[Brickonicle] Fire Village Raid Retaliation

This villager coming from the water
Geez, it’s like you’re not even trying to look at my evidence.
And yes I do, this is CONCEPT art meaning that they where exploring ideas.
We can let the word perspective be the key word for today. You can see it your way, I can see it mine.

Even if it’s a villager, due to (wait for it) perspective it still will come to the about the same proportions as previous models of Tahu.

And this discussion is going nowhere.

yeah, since it still is further from us than tahu is.

Ok clearly you’re not comprehending what I’m saying. If Tahu is the same size as the villagers, then WHY is the creature I circled in red, in the back, BIGGER than the villager on the beach, who is closer to us. Tahu is clearly much bigger than the creature in front of him

no, that’s NOT what we’re saying.

we’re saying that the villagers should be bigger. like, 1/2 size.

in actuality, or in the image?

'cause in the image, their torsos are roughly the same size.

1 Like

Why are you guys hassling him about it not being C A N O N A C C U R A T E?

It’s his entry/concept, loosely based on his interpretation of a concept art page

There is no “YOU CAN’T MAKE TAHU BIG THATS NOT ALLOWED” rule, the entire idea behind the contest is that it’s open to interpretation. It’s the participant’s take on how Bionicle could look as a system line. He thought it would be cool if the Toa were massive; there’s nothing inherently wrong with that.

As for the build itself, I like it quite a bit! The village gate looks neat and I’m a big fan of how you made Makuta. The only thing majorly lacking here is Tahu, whose awfully flat and looks like he’d be awkward to pose.

3 Likes

Because it’s honestly kind of odd to see a Toa sized being-who is just over a head taller than a villager (roughly) be almost four times bigger AND the size of a castle, when from almost any way you slice it that’s simply not the case.

Um, no, it isn’t. If anything, it’s closer.
Now, I don’t think it’s supposed to be a villager (looks like some kind of bird thing to me) but KLC is right in that regard: that thing, whatever it is, is the size of Tahu’s foot.

~W12~

That is within the paradigm of what lego has made previously. Jarring or not, it isn’t anyone’s place to say that Bionicle couldn’t use that scale. It could work, regardless of whether you’re impressed with the execution here.

Likewise, what about all of the entries wherein Skull Warriors and Kulta stand at exactly the same height(a height that is the same, if not a bit shorter than the Toa as well). Perhaps it’s not as significant a difference as a Toa being as tall as Makuta, but it isn’t accurate.

Furthermore, why don’t you stand a Toa Inika next to, say, an '01 Turaga? They canonically existed at the same time but the height and size difference is massive. Even so, that’s just kind of been accepted as how it is.

Point is, this idea of how Toa should be scaled might be different, but that doesn’t mean it’s necessarily wrong or bad.

1 Like

Actually, the heights of sets are not all completely to scale.

Then why is Tahu Stars small? That’s supposed to be a 1-1 scale with his Mata form, which would suggest that the scale hasn’t changed. Take that another step, and you can see that Gresh(if the Mata Nui Saga is to be trusted) is smaller than Mata Nui, but as we know, is also the same size as Tahu Mata.

Why would the Turaga Metru be any bigger?

If you have a source that says otherwise, my argument is fully null and void, but I don’t recall ever hearing that the scale changed throughout G1.

1 Like

cough cough Greg Farshtey cough

OK, OK,

I Admit Defeat.

Cool to see some one taking inspiration from that art. I don’t understand all this P E R S P E C T I V E mumbo jumbo, it’s pretty clear Tahu’s supposed to be huge, and I think you pulled it of pretty well.

1 Like

Solid build, neat figures.

Y’all sound like a bunch of flat earthers, mad about a little persective, next someone’s going to measue angles between characters in the diatance and start denying gravity. For what its worth, Tahu looks like EVA 02 regardless of perspective, so that should inform the scale a bit. The artist PROBABLY had those cray cray angel-clone-giants in mind when composing the consept art.

Nice Castle! Reminds me alot of older system castles, though it doesnt really scream “bionicle!” to me. The functions are great, but I have toagree with some previous sentiment, the figures ARE blocky.