Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

All I’m saying is this topic gave me an excuse to post Kopaka passed out on the pavement and why I didn’t do that already is beyond my comprehension

That’s it

No more supporting Faber

5 Likes

Oh god please no. I’m already having 'Nam flashbacks to the Sombra ARG back when I still foolishly believed Overwatch was going to do anything with its lore.

2 Likes

What’s the probem with args?

Arg’s can work if they’re done right. For example; look at the portal 2 and Batman the dark knight arg’s. (Inside a mind has some pretty good videos on them, I recommend you go check them out.)

I’m personally in the “I do not like ARGs” camp, but not because they’re inherently bad; I’m just inherently bad at them and thus don’t get any enjoyment out of them. They’re brilliant for those who have the right mindset; I had a friend in school who’d solved a community pokemon-related ARG within an amount of time that I can no longer remember and didn’t shut up about it for months because of how much he’d enjoyed it.

It’s about fifteen minutes long, so I slapped it on in the background and alt-tabbed when it sounded like he’d changed slide or did anything with the visuals. I’ll be editing in the slides as I go through, but what’s important is what is being said around those slides, and I’m not sure I could paraphrase it all too well.

@Pakari

From hereon, I’ll let you watch it for yourself, as he talks about the thing that brought us all here. Also do watch the first ~six minutes though, as I was just skipping through and there’s definitely a lot of contextual stuff you’ll want.

5 Likes

I lowkey would like an ARG, but only if it were to lead to something more long-term. ARGs are really awesome, but they’re one-time things.

*clears throat *

“I don’t know why we even need a Kopaka 3. Clearly, Kopaka 1 was the pinnacle of Kopaka and Kopaka 2 wasn’t advertised enough to be popular. It also didn’t have as much backstory as Kopaka 1. I hope we can just get more Kopaka 1.”

“NO WAY?! KOPAKA 3?! WOW, HE BETTER HAVE A SCOPE ON HIS MASK OR ELSE IT’S NOT KOPAKA! AND HE BETTER ALSO HAVE A SWORD AND SHIELD OR MAYBE IT’S OKAY IF HE HAS A SPEAR BECAUSE KOPAKA 1.2 HAD A SPEAR THING! BUT HE HAS TO HAVE A SHIELD!!”

“I wish it wasn’t Kopaka 3. Why do we even need a Kopaka 3? I think we should just be okay with Kopaka fan art. This whole thing just proves that we can’t ever let Kopaka rest in peace. At the very least, if you have to do something new with Kopaka, make it something different that encapsulates the spirit of Kopaka.”

8 Likes

Definitely, they’re Fantastic for marketing.

2 Likes

a topic was just derailed before my eyes.

He will be remembered.

2 Likes

If you’re the kind of person that agrees with CallanLoF, who has very publicly held a grudge against us for over 6 years, and will take any opportunity to paint us negatively, then I don’t think anyone can help you at that rate.

You have every opportunity to have a rational dialogue with everyone here, including us. If your defense is to quote the most irrational member of the BIONICLE community I can think of, then you’re ceasing said dialogue and have nothing of substance to add to this discussion.

9 Likes

While he is strawmanning the video very heavily, he does raise some points that I was thinking about during the second video while Meso was talking about the previous interview. I don’t have to be a “kind of person” to see that he has valid points; society is built on compromise and this sort of partisan community drama is why I tend to avoid the larger Bionicle community.

6 Likes

Quote isn’t there to prove any of my points just thought I share. Also determining someones rationality based on their opinion of TTV seems stupid.

2 Likes

my thoughts exactly

1 Like

Eljay … didn’t? He referenced those things individually but didn’t correlate them.

4 Likes

It’s not based off his opinion of us (which is not what I said), it’s based off our personal and hands on experience with him and the fact that he has continued to hold a childish grudge for six years.

This is not the first time you’ve made inferences in someones point to paint them in a poor light, and we’re growing weary of tolerating it.

7 Likes

This is all partisan community drama. It should not spread here. Callan has a few valid points. Callan also has a grudge. I think we’re mature enough to leave things there.

Faber draws people surfing on pencils. That’s weird and kinda cool.

7 Likes

this is also my exact thoughts

Whoops, I’m back. (Bolding mine.)

Just spent 20 mins Ctrl-F ing back through all Faber’s instagram posts and couldn’t find a single instance of the word “support”. Couldn’t see anything with the same meaning (ie asking for support / follows /shares etc.) either.

Disclaimer: I only got as far as the start of #biovival, please don’t make me do more. :sweat:

1 Like

He did correlate them,

this first paragraph sets up the second one.

Because I “agree” with Callan ergo a rational conversation is not possible.

2 Likes

Yeah, there is quite honestly no productive reason to share those posts by him here. Either make your points and discuss it with those here, or don’t. We try not to mention Callan and let bygones be bygones, but it doesn’t seem to work. Speak out against him, and suddenly we’re the bad guys. Lose lose.

That said, that discussion ends here. Any further discussion related to him will result proper reprimand.

6 Likes

This topic is the car crash and I can’t look away.

16 Likes