Biovival Discussion (aka Christian Faber's mysterious project)

Theorycrafting and wild speculation based on low quality images is kind of tradition in the BIONICLE community at this point. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m definitely seeing “R-E-O-N” in the rust. /s

5 Likes

what have I just started

5 Likes

Bionicle is coming back, bois. The hype train is fueled by instagram posts.

7 Likes

Hype train got no brakes!

On a serious note though, anyone else think it’s weird how the initial teaser image had a heavy sci fi feel but then the first art piece has the very different 2001 mystery fantasy tone?

11 Likes

Not what it looks like to me, just looks like a the natural environment plus what may or may not be a toa canister. Hi-tech can coexist and contrast with the natural environment, heck, that’s been an aesthetic of Faber’s with Rebel Nature and whatnot.

8 Likes

I know. I just thought it was odd that the logo seemed very 2004 Metru Nui, while the art piece is heavily 2001. It only raises my intrigue further to see where this goes.

2 Likes

I’m glad to see both bases being covered - BIONICLE is a story of the biomechanical, is it not?

7 Likes

I want to take a look at the diction here. It’s a parallel to Kopaka’s shpeal in the first comic, but it’s told from a second-person view, as if the speaker is addressing the reader. We, the fandom, may have “dreamed” of “amazing stories of light and darkness” in the form of G1 and, to a lesser degree, G2. We “know all and nothing” because we’ve already experienced 2 generations of Bionicle, but this new project could be some metafictional tie-in to the rest of the franchise; not a continuation, but something more out-there, maybe something that connects to all those AUs and why there’s so many of them.

9 Likes

This is a beautiful interpretation of what was said. And if this is what Faber intended it makes me very optimistic for the final product.

6 Likes

If it’s F-Dog’s intention, I’m all for it, really. The meta context really intrigues me.

6 Likes

18 Likes

This keeps getting better and better!

4 Likes

Ohh baby

5 Likes

Sir, the brakes, they aren’t working! We can’t stop! In fact, we’re gaining speed!

7 Likes

Now this is pod HYPE racing!

4 Likes

The first time when i see this images, i think, its a kind of dream… But Faber is posting a lot of criptyc images…
My heart says, its posible, but i want new bionicle sets.

4 Likes

Inject this directly into my face.

6 Likes

Please hype responsibly, everyone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9 Likes

I’m seeing a lot of people that I will assume nope’d out of Gen 2 early and it’s showing.

13 Likes