Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

the main pieces of evidence that lead me to the G1 retelling conclusion was the line from the dream in a shell post.

everything will be like never before.

everything will be like never before. in other words, everything will be told again, but not in the same way.

“Remember that a biological chronicle has to work like Biology where things are broken down into pieces to become something new. The old is not lost but reworked into new meaning. This is how things evolve and refine into new ideas and stories.”

taking the old and reworking it into something new. if that isn’t confirmation then i don’t know what is.

these are just the examples that i could recall off the top of my head too. do a bit of digging and you’ll see that there’s a lot more evidence to support this.

3 Likes

So, the new story for this new reboot will be told through a VR game?

Good point. Such a game would be awesome, but few people will be able to access it. I would rather have it as a regular game that has VR compatibility rather than a fully VR game.

9 Likes

Or it could mean it will be like never before, like new :stuck_out_tongue:

Or… that could mean it’s a reboot? That’s literally what a reboot does :stuck_out_tongue:

I really don’t see how it confirms it’s a retelling and not a reboot, from that wording alone all is said is that it’s “something old being remade into something new”, which applies to both. When you add in the “moving forward” stuff it sounds a lot more like a reboot to me, sorry.

8 Likes

Bionicle Framework? /s

1 Like

This theory is immediately discredited by Faber’s art and posts, which depict settings and implies a cosmic scale unlike anything in G1. None of the Toa woke up in an ice cave, and nothing signified a galactic-level setting. On top of that, Faber’s drawn attention to the process of evolution, by which organisms change to fit their environment. Bionicle, most likely, will have to “evolve,” or change to be better suited for today’s culture and issues. That entails a reboot, not just a retelling; otherwise, Bionicle will not actually change.

8 Likes

No, not likely, the VR seems to be primarily for Rebel Nature.

The only thing the VR posts have in relation to Bionicle is the Hau Faber had in the reflection and the mention that it could also be used for 310N, but I don’t think we have any reason to believe that project was always intended to be VR related.

And if VR does end up being used, it’s also not likely to be a game. Most likely it’d be an experience, a storytelling venture using immersive sights and sounds as opposed to a game involving player interaction.

6 Likes

No you’re getting this confused with Bionicle Iliad[quote=“SirKeksalot, post:454, topic:48962, full:true”]
This theory is immediately discredited by Faber’s art and posts, which depict settings and implies a cosmic scale unlike anything in G1. None of the Toa woke up in an ice cave, and nothing signified a galactic-level setting. On top of that, Faber’s drawn attention to the process of evolution, by which organisms change to fit their environment. Bionicle, most likely, will have to “evolve,” or change to be better suited for today’s culture and issues. That entails a reboot, not just a retelling; otherwise, Bionicle will not actually change.
[/quote]

Evolution was also a non-factor in the original Bionicle, as all MU inhabitants were created by either the Great Beings or other MU inhabitants. However metal and electrical components are incapable of alteration biologically so if this is a common theme in 310N he’s got some explaining to do.[quote=“TheMightyObsidianDude, post:452, topic:48962”]
I really don’t see how it confirms it’s a retelling and not a reboot, from that wording alone all is said is that it’s “something old being remade into something new”, which applies to both. When you add in the “moving forward” stuff it sounds a lot more like a reboot to me, sorry.
[/quote]

Just to make it through.

Faber’s concocting something. Whether it’s a medicine or a malady he still has yet to reveal. However the concept of a Rebel nature video game is interesting.

5 Likes

Woah, slow down there, pal. Pretty sure what we’re talking about here is Faber’s cryptic way of saying Bionicle needs to be different to be relevant today, there’s no need to get so technical.

Besides, even if that was a part of the new Bionicle, them being partly machine doesn’t preclude them from being able to evolve. It’s a fiction story set in a fantastical world, anything can happen for any reason or none at all. Faber wouldn’t have to “explain” as if he’s violated some sacred law.

Indeed it is, but I want to point out again that we don’t have any reason to suspect a game of any kind. Faber is good with art and storytelling, and the only other partners he has that we know of are Cryoshell, who do music. Not saying he couldn’t do it, but neither Faber nor any of his known associates based on what he’s teased have the skill set to produce a video game, so I’d consider it unlikely at best.

What is more likely, to me, would be some kind of VR experience with Faber’s art in an immersive VR environment and Cryoshell’s music along with it.

6 Likes

Alright, the Matoran are either entirely naturally-evolved in 3IONICLE and superficially resemble androids, or they’re natural organisms that were modified and have a biology which facilitates metal being modifiable in the same way organic flesh is through the evolutionary process. There, it’s 'splained.

2 Likes

Shut up and give me rust

for legal reasons that’s a joke also guys did you see the rust in the mask reflection

Faber wouldn’t have to “explain” as if he’s violated some sacred law.
[/quote]

Like how he’s seemingly violating the sacred law of having this not be a blatant repost of the same formula

Don’t @ me fanboy tears[quote=“SirKeksalot, post:458, topic:48962”]
Alright, the Matoran are either entirely naturally-evolved in 3IONICLE and superficially resemble androids, or they’re natural organisms that were modified and have a biology which facilitates metal being modifiable in the same way organic flesh is through the evolutionary process. There, it’s 'splained.
[/quote]

Or, they were created by sapient beings or a sapient being on a higher plane of existence for benevolent or malicious intent, summoned by the inhabitants of the world to protect them from all foul play and skulduggery.

Or it’s just Galidor.

2 Likes

“This is bait.”
-someone at some point, probably

5 Likes

I’m fishing for rocks

4 Likes

@Ghid

:sunglasses:

Joking aside, I am also curious about evolution in the sense of BIONICLE biology. Though, mutation itself isn’t out of the question in BIONICLE (we’ve seen it several times in there, with the Nuva, the Hordika, and the Barraki which even started becoming like sea creatures) albeit it was always done via some strange material or venoms which affected their armor and physical structure.

5 Likes

Just a quick question: What is Rebel Nature? I’ve never known about it until it was discussed on this topic.

2 Likes

It’s a project Christian Faber has had in the works for a while, set on a future Earth designed to tackle the topic of climate change (something he’s quite passionate about). Most of what we’ve gotten so far is artwork, with a fair amount of emphasis on nature kind of taking back control over the world we’ve constructed, like there was something like a crab making a shell out of bits of discarded plastics or something? But anyway, it’s been in the works for a while and Cryoshell is also involved with the project.

5 Likes

Link to fabers youtube channel if you want to check it out: https://www.google.com/url?■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-GnoJbjAhWstIsKHfvmB7kQFjAAegQICBAE&usg=AOvVaw3FFrgsLQsEkNUH_TMV1wa-

My recomentadion of video’s to watch to get a good understanding of the project is definately the mood trailers and Rebel vlog 01.

3 Likes

Waiting for more news on this like

7 Likes

Lol. Faber hasn’t posted on it.

He may be working on something that takes more time.

1 Like

So, what exactly is this? can someone give me a quick rundown?

2 Likes