri all new and unopened for only $95, and the guy even upgraded the shipping at his own expense.

1 Like

Good thing I completed most of my collection before the prices started to go up seriously, phew! :sweat_smile:

I’ve seen them all go for 5$ each on Ebay with free shipping, I don’t think 95$ is such a good price.

1 Like

Oh, I’ve seen those too. But unopened is another thing entirely, and it was especially important for Hahli, thanks to her secondary color.

I don’t get the whole lime joints thing. Why does the color make the joints really bad to use?

Apparently the temperatures involved in creating that paint causes the lime pieces made starting in '07 to become very brittle, so they crack easily.

2 Likes