BIONICLE's Plot Holes

Okay okay, you win. My last point still stands though.

1 Like

I don’t think that any of the Makuta that had died in the Energy Storm had been transported to the Red Star. The Kestora can only resurrect someone if their body is… well… there. They essentially repair the deceased. The Energy Storm had utterly incinerated everything inside Karda Nui, so the bodies of the Makuta cannot be recovered.

Also… what would you say about Teridax? His last body was the Great Spirit Robot and his consciousness was destroyed, so…

4 Likes

As I said, Makuta are not transported to the red star. Period. This is likely because they were created by Mata Nui and not the Great Beings.

1 Like

Alright, so, when you die, there must still be a body/mind left to be transported. Makuta didn’t have this kind of mind, being made out of Antidermis, therefor were not on the red star, Lesovikks team, the Toa Mangai and several others were turned into dust, so there was nothing to transport to the red star. Rahi are just a mix of viruses.

Jovan and Lhikan is on the star, Nidhiki and Krekka were absorbed by Teridax, making them unable to be revived, Matoro was absorbed by the Ignika, making him unable to survive. All who died in Karda Nui during the energy storm can’t be revived cause they were completely destoryed.

Also, if you are not an MU being (Velika wouldn’t have been revived) or not inside the MU, you will not be revived.
Jovan died when Voya Nui left the MU, early enought to be revived.

Also, they are not turned into zombies, it’s a TTV joke.

The following are revived/trapped on Red Star:
Botar
Original Hydraxon
Guardian
Ihu
Jovan
Lhikan
Mavrah
Nocturn
Several Nynrah Ghosts
Many Toa of Iron and Magnetism
A Ga-Matoran drowned by Tuyet
And several unknown deceased sapient MU being.

Also, the Kestora live there, Pohatu and Kopaka are trapped there by Gaardus.

3 Likes

I lost you here.

2 Likes

Actually, Greg confirmed that the Red Star was his way to do a zombie/horror story in Bionicle.

2 Likes

Voya Nui floats. Islands do not float.

4 Likes

It was suspended by the Cord.

Because when the Mahri brought it down, Voya Nui came crashing through the ocean into the MU

5 Likes

Yes, it was, but it took a long time for the cord to form from cooled lava from Valmai. Until then, Voya Nui was floating.

7 Likes

That’s not a plothole, though…not entirely explained, sure, but it isn’t a full-on plothole.
Long story short, there are two key rules for the Red Star’s revival to work: there needs to be a physical form remaining (invalidating all Makuta post-Antidermis-evolution, rahi, and Matoro) and they need to be within the Mata Nui robot (invalidating Jaller and any Matoran that died on Mata Nui, Voya Nui, or Mahri Nui). It hasn’t been established if crushing the body keeps a being from being resurrected, since technically there’s a still a body left. It’s just…flatter…so the likes of Sidorak may be alive as well. Meanwhile, Jovan stands on a border because it hasn’t been established precisely how he died in the Great Cataclysm, not to mention it’s unknown whether he died before or after Voya Nui was officially separated from the robot.

Also, @fangface1, I believe it was about a year in-story.

And @Wil, that’s just weird Bionicle-y physics that require a certain suspension of disbelief. Questionable, but again, not an actual plothole.

6 Likes

Hehe, couldn’t* lol

1 Like

Here’s a plot hole for you. How come Antroz didn’t use his Jutlin to destroy the Toa Nuva’s jetpacks? Or destroy Pohatu and Lewa’s vehicles? His mask could have ended all of them, and it was never addressed.

5 Likes

cough antidermis cough can’t be revived cough

3 Likes

Makuta fighting in any situation always creates a ton of plot holes. The writers gave them too many darn powers.

Fixed title -legomaster

8 Likes

Precisely. But Antroz always bothered me because his mask alone would end that fight in seconds. They should have been like
“Oh the Makuta’s mask won’t work on this vehicle because it’s infused with light.”
Then it would have been fine.

4 Likes

All the Makuta always bothered me because they could have ended every fight in seconds. They have 72 42 powers for goodness’ sake!

8 Likes

Wait, I know why they didn’t do that. They needed to challenge them in kohli first. Cause that works so well.

7 Likes

Makuta can disintegrate every Toa he comes across several times over in an instant - yet he challenges them to a game of Matoran lacrosse. No wonder he was defeated at the end of every year. :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Teridax confirmed as sports fan.

8 Likes

They actually have 42 powers. hides because I don’t wanna be banned.

3 Likes