Brotherhood of Makuta: Piraunga and Tethis

Name: Makuta Piraunga
Assigned Region: Nomadic ( Formerly an unnamed southern island)
Kanohi: Pakari, Mask of Strength
Weapons: Energized Antidermis Blades

Bio: After the revelation that they had become gaseous beings, Piraunga was sent to the Nyranah ghosts to test the armor made for the newly evolved species. Finding it satisfactory, Piraunga stayed with the ghosts in order to work on a new type of weapon to harness the new forms that the makuta had obtained. The resulting collaboration produced a deadly new weapon: energized antidemis blades. Wanting to test the new weapons and armor, Teridax had Piraunga attack an island which was protected by a toa team of plasma, air, magnetism, iron, water, and gravity. Being unaccustomed to his new armor, Piraunga was severely damaged in the beginning of the battle, but found that using the energized antidermis blades kept his essence contained. After striking the last toa down, he sailed back to Destral to report back to Teridax. Only an empty shell of armor made it back to the island: the energized antidermis blades had consumed the Makuta’s essence in order to power themselves. Teridax scrapped the technology and had several makuta sent on missions to keep watch over populations of matoran of iron and magnetism, as the toa of said populations had caused the severe damage to Piraunga’s armor that indirectly caused his death.

Piraunga was an arrogant Makuta, and sought any edge to be the strongest there ever was. Like Miserix, Piraunga modeled his body after dragons, but not to the same extreme as his leader. Piraunga might have been one of the strongest of his species had he developed his energized blade technology further. The blade’s one weakness ended up costing Piraunga his life.

Gallery when public.

Name: Makuta Tethis
Assigned Region: Central Sea
Kanohi: Huri, Mask of Adaptation
Weapons: Hydro-Lance

Bio: While most makuta were assigned an island to watch over that had matoran, Makuta Tethis was assigned the sea as a precautionary measure. She patrolled the sea for countless centuries with hardly a peep. After the great cataclysm, Tethis was sent to check the damage and was subsequently mutated by the infected waters. Still intent on following orders, she investigated Voya Nui, and tried to prevent the sinking of Mahri Nui, but was instead crushed under the island for her efforts.

Makuta Tethis modeled her body to be more aqua dynamic to move through her domain all the faster. She added fins to her shoulders and turned her claws poisonous to better defend against creatures of the deep.

Tethis’ heels actually had a purpose: when swimming, her feet turned into flippers to swim even better than normal.

Tethis’ kanohi Huri, paired with her own natural adaptation abilities allowed her to only be slightly affected by the pit mutagen during the brief moment of time she was exposed to it, causing her to lose her transformation abilities.

Gallery when public.

Apologies if the pictures turned out too blurry or dark, i am already working on a fix to my photo setup to fix any problems and hope to have better pictures up sooner rather than later. Comments and criticism alike are welcome. Have a good day!

41 Likes

sure look cool, the arm sword guy is cool

Tethis is awesome.

Piraunga is a bit meh thought. pretty generic-ish.

1 Like

Zaria? :stuck_out_tongue:

Very nice mocs!

The best criticisms I can muster up are that those armor addons looks somewhat odd, being repeated as they are on Piraunga, and that Tethis’ torso looks a bit dull with only that one Brain attack armor part.

The first one is awesome.
The second one is pretty good.

these are fearsome! nice work

Tethis doesn’t really look female.

Piraunga is really cool, I like his arm blades.

Mmmm… wrist/arm blades

I actually prefer the second one, as its colors look good.
Both are very nice.
Great job!

2 Likes

Love how you made two unique and fesh backstories.
Also, your accent colors are flawless. That teal on Tethis and milky lime on Piraunga is something else.

I love these

Don’t get me wrong, both of them look nice, but aside from the “function” of Tethis’ feet and the use of a colour on her that isn’t seen too often I don’t really feel like they’re very special.

Could of course also just be my G1>G2 mentality :wink:

Stories are nice enough, too and work, like I said. I really like that Tethis was assigned the central Sea - a nice idea.

Anyways, both MOCs accepted! Thanks for participating again!

I got to say Piraunga and Tethis both look great.
Though I think Piraunga should have green eyes instead of red and Tethis needs some more armor on the chest.

These are both really cool. Cant see any flaws with them.

These are some top notch mocs

Both models look amazing, but why would a Makuta need a adaptation Kanohi? They already shape â– â– â– â– â– , change density, and manipulate molecules?

Thank you!

I was kinda going for generic, yet defined for Piraunga, mostly cause I wanted him to be the first makuta to wear the new armor, so in a way, his amor is the prototype for other makuta’s armor.

Thank you! I was going for an armored look for Pira, hence the repeated addons, they make him look bulkier. As for tethis, I wanted her to look sleek, yet armored, and the brain attack torso armor does hat with minimal pieces, at least compared to other torso pieces I think.

Thank you all very much, glad you guys liked them.

I tried going for a subtle female vibe for Tethis, not full on nuva boobs and exaggerated proportions like a lot of female mocs on the boards. I suppose the shoulders could be a bit narrower though, thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, sorry about that, in my annotation I said I will get better pictures up, and I hope to do just that soon.

Its probably a little bit of your said bias against G2 coming up, but its all good. Just quoting you from another brotherhood topic:

Some people like gen 1 better than gen 2. I’m just glad to have the chance to build towards a goal. We’re a majority of te way there! cant wait to see all the Makuta at the end.

Pira’s eyes are actually magenta, I thought it would be a nice change of pace. Tethis is supposed to be aqua dynamic, and adding more armor to her would counteract that I think, thanks for the input.

I thought of it as different kinds of adaption, she can keep her mask on all the time at a low level, simislar to how Hahli Inika’s mask was always on, so that she can subtly adapt to her conditions without really thinking about it, and it would also allow her to use any of her makuta powers at any time without having to constantly adapt.

Sorry for all the late responses everyone, my laptop died and it took me forever to find the charging cable. I had to make due with my phone for a bit, so forgive me for not responding earlier. Hope you all have a good day.

4 Likes

It was mainly the mask. Maybe use a different one? I dunno. But making the shoulders slimmer would definitely be an improvement.