Bionicle sets that weren't up to scale in the story

From midget Malum to the oversized LOSS, discuss about various inaccuracies of sets compared to how they were portrayed in the story, and how you would like them to look like.

7 Likes

I could have sworn that LOSS was too small.

Oh well the 04 matoran were way too tall.

10 Likes

cough cough fenrak cough cough

9 Likes

One word… Axonn.

In the story he is shown being able to hold a Piraka in one hand. Though I like the set, he is way smaller than how they portrayed him in the comics and story.

13 Likes

Brutaka wasn’t gold enough in the story.

4 Likes

The mata nui robot.

2 Likes

That wasn’t a set.

2 Likes

Oh…yea…

well. I wish the Takea sharks were bigger…But I dunno…

EDIT.

I wish the Stars were bigger in the story…and as sets.

2 Likes

The Kardas Dragon appears to be a lot larger in the story compared to the Toa than he does as a set.

6 Likes

It should have been.

"Coming soon, exclusively to Toys’R’Us, you can build the Great Spirit Mata Nui himself, with a piece count of over one million, he stands over four feet tall. But wait, something’s wrong: that’s not Mata Nui, it’s the evil Makuta!

Exclusively at Walmart is the Prototype Great Spirit Robot, a piece count of one million exactly and standing three feet six inches.

Buy 8088546 Makuta Robot and 8088547 Mata Nui Robot available for $600 each at Toys’R’Us and Walmart respectively. Only from LEGO. Each set, sold. separately."

13 Likes

Malum wasn’t an undersized set.

Sidorak is smaller than Keetongu in the movie.
Keetongu is smaller than Sidorak in the set.

11 Likes

Brutaka only showed up in his voya nui form even though he had been mutated by the pit

Onua is ridiculously big in the online animations compared to his set form

13 Likes

He was extremely undersized. He was confirmed in two books to be at least taller than Ackar, but in fact he was barely taller than an Agori.

1 Like

Yes! Also, pohatu is huge too. And have any of you noticed gali’s chestplate has a different “shape” than everyone else’s.

2 Likes

The freaking Exo-Toa. From what I understand, in the story: every toa mata could use them and did. But yet the sets were only compatible with Toa like Tahu.

I really think Lego should of made an alternate model or build that was compatible with Toa like Pohatu and Onua.

If I am wrong, feel free to correct me.

8 Likes

Yeh, they always leave the black n’ brown dudes in the dust… :angry:

7 Likes

I’d seen some beautiful modifications for the Exo-Toa to work with every individual Toa, on the site Mask of Destiny somewhere.

I’d say the playsets weren’t scale :stuck_out_tongue:

On a more serious note, the '08 vehicles. I don’t think all 6 Nuva could have fit on those easily if they tried.

4 Likes

Classic LEGO, being racist.

11 Likes