BrickFair Virginia 2016

Oh, no, I actually visited the area.

1 Like

its safe to say that “Brickfair Virginia 2016” was awesome. and I think everyone who went thinks so too, if i’m wrong please correct me. for me it was great because I got to hang out with people who think like me when it comes to lego( especially Bionicle :smile: ). I got to meet cast members of ttv, also was allowed to perform some magic for them, which I hope they liked(they made a video, should be able to see me perform for them sometime soon).

But tell me, what did you like about Brickfair Virginia 2016? the mocs? the people? Write your answer and we can discuss it here on the ttv message boards! :grinning:

1 Like

Sounds awesome, though unfortunately I live on the opposite side of the country…so rip me…

3 Likes

what about next year? @Saxton

Probably not, though I’ll see when the time comes.

I like the bit where it’s in America…

3 Likes

I liked the part were i couldn’t go because its in another country and im cursed to see people having a great time

although i shouldn’t complain because of RTX australia. Now that was amazing
3 Likes

That was me, I made that last year at halloween. It was cool to meet the TTV cast in person, and I commend the person who brought a Solek set to be signed.

I got my picture with TTV as well:

@Jon trying to quickly put his phone away:

And some other things I saw in the Bionicle section:
Mosaics of the 2015 Toa:

But when you look at it from a different angle…

And also:

25 Likes

I actually am gonna make one of those double sided mosaics after seeing them.
Oh, and @Joe brought a Solek Canister to sign, if that’s who you’re talking about.

1 Like

So are you guys (as in the TTV cast) ever going to go to any other conventions again? I didn’t want to take pictures or have you sign stuff because I thought it would be impolite, but in hindsight I really regret not doing so. It was still awesome to meet you guys though. :grinning:

Brickfair was a great time! All the MOCs brought to the con were all very impressive, and meeting a lot of people from the BIONICLE community was really fun!

If I had to choose some highlights for me of the event, they would have to be:

• Meeting most of the members of the TTV Podcast, as well as Shadowgear’s crew and abunch of people from BZPower
  • Helping to finish up the BIONICLE mosaics (I made the top quarter of Gali Mata, the far right side of Tahu Mata, and the lower-center portion of Tahu Mata)
  • Working on the Ghostbusters / Destiny’s Bounty builds, and
  • Handing out a bunch of masks to people (4 or 5 Copper Masks of Victory to TTV, as well as my last 2 SDCC Skull Scorpio to Shadowgear and Alieraah)

I’m looking forward to next year (and maybe actually bringing a MOC this time). I hope I get to meet more new people next year, as well as everyone else from this year as well!

EDIT: I forgot to say this, but I also got the first and last BIONICLE comics signed by them!

15 Likes

I think I met a couple other boards members, but didn’t realize it.

Next year everyone who goes should get T-shirts with their avatar on the front and their username on the back.

7 Likes

Yeah, pretty much.
XP

Here’s my copy of Brick by Brick @IllustriousVar @Eljay @Mesonak @Black_Viper @Jon and @Spider-Ven signed, as well as the Miru @Eljay signed.

Looking over this I think I recognized a few of you there. I wish I got more of a chance to talk to people from the community. I barely had enough time to go over all the MOCs though :P.

16 Likes

Wow… I didn’t realize just how bad I felt about not going until I read all of these posts. XD
I really can’t wait till next year. At least this gives me time to get to know some of you guys so I can recognize people when I go. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

uUuRrRRRgGgGGHHHhhhHHH
I’m so mad that I missed Brickfair.
I forgot the date. :rage::sob::tired_face:
And the worst thing is… it took place less than 5 miles away from my house.
WHY ME
WHHHYYYYY

3 Likes

Been back home for roughly 24 hours now. Gonna take a moment to type this out.

That week was quite possibly the most fun I have ever had in my entire life. I can say with certainty, having met the other five, that I do have friends. I have friends, and they just aren’t here right now. But I await every day with baited breath until the time we get to meet up again.

Absolutely everything was fantastic. I had an absolute blast getting to hang out with my friends, with people I’ve known for roughly 7 years. Singing in the car, laughing, recording, shopping, just relaxing - all of it was a blast. And then, meeting fans. I haven’t quite yet experienced as much of a humbling experience as that one. Getting to meet you all and sign things was spectacular, and I had a great time doing it. I’m eager to do it again.

Over all, sign me up for next year. I want to be there. I want everyone from TTV to be there. I can not wait, and I’m excited for everything that is in store for us in the year to come.

Thank you to everyone for coming out to see us. Thank you to the parents who brought their sons and daughters to the convention, to see thousands of amazing creations, and to let them say hi to us.

And thank you, Mesonak, Varderan, Kahi, Venom and Viper for being not just my only friends, but easily my best friends.

Catch you all on the flip side.

22 Likes

It’s either you’re a tall dude or the rest of TTV is short.

Who made those? Those murals are sick.

1 Like