Board CSS Update

it is indeed.

at least now i can cancel posting

While I like the new Category emblems, now there’s no easy way to go back to the Categories page from a specific category page and no option for new and unread topics in a category section.

Hey Var, Kahi, have you looked into the bug @DropletMagus reported?

Myself, @Middlefingerstudios, among others, have been suffering the same issue.

3 Likes

They aren’t done yet, so yeah. It’ll be fixed in a second :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: Wait, I actually don’t know what you’re talking about. Latest and new options were not effected by the icons and they were never accessible from category specific pages.

I need more details to look into it. When does it happen, what were you doing when it happened, where were you when it happened, and what are using, a phone, tablet, or computer.

Roger roger.

So far as I can tell it occurs fairly randomly.

Say when I come back to the tab, or whilst scrolling through messages or posts, it’ll just flash into what Droplet’s screenshot looked like, however briefly, before changing back to normal, but it still occurs.

I myself am just using my laptop when it happens.

phones and tablets are the skrubtier route

4 Likes

This has happened to me a few times today as well. (I’m also using a laptop, Windows 8)

1 Like

This has happened to me even before the CSS Update. The update did not cause this.

I believe this is probably happening whenever a new change has been made to boards.

For example, it may have just occurred recently because category emblems were just added. Basically it’s the boards detecting a new change and attempting to auto-update.

As long as changes aren’t being made, it shouldn’t happen. When it does happen, its indicating something was just changed and that a refresh might be required.

This is just my current theory though, I’ll keep in eye on it regardless.

How frequent is this?

4 Likes

Um, it hasn’t happened since posting the original inquiry, but prior to that, it’d happen what seemed like every few minutes or even seconds sometimes.

3 Likes

this may just be coincidence, but the only topics in the Hot Topics bar are MOC Topics.

Kay yep, then it’s dependent on changes like I suspected :stuck_out_tongue:

In that case, I’ll just fix everything off-site for now and compile all the changes so that I can add them all at one time rather then tiny little micro-updates every few minutes like I have been doing.

Hopefully that will fix things.

Yep, those are all topics that are currently popular. They’ve received the most combined likes and posts over the course of the week.

3 Likes

It just now happened three times in a row.

Apparently editing theme 2 effects theme 1 too… sigh da sigh.

2 Likes

RIP in RIP, Var’s Hopes and Dreams

3 Likes

I’ll just give it a rest for now XD

Tell me if it happens again.

3 Likes

Var pls.

2 Likes

I gave you a couple hours, let me work >: [

4 Likes

Well, to be fair, you did tell us to tell you if it happened again.

For all I know, there could have been some sort of other cause.

In any case, I apologize, and I’ll desist bugging you so you can resume.

4 Likes

Oh, yeah I know, 'twas kidding. Didn’t mean for that to come off as though you were bothering me : p

But yeah, I was the one that caused it.

4 Likes

If I may, I actually have a suggestion for the next big update.

Please allow us to embed imgur albums again.

If this isn’t under your control, please ask the provider to allow us to embed imgur albums again.

Thank you in advance.

-Vuhii

2 Likes