Blackened Stars

BLACKENED STARS

Blackened Stars is my attempt to redo latter years of BIONICLE storyline. When I started planning the Blackened Stars, I was unsure at which point I should start. I thought about starting with 2006 or 2004 before deciding to start with later half of 2003.

The first book will stay closer to the canon storyline. Later, you can except such things as different characters and settings, and different order of story segments. As people there likely know the main story twist of BIONICLE, an additional twist is already planned and will be revealed in due time.

Book 1-Mask of Light

Despite temporaly losing their elemental powers with theft of Nuva Symbols, Toa Nuva managed to stop Bohrok-Kal from freeing Bahrag and once again rousing the Bohrok Swarms from their hibernation. Bohrok-Kal destroyed by their own powers and Krana-Kal sealed away, peace once again reigned on Mata Nui.

As celebration of the newfound peace, Turaga rebuilt Matoran into stronger forms and announced a great Kohli tournament. But the originator of the threats that Matoran faced remained. Deep under Kini Nui, Makuta waited in the depths of Mangaia, ploting his revenge…

Chapter 1-Discovery

“Takua, Taaakuuuaaa!” cried Jala at his teammate.
Jala was normally the head of Ta-Koro guardsmen and Takua an adventurer, but during the celebrations, they now were also Kohlii players. Usually, Kohli was played mainly by Po-Matoran, but now, a great tournament was called by Turaga to celebrate return of peace, in which would participate all six Koro. A Kohli field was built in each settlement, and matches were played to see which three teams would qualify for the championship.

Takua and Jala of Ta-Koro
Hahli and Maku of Ga-Koro
Huki and Hafu of Po-Koro
These were ones who passed
Kongu and Tamaru of Le-Koro.
Onepu and Taipu of Onu-Koro
Matoro and Kopeke of Ko-Koro
These were ones who did not.

And since Ta-Koronan team passed, they were heading to the championship, held at Ta-Koro stadium. At least they should be heading there. Instead, Takua decided to go exploring, and Jala attempted to convince him to go. From distance, a call was heard. “Jala, wait! I found a Great Kanohi Mask!”

x-x-x

Takua jumped from stone to stone across lava. Heat made him feel uncomfortable, but at least it did not burn him. He then finaly managed to land on the other side. There was a small pool of lava there, and near it an ancient obelisk, on which was inscribed in faded writting:

There, a key is buried.
The key opens the seventh star.
The seventh star banishes the darkness.
-Hagah.

After he finished reading of the ancient manuscript, Takua was compelled by unknown force to step towards the lava pool. As if on cue, a golden Kanohi mask arose from the lava and Takua moved to grab it, not realising the possibility of being burnt. Fortunately, the mask somehow remained cool despite its magmatic surroundings, and therefore, Takua safely retrieved the Kanohi.

Hearing calls of his teamate, Takua responded and informed Jala of his discovery. But through the mask was protected from heat, Takua himself was not. A great wave of lava was heading in his way, and Takua knew not a way to avoid it, the stones that allowed him to arrive sunken.

Chapter 2-Reminiscence

Distruptor has found the very thing that Traitor hid in the before-time. This shall not pose any threat to my design. However, nothing is stopping me from making it harder for destiny to be fulfilled, and therefore, I manipulated elements to send molten rock in his way. We shall see whetever Distruptor can escape.

x-x-x

Before Takua could meet his doom, a tall figure armored in red and silver and riding on a lavaboard leaped from the top of the wave and saved the Matoran. There was no mistaking it: Takua’s savior was Tahu, Toa Nuva of Fire.

However, the pair was heading towards deep drop, where lava fell down into abyss. If Tahu judged the fall incorrectly, they could both end in red hot lava.When they reached the falls, Tahu, to avoid such possiblity, split his lavaboard back into Magma Swords and jabbed the blades into the cliff, using them to climb back upwards.

When Jala saw the hero carrying the chronicler, he felt great relief. Takua managed to accomplish much in such short amount of time, and lossing him would be great tragedy. These deeds were many. Despite being exiled from Ta-Koro, Takua suceeded at rescuing the Turaga from rahi and summoning the Toa, through he lost his memories in the process.

In his later wanderings, Takua managed to save the Ga-Koronans stuck underwater after the Takea attack, acted as eyes of temporaly blinded Toa Pohatu, solved the Onu-Koro lightstone crisis, and joined Kongu on the ill-fated Nui-Rama hive raid, before helping to defend Kini Nui from Makuta’s Rahi. For his deeds, Vakama named Takua the Chronicler.

And so, the two Ta-Matoran managed to get to the championship just in time for Turaga Vakama to ring the bell. The final round of Kohli tournament has just begun.

x-x-x

Unfortunately, despite their best attempts, Ta-Koro team placed the last. Unexpectedly, Ga-Koro managed to win, with supposed certain winners Po-Koro being confided to second place. Deflated Takua shifted his bag, and did so so carelessly that the great Kanohi mask he found slipped out of the luggage and into sight of everyone present.

“After being lost for more than thousand years, Kanohi Avohki, the Mask of Light was finally found! Coming of the seventh Toa shall now begin!” proclaimed Vakama.

3 Likes

I really like this! Can’t wait to read the next chapter!

1 Like

Chapter 3-Legend of Hagah

“Seventh Toa?” Toa Tahu asked. Idea of a seventh toa seemed alien to him. From moment he first spoke with Turaga Vakama, Tahu was told that he was one of six Toa. And now, same Turaga claims that a seventh Toa shall come?

“All shall be explained in due time.” said Turaga Vakama. After the Turaga of Ta-Koro finished his appeal to patience, the Turaga of Onu-Koro began his explanation.

“Toa, do you remember how when you descended into the Magnaia, that there were Manas crabs guarding Makuta?” spoke Turaga Whenua. All six of the Toa nodded. “Makuta once used to have another guardian. His name was Hagah.” Upon hearing the name, Takua remembered the text that was recorded on the ancient obelisk, and decided to recite it.

“Turaga, when I found the mask, there was written this!”

“There, a key is buried.
The key opens the seventh star.
The seventh star banishes the darkness.
-Hagah”

"Yes, the ancient text refers to Makuta’s former guardian. Like Manas, Hagah guarded the Makuta, but unlike them, Hagah was no Rahi. Hagah was to Makuta like Toa are to Mata Nui. However, when Makuta betrayed his brother, Mata Nui, and cast an evil spell upon the Great Spirit, Hagah acted against Makuta.

At the time, Makuta was in possession of the Mask of Light. Hagah took it, and hid it in Ta-Wahi, to be found in the time when it will be needed. However, Makuta discovered this defection, and buried Hagah deep underground, beneath the impenetrable rock layer."

Then, Turaga Nuju began speaking in Rahi tongue, and his Ko-Matoran translator Matoro began translating into form others present could understand.

“The manuscript is interpreted thusly: the key is the Kanohi, the stars are Toa, and darkness is Makuta. Now, we shall move onto the prophecies of Avohki. One who found the Kanohi of Light shall find the Toa of Light. Six Toa brought Makuta down, the seventh shall banish him from the island of Mata Nui. However, before that happens, Makuta shall have his revenge.”

“We just returned the peace to Mata Nui, but it seems a new danger looms over us” said Gali, Toa Nuva of Water. “You are correct, Toa Gali.” responded Turaga Nokama. “The sons of Makuta are upon us.”

1 Like