Bokarda [G3 Self-MOC][Non-Canon]

Image by @Noupix

“You were born to be a soldier, Gar. It’s what you’re best at.”

“Coming from the guy I can’t beat in sparring class.”

"That’s play-fighting. You work better under pressure than anyone else I know, including myself or your father. Trust me on this; Tiro needs you to be who you are. A soldier."

~Bokarda to Gar, on their graduation day.

Sex: Male
Age (Years 1-3): 26-28
Element: Earth
Region: Tiro
Attributes (Maximum of 10)

• Strength: 9
  • Toughness: 9
  • Agility: 8
  • Mind: 10

Primary Occupation: Healer
Secondary Occupation(s): Local Militia Guard/Scout, Rahi Enthusiast
Tool(s): Book Bag, Herbal Kit, Hunting Knife/Spearhead, Shield, Staff
G1 Mask: Faxon

Personality: Cautious, Good-Tempered, Inquisitive, Introverted, Persistent, Stoic, Virtuous.

Description: Bokarda is a Naho-Tiroan healer and member of his local militia. He sports a dark green Faxon.

Background: Bokarda was born to a Tiroan father and a Nahoin mother in the Tiro Basin. Growing up, he possessed a strong love for all living things, although this did not prevent him from play-fighting. Despite his extroverted activities, he was extremely shy and bashful. He was brought out from his shell under the instruction of Korgot, and he gradually made friends with his fellow classmates. Some of these friends included Kaj, the daughter of Korgot, and Gar, son of Captain Garan of the Tiroan Temple Guard. It was through Korgot that he met Bingzak, a hermit living in the deepest of the Deeproot Jungle.

While studying under Bingzak for a short period of time, Bokarda grew fascinated by the Rahi around him, as well as the properties of the plants they eat. Using his new passion, he began to study in the field of medicine and herbs, in which he graduated near the top of his class. After becoming a healer for his village, he also enlisted in the local militia, acting as both a guard and a forest scout. Because he was a scout, he was allowed to explore the region for an unlimited amount of time.

Year 1: When the island was suspended in time, Bokarda was on his way to visit the ruined Temple of Terak. Because he was suspended in time, he was unaware of the events surrounding the Toa. When he was finally unfrozen, he remained oblivious of the existence of the Toa, spending the remainder of the year in the jungles.

Year 2: Prior to the Artakhan Civil War, Bokarda was tracking a herd of Vako that had wandered into Ihu. Due to his remote location, he did not learn about the Civil War until after it had ended. He was mortified to learn of the deaths of his parents and a few of his closest friends, Kaj being one of them. After he had finished grieving for his losses, he learned about the existence of the Toa.

Abilities and Traits: Bokarda has a love for nature and the art of healing. He is highly-skilled in the field of medicine due to his strong mind, combining his formal training under Korgot with his mother’s Nahoin medical knowledge. During his various expeditions into the wild, he developed a potent antitoxin produced from mixing certain herbs with various aquatic Rahi venoms. This development has helped him achieve a naturally-heightened resistance to various contaminants, as well as help him develop a higher pain tolerance.

Bokarda has an inexplicable kinship with Rahi, regardless of whether or not they are naturally aggressive. The effect he has on Rahi has allowed him to study their movements, including daily habits and migration patterns, behavior around their kin and different species, and their various abilities. Throughout all of his expeditions into the wild, he has never been attacked by a Rahi, although he still carries weapons for self-defense. His connection to them was strengthened once Bingzak began to teach him more about them. Because of this, he has been noted to copy a few Rahi-like behaviors, such as sniffing food and drink before tasting it, cocking his head to the side when he hears an unknown sound, and making his footsteps nearly silent around others. In addition to this, his time spent with Rahi has helped develop his speed, reflexes, and agility.

Despite his docile nature, Bokarda has an uncommon love for sparring and play-fighting, although he abhors malicious violence. Because his mother was a former Arbiter and Owaki fighter in Naho, he possesses an unnaturally high degree of skill in staff and spear fighting by combining Nahoin martial arts with Tiroan wrestling. During his time studying in the temples, he would often spend his free time sparring with his fellow students, including the ones training for military service. This sparring has developed Bokarda’s high levels of strength and toughness. Due to his cautious and persistent nature, he has never lost a single sparring match, not even against Gar, who is considered one of the greatest fighters in Tiro. However, he has also never been involved in a real or competitive fight, which has raised question about his actual fighting prowess.

11 Likes

You didn’t already said this on the G3 moc topic?

1 Like

I realized that I wouldn’t be able to easily see everyone’s MOCs if they were all in one thread, so I decided to change it to people making their own MOC topics. That way, I could just put a link to their MOC topic in the initial post.

1 Like

Awesome! I will do this too!
You could put yourself in the Tiroan topic.

1 Like

This goes directly against the purpose of the topic. The Matoran Ideas thread and the ones @Bokarda made to separate all the Matorans were created to come up with new characters that could be cannonized one day by the cast and used in the story.

The Self-MOCs are and always were strictly non-canon, and I highly, highly doubt the cast will ever even consider otherwise.

2 Likes

Uhh… Bokarda put my-self MOC in the Mangaian topic.
He put Vladin as an Elite Guard member. A nobody, but he is there.

1 Like

@AntrozT6: I forgot about that rule with the Self-MOCs, and I will fix that in the Mangaian topic.

@Toa_Vladin: Is there anyway you could possibly create a different character for the position of Elite Guard? I’ll put your Self-MOC in the Self-MOC topic.

1 Like

i think you should make a buildable figure for this amazing concept

1 Like

You could just change his name from Vladin in Vlady (?). I am lazy to invent another name, but there is no reason to make another figure.

1 Like