Brickonicle G3 Elements Poll [Worldbuilding] [Pitch]

I’ve gotta admit, this topic is the best argument for never giving the community power I’ve seen.

5 Likes

I would like to point out that we are shooting for a three year plan, and in G1’s first three year the secondary, more exotic, elements were not mentioned at all. This is because they didn’t exist at that point and were created after Bionicle became successful as a way to expand the world. They also weren’t mentioned in G2 at all, presumably for the same reason. Expecting all the elements to fit into a three year plan is insane. There’s not enough room.

‘Not really as fun.’ Neither is debating something that has no bearing on story or characters.

Fine. Fine. What would you have Pohatu’s Elemental power be?

The reality is ultimately alienating newer fans is inevitable with time.

But adding new powers is nowhere NEAR as complex as saaay taken Mata Nui and then going surprise there’s really this city from this other time that was under the island but then there’s this other island with this mask and these two dudes guarding it and it’s inhabited by our citizens but not really because they’re different because this one guy messed them up really bad because his brother…this goes on…

You can add new powers to a character without overcomplicating a story.

1 Like

You must be fun at parties.[quote=“TrotterNuva, post:470, topic:33898”]
Fine. Fine. What would you have Pohatu’s Elemental power be?
[/quote]

Air, make Pohatu Toa of Air.

And yet nobody complains about Star Wars when it expands its universe…then again that franchise is successful and experiments with different media.

Your point is…what? We’re not experiencing G3 by debating right now. We’re talking about what G3 should hold.

Iron. I’ve gone into this subject at length, so I’ll just link my thread about elements.

But we can take countermeasures against it by having G3 be less intricate where complexity doesn’t really add anything but fluff.

First, nobody is saying G1 was perfect in that regard. It wasn’t, and that’s part of why it had to end. Second, adding a really complicated system of Toa powers adds nothing and serves only as needless complications that stand in the way of easily getting into Bionicle.

He’s right, though. If any fandom got the rights to their relevant works, all hell would break loose. It would be Sans levels of “bad times.”

But that’s not necessary to get into the franchise. To get into Star Wars, you need to watch the movies. Nothing more. That’s not hard to get into, and it’s not hard to wrack your brain around.

1 Like

Iron. Interesting choice. Would that Element also include other metals, and are we talking pure Iron or Iron loaded with mineral impurities?

But if it’s TOO simple then people will just lose interest.

How is it complicated?

Earth can heat up and get hot to make Magma. Metal is refined earth

Water and Ice are the same thing at different temperatures

none of these concepts are hard to grasp at all for a kid. It’s been done before.

We’re not saying well Gali can change the molecular structure of the liquid to make it into a solid mass. We’d just be saying Gali can make water into ice. A child should be able to grasp that easily. Onua can heat the earth to make lava or he can manipulate metal because it’s just earth but refined. again easy to grasp

Why Air? Lewa is Air

I was refering to his rather negative outlook on these discussions, as if its wrong to even thing of something different…dare we even just imagine something that isnt the same old thing.

And why da hell should Bionicle be different? Why do we value this franchise so little to even not reach for something greater?

No, he stays Jungle (Wood),oh and Kopaka is Metal. Take it as a little more modified version of the Chinese Elements, which has 5 instead of 6 elements (now also adding the western element of Air).

Once again a discussion that has already happened.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, have we been watching different topics this whole time, or have you just not noticed the swirling drain of arguments we’ve been having?

I don’t think anyone has agreed on anything besides me and slime coming to a partial agreement on color schemes.

So Lew is now a Toa of Plantlife? Why?

@Matanui606 So, what are the answers?

Do not double post. -Eljay

All metal. The sand is only controllable for the sake of Pohatu keeping his sandnadoes, which were actually pretty cool.

All these sub-elements and combo-elements aren’t needed for the system, they add nothing, and they’re simply not going to be easy to remember. They’ll require rehearsal to recite off the top of one’s head, and that’s too much. With the current system, you can just rattle them off one-by-one.

No, they won’t. G1 kept it simple, and here we are, still obsessing over our plastic boys.

It’s not about deviation from the already-established material, it’s about what both has a benefit and still feels like Bionicle. Change that has no real benefit other than “IT’S DIFFERENT” isn’t good change.

Nobody said we can’t. We can have an expanded universe of lore and such, and we can have convoluted concepts. Just not anything that’s needed to get into it at all.

SHHHHH STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM HE’S HERE

We never came to a consensus. TTV will do what they do. We’re just saying what we think is the best course of action.

1 Like

Complicated and spanning about a hundred posts, scroll up and read them yourself.

Maybe Pohatu could control metal rocks, which Po-Koro is in abundance of? This is an alien world we’re talking about, here, so maybe? I still don’t get he sand, though, shouldn’t that be an Earth thing?

Really, we’ve already talked about this at length repeating it all is counterproductive.

Just gimme a couple bulletpoints

Alirght I honestly think you are SEVERELY underestimating a child’s ability to grasp a basic concept. I sounds to me like you’re just arguing because you don’t want to see any change

G2 kept it simple too and it tanked. Again makes me think you just want to see G1 2.0 rather than a reboot of the franchise.

1 Like

I constantly been hearing throughout the G3 discussion the same old tropes, the same old characters, villains, island location, story elements…we already hd two generations telling similar ot exactly the same stories. I want something new from Bionicle.

If I have another Story about animals attacking villages, then snake people attacking them with a giant black daddy dueling a chosen one, Im gonna burn someones house with a lemon.

2 Likes