Brickbots writings and ramblings

Big Trouble in Southern Stelt.

Date: Twenty-five hundred years prior to the evacuation the GSR.

The mission was simple all things considered; travel to Stelt and find that trader who knew about the location of Artakha, and, assuming it could be located, destroy the map containing the islands’ location. All things considered, Varkaan should have had no problem completing this task, except for one issue; the Sakdi was currently trapped in the gladiatorial-slave pits. Now he didn’t do anything to warrant this, except for talking back to the wrong clan leader, and punching out said clan leaders favorite lacky, and accidentally setting free a Kane-Ra meant for the pits, but it still didn’t change the fact that people were overreacting.

Now here Varkaan was, sitting in the musty, torch lit dungeons that held within their walls all manner of degenerates, savages, and mutant abominations itching to slaughter one another. For any other of his kind, this would be a brilliant opportunity, a chance to further perfect their skills in combat and wanton destruction. Unfortunately, Varkaan was not like most Skakdi, true he had the winning smile and brilliant scarlet eyes like most Skakdi, but that appetite for violence was never something he possessed. In terms of temperament, Varkaan might just be the least Skakdi-like Skakdi in the universe. But that was besides the point, for Varkaan had only one thing on his mind; I’ve got to get off of this Mata-Nui forsaken island.

“Hey. Hey you…. Bruiser.”

“WHAT!” The Bruiser shouted as he turned to face the Skakdi.

“Why don’t you come here, maybe we can play some cards.”

The Bruiser waddled over to the cell and grimaced at Varkaan, or at least the Skakdi figured that was grimacing, Bruiser faces aren’t exactly the best at showing emotion, though they could be read just like a knowledge tablet written by a Ko-Matoran.

“Oh please,” the Bruiser said smugly “we all know your kind are too stupid for anything like that.”

You’re one to talk you illiterate pile of Muaka leavings.

“Oh, come now friend, you’re already over here, why make it a wasted trip?” Upon hearing these words, the Bruiser reached through the bars and grabbed Varkaan by the throat, pulling him close. “Now listen here, we are not friends, so shut up or I’ll tear that fancy claw of yours off and beat you with it.

“Of. Course,” Varkaan said through the struggle of having his wind pipe compressed “just. One. Thing.”

“What?”

Varkaan looked at the Bruiser, now with eyes glowing a soft magenta color. “Relax,” the Skakdi said in a voice which sounded like dozens talking at once. The Bruiser suddenly loosened his grip, a wave of calmness overtaking his mind.

“Now,” Varkaan stated, “what say you come in and we enjoy that game of cards like I suggested?”

“Gladly,” the bruiser gently replied. He reached for the keys which hung from his waste, unlocked the cell door and opened it, blissfully walking into the small dungeon room and leaving the door wide open. “Very good,” Varkaan uttered before a pair or brilliant red beams flew from his eyes, striking the Bruiser, who quickly found his body transforming into stone, leaving only his eyes in their natural state. As suddenly as the feeling of bliss came upon him, an intense mixture of panic and rage overtook the bruiser’s mind, but only the rapid movement of his eyes were able to convey that. “Don’t worry friend,” Varkaan stated in his normal voice, “you should return to normal in an hour or so, provided nobody smashes you into building material first.” With that Varkaan patted the Bruiser on the shoulder and exited his cell.

The Skakdi hurried down the dusty halls, surely the exit won’t be too hard to locate. “Hey!” a bellowing voice from the other end of the hall shouted. Of course, I went the wrong way . Varkaan turned to see two Bruisers and a wheel of glowing energy careening through the air toward him, forcing the Skakdi to drop on the ground. And they have Rhotuka, what a surprise . At that, Varkaan began focusing on his right arm, the pincered claw starting to light up with the same magenta glow as his eyes. He pointed his artificial hand at the two guards as the headed towards him and unleashed the energy, striking the ground and bathing the two in a swirl of energy, depriving both of consciousness.

Varkaan stepped over the two and made his way to the exit where he was greeted by the fresh air of, well, the air wasn’t fresh but it was still better than the dungeons. Varkaan made his way across the city, weaving through the alleyways to avoid a run in with the local authorities, slowly making his way to his target. The Skakdi turned the corner, then suddenly found himself on the floor, a Bruiser standing over him. The Bruiser turned around and the feeling of anger radiating from him quickly erupted into pure rage. He grabbed at Varkaan’s neck. Not again .

“You cost me a lot of widgets Skakdi,”

“How. So?”

“That Kane-Ra was supposed to fight a pair of Tarakava, but thanks to you they had to put it down.” The Bruiser threw Varkaan to the ground. “I had so much riding on that fight, and now I’m going to take it out on your skull!”

The Bruiser locked his hand together and raised them up, ready to smash in Varkaan’s torso, only to quickly see the Skakdi’s eyes flash red, and suddenly lose all feeling throughout his body. Thank Mata-Nui I have that power . Varkaan turned only to realize that there were witnesses to what just occurred. Varkaan saw quick to backtrack, if his lead was correct, the target was only a few more blocks away.

“Attention citizens of Stelt,” a raspy voice from a creaking loud speaker stated, “be on the lookout for a Skakdi who has escaped from the gladiatorial pits, assaulted some of our finest citizens including the head general of our clan’s militia, unleashed a dangerous rahi on the civilian population, and has repeatedly disturbed the peace. The perpetrator is clad in sapphire and gold armor and is sporting a large claw in place of his right arm. Our glorious clan leader Tyhmet has placed a 10,000 widget bounty on his head.”

Well, isn’t this fantastic . Just two more blocks to go, Varkaan could eliminate his target, and get off of this horrendous Island. Suddenly, a stream of various projectiles came flying overhead, and the ones who unleashed them were quickly closing the gap. The skakdi once again turned around, making his way back to and then moving around the Bruiser who he caused to lose widgets. Forget the stealth approach, at least on the street it’ll be easier to dodge all these attacks . There it was, the building which his target called home. Varkaan raced to the building and began scaling the ladder. He reached the roof and began descending the stairs. Eighth floor, twenty-third room, our informants placed the target as living there. Varkaan opened the door; sitting at a desk across from him, a Steltian, clad in emerald armor was looking over different tablets, looked up and over his shoulder.

“You’re that Skakdi they put a bounty on.”

“News travels fast, doesn’t it?”

“Well, they did announce it on the cities loud speakers,” the Steltian said snidely, “You must have angered some pretty powerful people if they made an announcement like that.”

“You could say something like that, anyhow let’s get down to business, shall we?”

“And just what kind of business do you have with me?”

Varkaan heard a rustling noise, footsteps and shouts, it was then he knew what had to be done. The Skakdi looked at his target, his eyes glowing a vibrant magenta color, his voice becoming like that of dozens. “You like me, don’t you?”

“Yeah,” the Steltian said, his mind warming up to his visitor.

“You’d call me your friend, correct?”

“I suppose I would.”

“And friends wouldn’t let friends get hurt now, would they?”

“No,” the Steltian said with a tinge of concern, “who wants to hurt you?”

“Some nasty individuals,” Varkaan said, “they want to do terrible things to me and I would certainly appreciate it if you would try and stop them.”

“Of course, friend!” The Steltian rose from his chair, grabbed his rhotuka launcher and headed out the door. Varkaan meanwhile went to work tearing apart the room, looking for the tablet with Artakha’s location. There were shouts coming from the hall, and the faint smell of ash; he had a disintegration rhotuka, good thing he didn’t use that on me .

After overturning everything, Varkaan failed to find what he needed. It has to be hidden somewhere . Varkaan bent down, placing his good hand on the floor; he focused on his surrounding, and suddenly, a kinetic wave, weak enough to go unnoticed by most erupted from the Skakdi’s hand and radiated out. Just as quickly it returned to Varkaan. He did this multiple times over, building a mental map of the surrounding area. Varkaan smirked, he had found it. The Skakdi moved to the corner of the room and grabbed at the floor tile, lifting it up and turning it over, a map depicting the route one would need to take to reach Artakha. Varkaan quickly threw the tablet to the ground, smashing it into dozens of pieces before sweeping up different shards and throwing them out the window, where they were further reduced to rubble.

A sharp scream suddenly erupted from the hallway. Varkaan looked out and saw the emerald clad Steltian on the floor, a Vortixx standing over with large axe plunged in the Steltians chest while another Skakdi swung his sword down into the Steltians head. The pair then realized that the source of all this fighting was watching them and they began making their way to the room. Varkaan looked around and it suddenly dawned on him what he needed to do. I’m going to hate myself if this doesn’t work .

Varkaan ran to the window and jumped out towards the building across the alley. The Skakdi’s artificial arm quickly reconfigured itself, where there used to be a pincer claw was now a large hook which plunged into the brick ledge of the building, allowing Varkaan to hoist himself onto the roof.

The Skakdi looked down at the street, dozens of mercenaries and bruisers were crowding the street, trying to get into the building he was last seen entering. Varkaan quickly noticed a glow coming from his left, and quickly fell to the ground as a rhotuka flew past him. Another rhotuka flew overhead, this one seemingly alerting those looking for the Skakdi to his presence, as he soon heard the distant sound of a door being forced open. Varkaan sprinted across the roof to a ladder and slid down to the alley.

“There he is!” A particularly ugly mercenary shouted.

With that Varkaan made his way down the alley.

“I hate Stelt I hate Stelt I hate Stelt I hate Stelt!”

Varkaan found himself suddenly halted when a large dagger flew into the fence in front of him. Three mercenaries walked toward thee Skakdi, another two coming from the alley Varkaan had been sprinting through. As the group edged closer followed by a tall sixth member, Varkaan began channeling energy into his claw, ready to go down fighting. Before he could do anything else, energy tendrils wrapped around the five mercenaries, crushing one against the floor, throwing two of them through a building and slamming the remaining two into one another.

“Well, you took your sweet time Botar.”

“I didn’t take my time; I was only wondering how long it would take you to get somewhere I could fit.”

“What about when I was on the roof of that building?”

“Did you see how easily those two went through the wall, there’s no way it could hold me,” Botar declared, “Also Helryx is going to have a field day when she finds out how much damage you’ve done.”

“Hey,” Varkaan shouted angerly, “it’s not my fault they overreacted!”

“Perhaps, want to see how much more trouble we can cause?”

“Botar, I never want to set foot on this island again, not get me out of here!”

“Consider it done.”

The two then vanished, leaving the various mercenaries and Bruisers hunting a bounty they’ll never have the opportunity to claim.

I figured I’d be better of just making a single thread to post any short stories I might write in the future instead of making multiple threads and causing clutter. Expect this to be mainly Bionicle related.

6 Likes

cool story

1 Like

Seeds of a Kingdom

Date ninety-five thousand years prior to the evacuation of the GSR.

The indignity of it all , that was all Pridak could think about. The idea that the Brotherhood would assign him such a worthless section of land to one such as himself was outrageous. No notable resources, located in a region completely devoid of any tactical or economic value. It’s as if those self-righteous scientists did not trust Pridak, and why shouldn’t they? He had been nothing but loyal, always taking care to fulfill the requests of his master’s without fail. But in the end, it clearly meant nothing, as all that came from it was this small, worthless rock off the coast of the southern continent. The indignity of it all .

“Lord Pridak.”

The shrill voice snapped Pridak out of his self-pity. Standing before him was a short, ash colored being bearing a Hau. If it were not for the blazing red marking which adorned his armor, Pridak would never guess the being standing before him was a fellow Haikon.

“What is it Sphyrin?”

“My lord, I come bearing a message from the Brotherhood of Makuta.”

“What kind of message do the Brotherhood see fit to bestow upon me?”

“Well, my lord,” Sphyrin responded as he fumbled with a tablet marked with that seal which declared to all where those tablets origins lie. “This message come from Miserix himself, and it is of most vital urgency.”

Not urgent enough to have one of his own deliver it . “And that message is?”

“Makuta Miserix desires that you”- Pridak found himself incapable of caring about what the Makuta had to say, after all, if he was important enough to receive a message, no, knowing them it was more akin to a demand, from the Leader of the brotherhood, it was a sign he was important enough to have been awarded a more lucrative position by them. The Great Spirit himself surely believes as much .

Pridak held up his hand, bringing silence to his servant. Pridak stood from his chair and walked past Sphyrin, waving a hand to indicate that the messenger was to follow him. Pridak exited his chamber into the main hall, dimly lit with lightstones suspended by old, rusted chains anchored to the massive arches which formed the roof. The pair strode down the hall, flanked on all sides by guards armed with ornately designed spears and shields. In between those guards were columns, each bearing murals depicting the most ancient history of the Haikon people.

Pridak reached the end of the hall, where he was met by a pair of massive doors, each having been built with some of the highest quality wood in the universe. Pridak opened the door to a long staircase leading from his fortress to the streets below.

“Look out to the village Sphyrin, what is it you see?”

Sphyrin looked down at the village, various old huts, crafted from mud and stone shared space with newer, larger buildings adorned with chimneys bellowing smoke at a constant rate. “Why, I see the village we common folk call home my lord.”

“Yes I figured that much, but what about the village do you see?”

“Well,” Sphyrin responded nervously, “I see many chimneys spewing smoke out into the air.”

“Very good Sphyrin, now what does that say about or home?”

“That the common folk shall be kept warm in the event of a cold spell?”

“No,” Pridak uttered, “industry has arrived on these shores, the ability to craft great weapons and tools, the kinds of things empires are built upon!”

“I suppose you speak the truth my lord.”

“You suppose?” Pridak inquired with a tinge of anger. “I suppose nothing, for I know that these people, MY PEOPLE,” He shouted while waving a hand towards the village, “are currently hard at work creating those tools. But…”

“But, what, my lord?”

“Look around you Sphyrin, this island is so small, I can see both coasts from here. It is so miniscule that it is unlikely we can maintain this level of progress for more than a century. It is so, so, insignificant,” Pridak growled, “that it lacks both a name and a proper place on any map of the Southern Continent.”

Sphyrin gazed around him, lord Pridaks words were filled with nothing but the truth, their home really was nothing worth getting excited about. Even before lord Pridak began enacting his economic reforms, their small home was nothing worth noting, it was devoid of most life, save for some small patches of grassland to the south and some Mahi herds tended to by the small Matoran population that also called this place home. They weren’t even aware of the large deposits of protodermis below the surface, though it was soon discovered that these deposits would not last for too long.

“My lord, if I may be so bold to ask, what has brought this on?”

“Tell me Sphyrin, have you ever heard of Xia?”

“The name is familiar my lord, though I cannot say I know what exactly it is.”

Pridak let out a small chuckle. “Xia is an island to the north. It is from there that many of the most powerful weapons and works of industrial ingenuity originate. I still remember going there with my former master Icarax. Almost every building was being used to manufacture something, thousands upon thousands spending every waking moment toiling away in the name of profit. It was beautiful.”

“Do you wish to transform our home into the next Xia my lord?”

“Don’t make me laugh, our home is dwarfed by Xia in every respect of the word. My ambitions, lay beyond it.”

“I’m afraid I don’t quite understand my lord.”

Pridak looked down at his servant, the icey blue eyes piercing into him. It was as if Pridak was suffocating Sphyrin’s vary spirit.

“Tell me, have you heard the stories surrounding the last time the Great Spirit directly communicated with us?”

“Well,” Sphyrin said nervously, “they say that Mata-Nui bestowed upon six chosen beings the right to rule the universe.”

“Exactly.” Pridak responded, the most wicked grin Sphyrin had ever witnessed plastered across his lord’s face.

“My lord,” Sphyrin muttered, barely hiding his fear, “Are you saying that you are one of those six?”

“Yes Sphyrin, I am one of those six.”

“And what of the others?”

“None of them are likely to be worth bringing up compared to me, but when the time comes, they should prove to be useful allies. Now, I want you to send a message to the Brotherhood, inform them that I will no longer be able to provide them any aid.”

“Understood my lord.”

Sphyrin retreated into the fortress, Pridak remaining at the threshold. It was quite clear to him now why the Brotherhood had cast Pridak aside and relocated him to this rock; they’re afraid . The brotherhood is fearful of what will happen when Pridak, one of those six beings chosen by Mata-Nui himself to govern the universe takes his place as a divinely chosen lord of the universe. No, not a mere lord, I shall be a king .

I’ll fully admit, the prospect of trying to write official characters is something I’m worried that I’ll mess up on. But the way I see it it was bound to occur eventually so I might as well start with one of my personal favorite villains.

2 Likes

The way this is written is rather nice, I like this “origin” story for Pridak.

1 Like

FIGHT FOR THE LIGHT

Date: One year after the evacuation of the GSR.

A new world, new chances to find them . Such were the thoughts purveying Seekers mind, the desire, no, the need to find the Hagah, those Toa, those metallic armored fiends who dared to steal it. Yes, they stole it , that great artifact which Seeker had been trusted with guarding; the Avohkii. The Makuta made it his duty to guard the mask, and what a prize to guard it was, shimmering, golden, it almost seemed to glow, as if the great energy within the mask could not be contained. And no wonder it was so spectacular, that mask had been crafted by the legendary maskmaker himself, to have it again would no doubt bring great joy and prestige to Seeker.

Yes, yes, it shall belong to me again . For some weeks now, Seeker had been wandering, searching for any clue as to the Hagah’s location. For it was on his first mission from the Shadowed One that Seeker was made aware of something most interesting; a Toa, clad in gold and white armor, carrying a pair of staffs, capable of shooting great beams of light. It was one of the Hagah no doubt, clearly one of those Toa had realized the greatness of the mask and took it for themselves along with one of their staffs. Yes, that was it, even the Toa knew their vows were nothing next to that brilliant kanohi .

Seeker scampered across the cliffs, a dusty valley sitting at the feet of the mountain. It just so happened that a Vortixx had seen a Toa heading west across this mountain range some days ago, towards the lands under jurisdiction of the United Tribes. But seeker had acquired a map of the region, showing various passages, all scrawled on this strange, delicate material, paper it was called. If he followed the right path, Seeker should be at the western entrance of the mountain passage by the end of the week, and hopefully have succeeded in cutting off the Toa, then he could claim the mask for himself.

The sun was setting soon, but it mattered not, as Seekers large eyes were well suited for seeing in low light environments. He kept north, some miles more and he will have reached the western bend, and soon be out of this desolate region. But then, something caught Seekers eye, in the distance, on the cliffside below, there was something shiny, and it was moving. Seeker pulled out his telescope and looked towards the shimmering being; it was a Toa, carrying two great staffs. Seeker let out a shrill, coarse chuckle.

“Yes,” he growled to himself, “the Toa, the Toa is right there.”

Seeker quickened his pace, desiring nothing more than to close the distance with his target. Within no time, Seeker would soon be facing down the Toa, his hand grasping the Avohkii. A bright flash suddenly erupted from the Toa’s location, causing Seeker to reel back and grasp at his eyes, burning from the sudden flash. Once his eyes no longer burned, Seeker looked back at the ledge the Toa had been at, nobody was there. Seeker let out a violent screech, the Toa was his, the mask was his. This can’t be happening again .

He looked on ahead, but could not see the Toa. Seeker looked down, the cliff sloped downward, there was no place the Toa could have hidden, and he did not see any gold clad beings on the lower ledge, it was as if the Toa had disappeared. Enraged, Seeker struck at the cliffs edge with his staff, bringing about a tremor and sending small rocks down the mountain. Something caught Seekers eye however; some of the dust appeared to have settled in the air. Seeker knocked a pebble off the edge, it hit something. Seeker raised his staff, then the dust was kicked up by something invisible, and that something was making footsteps heading down the path. Seeker struck the ground, causing a large swath of ground before him to collapse onto the path below, or at least it should have. Once the dust settled, Seeker noticed a faint glow piercing through the dust. Making his way to the lower path, Seeker brushed aside some of the dust; there was a dome, composed of hard light.

Seeker peered into the dome, kneeling inside it was the Toa, both staffs raised in the air, the blades glowing a soft yellow. That wasn’t all though, the Toa was wearing the Avohkii. Seeker tapped on the dome, the Toa looked up and waved the staffs, causing the far end of the dome to slope up, sending the rocks and dust tumbling towards Seeker, forcing the Dark Hunter to scuttle away. Seeker turned back towards the Toa just in time to be blasted in the chest by a beam of light, knocking Seeker off his legs. The Toa ran towards Seeker, one staff raised in the air and the other held across his chest. Seeker regained his footing and met the Toa’s blade with his own staff.

The two grappled with one another, neither willing to give up ground for fear of being knocked over the edge. Not even a flash of light depriving Seeker of his sight was able to force the Dark Hunter to stand down. The Toa took another swing at Seeker, who caught the blade on one of the hooks of his own staff. Seeker fought with the Toa for control of the intertwined blades, eventually forcing the staff out of the Toa’s hand. The Dark Hunter charged at the Toa, continually striking at his staff to deprive him of all weapons. Then the Toa jumped towards the upper cliff, hoisting himself above the Dark Hunter. Seeker plunged his staff into the ground, causing the cliffside to begin crumbling from beneath the Toa’s feet, forcing the Toa to surrender the higher ground.

Seeing his opportunity, Seeker charged at the Toa as he regained his footing, knocking him to the ground. Pinning the Toa’s arms with his forelegs, Seeker reached down and tore the Avohkii from his opponent’s face.

“Yes, yes, yes, yes, the mask is mine again.”

Seeker became so enamored in his long sought-after prize that he failed to notice the Toa pointing his staff towards Seekers chest, only becoming aware when he got blasted off the Toa, though the attack failed to make him lose his grip on the Kanohi. The Toa raised his staff toward the Dark Hunters head;

“Give me that mask back.”

“It was never yours to have Toa.”

“It doesn’t belong to you either monster!”

“The Makuta gave me the task of keeping it safe, but you and your kin stole it!”

“My Kin?” The Toa inquired, “what Kin do you speak of?”

“Don’t waste your time acting naïve, you stole this mask from its home, leaving me a disgrace.”

“I stole nothing, that mask was encased in stone when I found it as a Matoran.”

“Such lies are unfitting for a Toa.”

With that Seeker struck the Toa in the chest, stood up and began scuttling away. The Toa regained his footing, grabbed his light staffs, and made chase. Seeker struck the ground, creating a tremor and knocking the Toa off his feet. The Toa focused his slowly dwindling energy into his staffs and unleashed a massive wave of light energy, completely engulfing the Dark Hunter. As Seeker stumbled around blindly, his staff was suddenly knocked from his hand and he felt something pulling at the Avohkii. The two were now wrestling for the Kanohi, Seeker blindly flailing his free arm around, and the toa barely avoiding the hits from the large fist. The Toa then raised up one of his staffs and struck at Seekers left arm with the blunt side of his blade, forcing the Dark Hunter to relinquish his grip on the mask. Placing it back on, the Toa channeled his energy into his staffs, encasing Seeker in a cage of hard light.

“I don’t know who got this mask out of the Makuta’s hands,” the Toa said snidely “but I’ll be sure to thank them if I ever meet them.”

With those words, the Toa left Seeker in the cage, the Dark Hunter letting out a bestial scream at his new foe.

Not much to say about this really, I just figured this would be an interesting encounter to see.

2 Likes

well now that we know their canon appearances, you can!
also nice story :wink:

2 Likes