Black Bones VS. Grey Bones

Which do you prefer in CCBS sets/MOCs? Black bone pieces? Grey ones? A mix of both? Feel free to share your opinions in detail and discuss!

5 Likes

I would say black bones since I mostly have black ones.

2 Likes

It depends on the MOC. If the gray blends in, then I’d use it. If not, then I’d use black.

3 Likes

I like consistancy, but that’s just me.

4 Likes

Depends. I am currently making a villain and due to his dark personality having a darker color works best. Also black is more common so it is what you likely have more of.

1 Like

I find that if it’s a black, green or white MOC, grey bones work best, and for red, brown and blue, black works best. I don’t have many CCBS pieces to speak of, but I have seen enough MOCs to get a general opinion.

1 Like

Black. It’s much easier to use. If there were grey balljoint parts it might be different but probably either black or a mix of two, but only if those are the only colors in the MOC.

1 Like

Black bones are about as Dandy as they get.

1 Like

I prefer black, but gray bones can have its uses sometimes.

Usually black, if it complements the colour scheme. But in general, I just wish Lego would stick with one colour for the bones (Ahem 3.0).

3 Likes

Depends on the color scheme you’re goin’ for.

2 Likes

^^^^^^^
in sets, it depends on if it can be blended in
I hate it when lego mixes both in
Black bones are coo

4 Likes

I don’t really care. I use 'em all :stuck_out_tongue:

I have a lot more black bones than I do grey bones. Usually, my templates for MOCs include “structural colors”, for things like CCBS bones, socket pieces, and TECHNIC. For Skyburn I used both black and grey (the grey references his sonics powers), and tried to spread out both in the inner structure of the MOC.

2 Likes

I do not like black bones, and avoid using them. I use white, yellow, blue, red, green, and grey whenever possible, and I wish just once Lego would make a CCBS set without black. The black on every set drives me crazy(except on the sets that are actually black, like Stinger), and I hope they fix that with the next Bionicle wave or sometime in Bionicle.
While they’re at it, maybe they could make a set or two without silver or gunmetal. In other words, like the Raanu set.

2 Likes

Also, Black works better with lighter colors, while grey works better with darker colors :3

Not exactly…

Also, moved this to “LEGO Creations” because it’s most relevant here.

2 Likes

@Hawkflight For me it does xD

All depends on what looks I’m going for with the build in my case.

1 Like

I definitely chose black as it’s not even a colour and kind of goes good with everything.

2 Likes