Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

“ARG” is the noise I’m gonna make if Faber dodges the interview and keeps being needlessly cryptic.

11 Likes

I left for literally 2 hours to write an exam and this is what I come back to?

Y’all special

<3

Anyways, wouldn’t be opposed to an ARG (considering how good Faber is at being cryptic, it could be fun) but I dunno what shape it could even take today. Destiny’s ARG’s, for example, are great but also kind of rely on the abilities of a multi-million dollar company to pull off. Sans something vaguely MNOG ish I couldn’t even begin to think of how one could go.

5 Likes

I left for 20 minutes to take an exam, and I didn’t miss anything.

Neither did you though, don’t worry.

2 Likes

Will do, eventually. Thanks for the slides!

First-impression thoughts just on these, it’s a good analogy for the general creative mind. I’ve watched and listened to a lot of concept artists talk about this sort of thing. You start off with the passion and the creativity, but slowly your ocean gets degraded over time by reality and practicality and jobs and careers and bills. But, many veteran artists move forward with their own personal passions once they have gained that experience. Often you need to pay your dues to get to a place where doing that is possible. That’s when you can really step into that ocean.

How this translates into a 'totally different way" or some new sort of experience, I’m not sure yet. I’d like to know, and perhaps it will be explained once I watch the video. We’ll see!

Never.

Also, I totally nailed it, didn’t I?

Enough for me to make a complimentary parody analogy about fan reaction to this project.

So, yes.

4 Likes

Y’know, I used to go to sleep and wake up to see the canon contests would gain over 200 new posts in that time.

Apparently whoever wished it would slow down must’ve used a monkey’s paw, because here we are at it again.

8 Likes

just for you bb

Then my life’s work is complete.

7 Likes

If it is an arg, I seriously hope that he doesn’t send any codes our way

3 Likes

Too late, I already have the nuclear codes. Time to destroy the world’s mangosteen deposit.

13 Likes

Instead of continuosly arguing about what Faber is or isn’t doing I decided to do something more productive that can contribute to this topic:

Right now it only contains the instagram posts themselves and links to them. However I’m thinking of expanding it to his Facebook, Twitter and Youtube and the comments he’ve made on each post has yet not been added:

15 Likes
9 Likes

Wow, that was fast.

4 Likes

I missed around the first hour.

Did they talk specifically about biovival, or was it more general stuff?

(Also, Trogglemorph)

1 Like

i thought a few people mentioned my name
why

Thank @TheMightyObsidianDude for putting it on my radar while it was still live, lol.

2 Likes

Wow a two hour frog dissection and I still caught the last 120 seconds!

I’ll definitely listen through that later.

4 Likes

Now whenever someone drops an F-bomb I am gonna call it a Faber.

11 Likes

this will end badly

6 Likes

I enjoyed listening to Faber’s interview. Sad I wasn’t around for it live.

For reference, the big #biovival question is asked at 13:02: “Is this Bionicle?”

Faber’s answer avoids directness and is an extended history of “Bionicle” and the thinking behind the hashtags and project. That may not satisfy those who want a concrete yes/no, but makes sense to me as the only way he could answer.

The bit at 24:08 is very interesting:

[After mentioning knowing how G2 came about] I can comment on the output of it, of course, because I can’t go directly into the process of it, that would be a bit… Since I’m working on new stuff for, um - [interrupted]

I’d love to know how that sentence was going to end. It’s unfortunate the TTV guys didn’t pick up on it or ask any questions about the mystery meetings teased on 1/4/20, but I guess we’ll find out all this stuff eventually.

The whole interview is worth a listen though - I thought Faber’s idea of giving schools a VR room to help children develop empathy is very cool. I could see virtual meetings between classes in very different parts of the world, helped along by machine translation, really helping broaden people’s horizons.

11 Likes

ok, as long as nobody downloads blade and sorcery

9 Likes

Troglomorph confirmed

2 Likes