Brickonicle Contest Entry: The Nui Rama Invade Le-Koro

moved to the Lego Creation Category -square
This is probably my favorite Le-Koro variant by far, shaping all around is excellent and Nui-Rama are unique as well-

1 Like

There’s a wonderful detail to the huts in particular, but also the scenery in general.The Nui-Rama are clever-looking builds with some nice differences between them to mimic the original set. The only things I’d add would be a function to make the ladder/bridge between the huts collapse and another minfigure or two; three seems just a bit low for a $70 set. Maybe include Turaga Matau?

This is freaking fantastic!!!
My only complaint is that I feel the Nui Rama eyes should be trans dark blue.

Don’t forget to post this to the Offical Contest topic in order for it to be considered entered!

Thats a nice price for something like this

Wow! This is really nice! I like the Nui-Rama and the golden Miru in the tree trunk.

The figures aren’t the greatest that I’ve seen for this contest but that build more than makes up for it.

Wow, the detail in this is absolutely amazing. The minis aren’t half bad either.

@HewksDKowlihad Thanks! Yeah, took some inspiration from that and a few other famous jungle or forest huts. I hadn’t built anything for a while, and I had a lot of fun with this one :slight_smile:

@Square Thanks! And thanks for the move, too-- this is one of my first posts to the boards and I’m still figuring things out :stuck_out_tongue:

@Scorpion_Strike Yeah, including Matau is probably a pretty good idea. In terms of pricing, when I originally thought about building this, I considered Bag End (or ‘an unexpected gathering’ or whatever) as a pricing guide in terms of how many parts I should use. That does include a few more figs and retains its $70 value, so I’ll consider it.

@Jack_Frost Thank you, friend! Nearly all of the pieces but 2 or 3 are LEGO elements made by TLG in the colors presented here, so I figured that I could just use the bright light blue heads which I knew were made for the Hero Factory minifigures. I didn’t think to look into whether or not they make fig heads in trans-blue, though, so that may also be a possibility while still maintaining the realism of the colors here.

Edited for Quadruple Post - Waj

Hey @AIDY_the_BOOKLE, please read our rules on posting more than once in a row, as we do not allow it when you are replying to multiple people: Rules on Double Posting. Thanks! - Waj

2 Likes

Impressive, I like how the huts were integrated into the trees without looking too out of place. The level of detail and the designs of the Nui Rama are also quite nice.

@Waj Definitely, sorry about that! I’ll be sure not to double post in the future.

@Eljay How do I post it to the topic? Sorry, just started out here ^^;

1 Like

Just copy and paste the link to this topic in a post over in the Contest topic. Generally the same as replying to posts here.

1 Like

@Eljay Thank you!

@Pavetsukkeli Thanks! There’s a light brick that illuminates the Miru as well :smiley: I’ve always really liked Nui-Rama, and now it’s kinda neat to have some brick-built ones.

@Xevins Yeah, I’m not a big fan of the figures here, but Stud.io doesn’t have many minifig pieces. Ideally they’d have either helmets like the HF minifigs or moulded visors.

@BBricks Thanks! I love building details in.

@Stoax Thank you! Yeah, I did a lot of sketches before building. Maybe I’ll upload a few of them here just for fun.

The build of the tree huts and nui rama is wonderful.

The minifigs are a bit lackluster tho.

looks good, but isn’t that a bit expensive?

Beautiful.

@Dragon_Ben Thank you! The minifigs are lackluster, but I posted a drawing of an ideal figure. I’m at college and don’t have the ability to actually customize a fig, so that’ll have to do.

@Kojo Potentially a bit expensive, but with the figures I thought that it might even out. It is a bit too much for $59.99 and LEGO doesn’t sell sets for $64.99.

@Leoxandar Thank you, friend! :blush:

I particularly like your drawing of Lewa’s mini figure.

1 Like

@tahtorak Thanks! :blush: It was lots of fun to make.

Hi! I made a set using your Nui-Rama as a base (and credited you of course)! Love your design! https://twitter.com/SmallLightProds/status/1261377859005759489/photo/1