Brickonicle: Vahki Transport

Vahki Transport
169 Pieces
12:99$

A view without Minifigs.

Detach the side speeders!

A closer look at a speeder.

Includes Nuurakh, Bordakh, Keerakh, and Rorzakh.

10 Likes

I think the concept behind this is good; a small battlepack to build one’s collection of mini-vahki. However, I think that the vahki would look better with custom-built heads (though this could be a new mold) and a toa to combat them so you could have ‘combat-in-a-box’.

Also, giving the vahki staffs might look better than simply stud shooters.

Not really a good critique, if this is a battle pack. Battle packa consist of only basic troopers and a small vehicle, without anyone from the enemy side. This is so they can be bought in mass and not have a bunch of repeats of Tahu.

However, since this is much bigger than a battle pack, yeah, maybe add a Toa.

2 Likes

Fair point, I could see not wanting lots and lots of the same figure.

TLBM sets really suffer from this… you only need one Batman.

EDIT: @HewksDKowlihad Fair enough, I can see that.

friendly reminder lego’s for kids
kids whose parents mostly likely only buy them a couple of sets a year
every set has batman so every kid can get a batman

4 Likes

@ReeseEH, The staves took more pieces than the guns.
@Omega_Tahu, You’re half right, but I remember some Star Wars battle packs that include two figures from each side. Also, the largest battle pack I found had only a few parts less than this, and since this isn’t a licenced set, it would be cheaper anyway.

I don’t remember. Do you have any examples? Either way, I doubt that they would be important characters.[quote=“darkbrick999, post:6, topic:33418”]
Also, the largest battle pack I found had only a few parts less than this, and since this isn’t a licenced set, it would be cheaper anyway.
[/quote]

Battle packs rarely have more than one small vehicle.

Examples of packs with more than one faction and more than one faction.

2 Likes

But, in most cases, a battle pack only includes four minifigures of a similar allegiance. This specific set follows the traditional way of doing it and seeing how this is a contest to make a LEGO-like product, following TLG’s norms is more than a good thing.

2 Likes