Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Ok. thanks.

2 Likes

Why did he show so much new content a few months ago, and now, there is almost no new updates?

2 Likes

We can only speculate at this point. Personal projects are often fueled by periods of creative energy. An artist might be feeling inspired by a certain season, or by a certain event (just look at lots of the cool and fun stuff that’s been coming out post-Brickfair). However, this inspiration doesn’t last forever (especially if you’re working solo on a non-commercial project like 310N). So it’s possible that Faber just lost steam…

6 Likes

@legomaster1378 Speaking of which, what are your thoughts on this mysterious project? I don’t remember seeing you post on this topic before.

2 Likes

If you want my hot take on this whole ordeal, I’ve got nothing positive to say. Especially if you consider CF’s track record.

3 Likes

Bring it on.

2 Likes

I’m an inconsistent creator myself, so I definitely get why things have slowed down. It does make me less inclined to expect this to go anywhere overall, also based on personal experience, but how much of a negative that is depends on how much you expected from the project in the first place. IMO it was a long shot to begin with, so this hasn’t changed my overall view; it was still nice to get some new art, and it’s helped give the Bionicle community stuff to talk about aside from G2, so I’m not too disappointed overall. Hopefully he’ll have another burst of inspiration with this in the future, but it was still nice while it lasted.

9 Likes

Hmmm… I haven’t been following it too closely.

A few quick takes:

• Most of the art looks gorgeous and I’d love to have it framed
  • I really dig the concept for the 310N logo
  • I don’t like how people have been getting their hopes up about this. We’re not going to get BIONICLE again in the form of another consumer toy-line (at least not the nostalgia-fueled version the fandom seems to want).
  • I really hope this project has gotten people back into creating their own BIONICLE stories.

We shouldn’t wait around for stories to be spoon-fed to us. The people of this community should use their own talents and creativity to weave their own tales, to make their own additions to the BIONICLE narrative. There’s an enormous amount of potential in that, but I feel like we can all too often get stuck in capitalist consumerist mindsets. We often neglect our own creative potential.

13 Likes

This this this this this

As much as I would absolutely love to see more official material, I think the best way to go is making our own stories. Bionicle was what got me interested in writing in the first place, and for me personally it would be a disservice to waste that waiting around for Lego.

And I get it, a lot of fan projects have a pretty bad track record for producing results, and there’s a whole other discussion to be had about that, but it’s easy to forget that there have been successful ones as well; Reviving Bionicle, Struggle In The Drifts, and the upcoming Legend Of Mata Nui revamp release.

So yeah, I urge anyone who (like me) is hoping to see G3 or something along those lines happen someday, to start by making your own!

9 Likes

Very good point (I hope to make a video about that).

I feel as though that’s the case for many members of the community.

3 Likes

We’ve sure tried!

and failed :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

yep. I remember.

1 Like

you’re still welcome to try and help :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: School talk

I’ve been inactive for the longest time, and then I get an inbox notif that when clicked on goes to this post, and the I see “4 posts were split into a new topic” that I have no access to. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Why am I getting notifications for this?

2 Likes

You commented once I believe.

I have the same question.

2 Likes

You all may have the topic somehow set to “Watching.” Check the box at the bottom to change that setting.

4 Likes

I’m assuming you got a notif just now about people wanting to know why they got notifs.

1 Like