Blight Bringer a Dark Hunter

This is my take on a Dark Hunter build, trying to fit in with the aesthetic of the contest from 15 years ago. I love four armed builds, and find them always fun to behold. Enjoy!

39 Likes

Looks official. Good job

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Glad you like it.

2 Likes

exactly what I was abut to say. 100% could see this as a combo model of some sort.

4 Likes

Also, here he is to scale next to an unfortunate Bohrok.

@Winger Well, it is technically a combo model, just of about 8 sets. Many Bordakh, a couple Nuhvok, a blue Visorak and the leftover bits from Ultimate Dume. Also, some misc elements, but nothing too rare, I believe.

Edited for Double Post- Prentice1215

5 Likes

This thing just screams “cool” to me. The head and foot designs are both excellent, and overall it absolutely looks like a Dark Hunter. Four arms are awesome!

1 Like

Thank you very much! The head design went through the most variations before the final. Love your username; great callback to 01! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually came up with it in 2008 just because I like cows, but I’m glad it calls something back for you. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

A happy coincidence then! This is what I’m referencing:

They changed the name to Mata Nui Cow, I think, but I wish they’d kept it!

3 Likes

Ah, yes, I’ve seen that thing before on BS01. I wasn’t old enough in '01 to remember it from then, but MukausRock too. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of the name, the the build is absolutely fantastic. This absolutely looks like a 2005-era Dark Hunter.

2 Likes

nuuuu I love the word Blight

2 Likes

It was moreso the two-word name that I wasn’t a fan of. Blight on its own isn’t bad.

(I know there was Shadow Stealer, but still. I think the one-word names are cooler.)

2 Likes

Shadow Stealer was my one justification for a two word code name lol! There’s a Batman Beyond villain named Blight, so I didn’t want to just copy it. I’m happy you like the build though!

1 Like

Nailed the aesthetic!

I also love how the four arms look, really fits a DH.

2 Likes

Thanks! It was fun to work in a more retro style. @Nogus101

2 Likes

Indeed!:+1:
I also like how his back-mounted rhotuka-spinner actually folds out like the ones in the movie!:slightly_smiling_face::+1:

2 Likes

Welp. This is certainly a dark Hunter. 9/10
This is great moc that gives me ALL the 2004-2005 vibes great job!

3 Likes

Definitely like the look of this Moc, I would definitely imagine seeing this on toy store shelves with Sidorak and Ketongu, keep up the great work!

1 Like